CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: Do you wear seat belts when you're in your car?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep - I wear 'em all the time...

135 81.33%
  • Usually, but not always...

12 7.23%
  • Only when I'm driving...

9 5.42%
  • Only when I'm NOT driving...

0 0%
  • Sometimes...

1 0.60%
  • Only when I remember, or only when I am reminded...

3 1.81%
  • Only on long trips...

1 0.60%
  • Nope... I never wear the things...

5 3.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

them things is useless unless you drifting

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Quote Originally Posted by Slider
    I always wear them, I feel naked if I don't have it on.
    Same here. In the rare instance I start driving without a seat belt on I'm immediately thinking, "What am I forgetting ..."

Seriously everyone - you can be the best driver ever and someone else could cause an accident. Many times a seatbelt is the difference between life and death.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

i always wear mine. just not all 5 points of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

Always. I just don't feel right unless I'm wearing it. Probably because I've been wearing them for as long as I can remember. I even tried to drive a few blocks once without it, and I had to put it on after the first one.

Cheers,
    Berg

"If a man tries to fail and succeeds, which did he do?"
    I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO HAVE A FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN THEIR CAR

My Megasquirt project:

Yep always, saved my life a few times too I imagine. In my opinion, you gotta be just dumber than shit to think it's safer to be thrown out of the car, or you won't be able to free yourself under water...and if you think it looks uncool or your clothes will look bad, then you likely have a self esteem problem you need help for as well.

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

It's a religion to wear mine!

She's sold
    !

I wear mine all the time in my own vehicles and when it is possible without huge discomfort, but in some cars/trucks its not a option like Emmy Rose's truck. I always have to sit in the back (try fitting a bear like luni in the back seat) the belt doesnt work so I go without.
    ~Dustin

14" DC TRD O/R MGM Tacoma-Daily Driver
    85' Toyota MR2 N/A-out of commission forever
    88' Toyota MR2 N/A- 4age = D E A D. AE92GZE underway
    Your Girlfriend - I ride her on the weekends

Lifetime Member hobbie2k is on a distinguished road hobbie2k's Avatar
    hobbie2k has donated to the forums!

Images

I always wear mine, even for a very short drive on the road. If I'm just moving the car in or out of the garage...I probably won't, or if I'm parked and just sitting in it. But whenever I get on the road, it's on.
    Team 'learn about other cars and you may learn more about yours' member 002
    2015 Skoda Octavia Wagon
    1996 Nissan Pulsar SSS

Court investments - $25,475 and counting. Mr.Shaun91 is on a distinguished road Mr.Shaun91's Avatar
    Mr.Shaun91 has donated to the forums!

see im the only guilty thus far. i never wear the damn things.....
    95 4Runner SR5 4X4 - DD
    91 Celica GTS 5s-fte- DEAD with 348k on the clock
    90 Celica GT - DEAD parts car

One day with the help of Gods good grace
    Phantom

TOYOTA = To Obliterate Your Obsolite Torqueless AntiClimax

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

I never wore them until I was in the military - USAF - there they ingrained in my head to wear them every time I would enter or leave the base.

Since then - it is like I am naked if I don't have it on - just a "gut reaction" type of thing.

I always wear mine, I grew up in the 80's and Im asian so I was a natural target for cops. You didn't have to wear them in the early 80's till the mid 80's they made it law and I would always get pulled over for no reason and they would always try and bust me for not wearing my seatbelt so it kind of stuck and now its on before I even know it. I have been known to try and get out of the car forgetting to remove it. ouch!

RICE WHITE ALLTRAC

Captain I wont let Luni drive my WRX on the Dragon Wicked Toys is on a distinguished road Wicked Toys's Avatar
    Wicked Toys has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Wicked Toys helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

One of my good habits to always wear'em. Kept me in check plenty of times from idiots on the road.

91 GT "8 Years of Enjoyment but Sold"
    86 GT (Gave to Cousin)
    91 Alltrac/GT-Four "For Sale"
    04 WRX "Stage 2 Daily Driver"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Shaun91
    see im the only guilty thus far. i never wear the damn things.....
    It's ok, it just lets us know not to really get to know you...
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

I should wear mine, but never bother... I do wear it on long trips though.

I've disabled the reminder in my truck and there isnt a reminder in my Celica.

I wear it ever since i got a ticket for not. Unless im just sitting there. I did catch myself today not wearing it though, but thats cause i was crammed in the back of a small car and had no maneuverability

i always wear my and mke anyone thats in the car to theres on. when they say no i tell them r u going to pay the tickets. it always work.
    it good to wear it u never know what dum ass thats on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by alistair View Post
    Always wear mine, and my passengers have to wear theirs too. I won't leave until everyone has their seat belt on.
    my rule too...i threw a female out cuz she didnt wanna wear it.....but if im crusin in my parkin lot to the garage then i dont worry about it. but mainly yes i do

Quote Originally Posted by mannygtfour View Post
    i always wear my and mke anyone thats in the car to theres on. when they say no i tell them r u going to pay the tickets. it always work.
    it good to wear it u never know what dum ass thats on the road.
    it the state of oregon i believe anyone over the age of 16 gets their own ticket anyways.

I feel naked without one on, very awkward feeling if you forget to put it on before you start driving.
    However .... if i'm going a very short distance and not on any roads (such as parking lot to parking lot) then i usually wont put one on. Still feel really weird without one.

I play well with others....
    Others, Not you.

wow i feel so irresponsible. ill usually take of and then put it on. the woman is always telling me to put it on before we go anywhere. but i do have it on after a couple turns
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

yeah i wear them especially when im alone driving..

if im with the gf and my mom, i usually dont wear them so i feel that i dont feel the need to drive fast and play around with ricers..

but when i ask the gf to put it on, it means, its game time! LOL

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Bottles are for babies, real men get blown....
    Making your car Track worthy, is making it MORE than Road worthy..

they saved my life twice...so yeah i wear them. all the time. every time.

Yes I own 5(five) ST165's...it is problem...but I do not care

I also always wear them and they save me few times. It doesn't matter how good driver you are if other driver is dumb and make accident. I doubt you will feel better if get in hospital and know that accident wasn't you fault.
    Around year ago i totaled volvo S80 T6 (2.8 biturbo) and didn't got any serious injury just because wear seatbelt.
    My present car

nope , worked as a delivery driver for years and would drive short distances to drop things off , legally i could get away with it and have never got into the habit of putting 1 on , prior to this job i would only use i if i thought id get fined

Since its easy, yes I do use the belts all the time.

UT2 (SCW) Chan - Oakland, CA
    04 Duc Monster DS
    90 All-Trac/ GT4RC :: hydra 2.17 :: 880 :: sb46 :: 205ic
    400BHP @ 20#, low 12s

Frankly, you'd be stupid not to wear one whenever the car is in motion.

Driving around a jobsite/around the corner/just up the street at maybe 20 km/r (15mph) would be the ONLY exception

Thread Information