CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: Do you wear seat belts when you're in your car?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep - I wear 'em all the time...

135 81.33%
  • Usually, but not always...

12 7.23%
  • Only when I'm driving...

9 5.42%
  • Only when I'm NOT driving...

0 0%
  • Sometimes...

1 0.60%
  • Only when I remember, or only when I am reminded...

3 1.81%
  • Only on long trips...

1 0.60%
  • Nope... I never wear the things...

5 3.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I wear mine everytime. I feel naked without it. Seatbelts save lives! I know it has saved mine on at least 3 occasions..... 75 into a wall is no walk in the park, but to be able to walk away is great.

-Terracar

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    Seat belt is part of my mental "checklist". It goes on no matter what. I won't move until everyone in car is wearing one.
    This!

Even LONG before it was law when I was a kid riding in my dads ol' 56 Ford Customline (god I wish I still had that car). He wouldnt move the car until each and every one of had our belts on.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

In ND its not a stoppable offense but they will ticket you if you get stopped for something else. I dont think they should be able ticket you for something if you only dont do it when you forget. Thats retarded. You can be arrested for forgetting to wear clothes outa the house but its a hellava lot easier to remember to wear clothes. A vigilant seat belt wearer should not be fined because they forgot to put it on one time.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oops, I forgot to take my baby out of the car when I went to the mall on a 95° day. Thats shouldnt be illegal
    Oops, I forgot that my brake lights dont work, sorry you rear ended me.
    Oops, I forgot to pay attentio to my speedometer and didnt MEAN to go 95 in a 55.

See how far that gets you. I have gotten a seatbelt ticket once before. Guess how many times Ive forgotten to put my seat belt on since then.
    The point of a ticket in the first place is to deter you from making the same mistake or bad choice again.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

I live in PA. and it is the law, but if you ride a motorcycle in PA. you don't have to wear a helmet. It makes no sense at all, but I follow the laws I don't make them. Thank God there are people out there smarter than me who get paid to make these tough decisions
    90 Celica Alltrac (code-name Project Phoenix)
    94 Celica GT (Selene)

You gotta love PA

Yes I own 5(five) ST165's...it is problem...but I do not care

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I didnt use to wear it, but three seatbelt tickets later, I wear it. Im also driving on a suspended lisense, so I dont wanna give them any reason to stop me lol.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by CollapsedNut View Post
    Im also driving on a suspended lisense, so I dont wanna give them any reason to stop me lol.
    You might want to look into "suspended license" as being a good reason to stop you.

yep - wear it everytime.

Fell asleep at the wheel in my 90 GTS and and plowed into a pine tree headon!

GTS - became a tree hugger
    me - bruised ribs and sprained ankle

Thankful (to this day) to walk away from that one!

91 GT vert

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    You might want to look into "suspended license" as being a good reason to stop you.
    I dont wanna drive without it, but Im kinda skrewed cause I have no other way to work. So basically I drive as safe and slow as ppossible, avoid known lisense check places, and only go to work and home

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Ever since I started skydiving, I have been very safety aware. It's a good habbit to always wear the ole seatbelts.

flipped my honda accord on a dirt road in vermont...my first car.
    I would of been thrown out of the sun roof guarantee it.
    But i wore my seat belt.
    The only injury was a minor cut from crawling out my driver window(glass got me) cause it was a crumpled soda can of a car.

5th grade many many years ago.
    Sitting shot gun, and i was wearing my seat belt but wearing it wrong, just the lap portion not the shoulder portion cause it annoyed me by being on my chest.
    The driver got T-boned(driver side).
    I hit my head so hard on the dash board that i cracked it.
    I had a lump on my forehead the size of my fist(at that time).
    If i was not wearing it...i would of been a human projectile.

Seat belts for the win.
    And those who believe they trap more people than they save them, one you are grotesquely miss-informed and two carry a small pocket knife with you(if you are that scared of your seatbelt)...or just have an actual seatbelt cutter in car. They are small and cheap.

but yeah i will stop rambling

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

does a schroth 4 point racing harness count
    Last edited by jaydog82; 06-02-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: adding a pic
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog82 View Post
    does a schroth 4 point racing harness count
    [IMG]http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr54/jaydog82celi/DSC07332.jpg[IMG]
    provided you have proper harness bar; then yes.

they mount under the seat bolts
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

i made the same mistake early on as well. But if you get in accident you have a real good chance of breaking your back with your present set up.

could you post pics of your setup? i was just following the directions.
    ST165

here take a gander at this link it can explain a few things for ya:
    http://www.doubledgarage.com/?p=2925

i will post pics of my setup for ya but in the mean while:

and for the bar:

^avoid the shit ebay ones like this one
    because of:

have a thick gauge one fabricated for you or diy, they are not too hard to make at all.

hope i have been of help

this may be hard to do, i need to have room for my kids.
    ST165

Stick with the stock seatbelt then I should think
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Images

Why the bar at all? Why not take the belt straight to the rear seat bolts? Angle?

Edit: NVM, clicked the link lol

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

what about the back seat bolt?
    http://www.soloracer.com/ral4inpoin.html
    ST165

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    Stick with the stock seatbelt then I should think
    ^to be frank: I agree with him.
    The stock belts will treat you fine.

I mean in the end it is your spine...just trying to pass on some humble knowledge that i have is all.

im not looking to use the harness all the time, but when i do use it i would like to use it correctly.
    ST165

Pretty much all the time

Thread Information