CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default #1 tool for diagnosing automotive electrical systems = POWER PROBE 3

http://www.powerprobeonline.com/power-probe-iii.html

It is next on my Definitely Buy tool shortlist.

I have used the older models and this one blows them away.

I can't begin to tell you all how much time this would save a pro or diy mechanic.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Cool Shit man!
    When I was in Texas in the beginning of this month I picked up a Innova 3130 to do the codes on the MINI. http://www.amazon.com/Equus-3130-Dia...ag=unlinker-20
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Pretty doggone expensive - even at the "sale" price.

For $160 you could get a primo quality (4.5 digit) DMM.

Nothing like a good ole DMM for me - though it does not have a "test light" built in, it is good for cars, the home, anywhere.

I was a mechanic for 13 years and specialized in diagnosis and electrical.

I have a Fluke and a Mac Tools mulitimeter.

This thing blows them away/

You can get the basic kit on e-bay for $110.

Never cheap out on your tools.
    - Mario

Questions?

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Agree with you completely as far as not "cheaping out" on tools - we should never be "penny-wise and pound-foolish" as Benjamin Franklin might say.

I have Tektronix and Wavetek multimeters for home personal use - and a wide selection of Agilent and Fluke meters at work..

I suppose it is all in "where you are coming from" as far as what is familiar to use and serves to suit your own needs.

Myself - I'll always prefer a standard DMM measuring resistance, voltage, current, and junction drop (diode check) to figure out my problems.

I use them as well for those self same purposes.

I was just getting at the functions that this incorporates are a great feature for the simple fact of time saved.

I do tons of automotive electrical system troubleshooting on friend and customer cars. This tool, to me, would prove invaluable.
    - Mario

Questions?

CelicaTech Supporter anachranerd is on a distinguished road
    anachranerd has donated to the forums!

I am definitely adding one of those to my list.

Sigh. So many things to buy still. Not enough money.

Next on the list---500$ mig welder....500$....damn i wish i made more money sometimes lol

I have the power probe 1. about to get the 3 from usa tools on WED, the master kit goes for 239

Master Kit for the PP3 is what I want to pick up as well.
    The PP1 is still a GREAT tool
    - Mario

Questions?

I have the power probe 3. Great tool. I agree that a DVOM still has its place but you can do things with a power probe you can't do with a dvom.

You can start a car with a pp
    You can put windows up and down with a pp
    The list goes on and on.

IMO it's an indispensable tool. It does not replace a dvom it compliments it.

Thanks Jesse
    Most don't realize the scope of functions this little tool really has.
    Makes it quite powerful!
    - Mario

Questions?

Have bought the pp3 from my snap on retailer 2 years ago and as an automotive technician back then i truly recomand it. Makes troubleshooting faster/easier and has really cool, simple to use features. A really cool toy...

Thread Information