CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default My 1990 Celica Alltrac Project - #154

Well, I figured I'd make a thread for my 1990 Celica Alltrac project that I have recently purchased. It is my first turbo'd Toyota, and is my new daily driver. I bought the car with 186,512 miles on it from the original owner in Eugene, OR. It was made in January of 1990 and is car number 154. Other than an aftermarket stereo setup, it is 100% factory.

My plans for the car is to basically make it a real clean driver, that is capable of doing some trails and auto-x with a little extra power than factory. Other than an oil change to Royal Pruple (had Mobil 1 all of its life), I have only changed the intercooler couplers and radiator cap so far.

Here are some pictures of when I just bought it:

Here are some pictures of its first auto-x event!

Here is a pic of the kind of wheels I just picked up for it today. I just have to order the H&R spacers for the rear before I can put them on!

They are 17x8 Motegi Tracklites (Forged)!
    1990 Toyota Celica Alltrac

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

you are going to DD a alltrac lol?
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Why not? I daily drive my RC and WRC...

The car looks great man! Can't wait to see pics of the car with rims + spacers fitted!
    Toyota Celica GT-Four WRC

Toyota Celica GT-Four RC 2626•5000

Quote Originally Posted by burnyd
    you are going to DD a alltrac lol?
    Of course! It's AWD, and has all the creature comforts! Much better than my 240SX race car, ha ha. While that car is very fast, handles amazing, and is a blast to drive over all.... it's not the most comfortable and safe car to drive year round, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by salv
    Why not? I daily drive my RC and WRC...

The car looks great man! Can't wait to see pics of the car with rims + spacers fitted!
    Thanks! Me neither! lol

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2_Liter_Turbo
    Of course! It's AWD, and has all the creature comforts! Much better than my 240SX race car, ha ha. While that car is very fast, handles amazing, and is a blast to drive over all.... it's not the most comfortable and safe car to drive year round, lol.
    I'm pretty sure he is talking about the reliability issues... But I love the car, that was the color of my Celica.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavanagh
    I'm pretty sure he is talking about the reliability issues... But I love the car, that was the color of my Celica.
    Well, after this winter it shouldn't be an issue, because I'll always have a back up to drive (the race car or the convertible).

I took the car up on a snow hillclimb today! Had a blast!

Couple pics on top of the mountain:

man that All trac looks hot i really want one even a stock all trac
    Custom Intake
    Universal Muffler
    Hawk HP Brake Pads
    2002 MR2 Spyder Wheels
    Lowered By Zenn Springs 1.8" dropped

Quote Originally Posted by mar_phi6
    man that All trac looks hot i really want one even a stock all trac
    Lol, thanks! Mine is 100% stock!

Pretty sweet in the snow.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

Pics from today!

Definitely just wet myself looking at those pics. I never considered actually racing/tracking mine cause I figured with the shitty stock handling and it being fresh on the road after sitting for 5 years it'd die. But maybe I'll try an event or two, definetly motivated to get my clutch fixed and my other issues worked out. DDing them ain't bad, just gotta keep up on maintenance.

Mine is 100% stock, so you can def push them stock!

Great job man im still very jealous a few more day and i would have had a buyer for my car and would have bought that car, Grats again on getting to it before me lol! Gorgeous car!

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar

oh god I want my st185 back so bad right now.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

MMM pretty
    ~Dustin

14" DC TRD O/R MGM Tacoma-Daily Driver
    85' Toyota MR2 N/A-out of commission forever
    88' Toyota MR2 N/A- 4age = D E A D. AE92GZE underway
    Your Girlfriend - I ride her on the weekends

Quote Originally Posted by Razors_Edge
    Great job man im still very jealous a few more day and i would have had a buyer for my car and would have bought that car, Grats again on getting to it before me lol! Gorgeous car!
    Thanks! Yeah, there were a lot of people who were looking at it! Ha ha

I finally got some goodies in for the Celica!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

AWESOME pictures! Makes me want a 185' even more! Argh. Nice goodies too!
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

very nice
    Toyota Celica GT-Four WRC

Toyota Celica GT-Four RC 2626•5000

2Liter, lots of people talk about reliability issues with the Alltrac such as the reference in an earlier post. I say don't worry about that. Alltracs are plenty reliable if taken care of and serviced promptly and properly. Judging my the pics and the lifetime of Mobil1 I'd say that the original owner did it right.
    Shadow's Minion Army - Storm Trooper

Quote Originally Posted by RedRkt01 View Post
    2Liter, lots of people talk about reliability issues with the Alltrac such as the reference in an earlier post. I say don't worry about that. Alltracs are plenty reliable if taken care of and serviced promptly and properly. Judging my the pics and the lifetime of Mobil1 I'd say that the original owner did it right.
    lolol its hit or miss!

man, those winter pictures are almost desktop worthy.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by burnyd View Post
    man, those winter pictures are almost desktop worthy.
    Ha ha, if you want I can send any one of them in high res with whatever dimensions your desktop is.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRkt01 View Post
    I here ya, everyone says I should have blown my 240SX up a long time ago, but it still runs great. I am very anal with maintenance though, ha ha.

Thread Information