CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: Do you wear seat belts when you're in your car?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep - I wear 'em all the time...

135 81.33%
  • Usually, but not always...

12 7.23%
  • Only when I'm driving...

9 5.42%
  • Only when I'm NOT driving...

0 0%
  • Sometimes...

1 0.60%
  • Only when I remember, or only when I am reminded...

3 1.81%
  • Only on long trips...

1 0.60%
  • Nope... I never wear the things...

5 3.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Do you wear seat belts when you're in your car?

Do you wear seat belts when you're in your car?

I wear mine all the time.. except when we are on the job site driving around.

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

DUH It's against the law not to!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

Seatbelt's are not just for your safety, but for others' as well. If some asshole sideswipes you on the freeway, you'll have a better chance of remaining in control of your car if you have the seatbelt to harness you in, versus getting knocked around and letting your car fuck other people up around you.

It's not just the law, it's a good idea! =p

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 GT // Sold as Of November 30th, 2009 =(

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I use my seatbelt to an asinine degree. One of the jobs I used to work, we couldn't leave for "lunch". But we'd all go out to our cars anyway. I'd go and jam out and munch a few things of course. But even though my car never moved, I still put on my seatbelt... every single time... for whatever reason. Lol I got hazed about it a little bit. But it's all good.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

CelicaTech Supporter rizin is on a distinguished road
    rizin has been to an annual Dragon Meet! rizin has donated to the forums!

Images

Not from my place to the gas station. The Bad thing is normally a accident happens 5 miles from your house. It is only a block.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I have several broken teeth, have broken nearly a dozen bones, totaled more cars than many of you have ever owned and killed a woman.

I now wear my seatbelt all the time, regardless. Even as a passenger, even if I am the only one in the car with it on.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

It's a habit for me.

First thing I do, even if its a 30 second drive.

Always wear mine, and my passengers have to wear theirs too. I won't leave until everyone has their seat belt on.

I wear mine all the time. I've had a couple of friends killed who weren't wearing theirs. If they had, they'd still be here today. You're pretty much guaranteed to die if you get thrown for the car, especially if the damn thing rolls over on you!
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

I cant sit in my car without the seatbelt being done up.... even if the engine is not on..

Seat belt is part of my mental "checklist". It goes on no matter what. I won't move until everyone in car is wearing one.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Yep, every time all the time no matter how short the ride.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I'll usually have it on. It's usually habit to reach over & buckle it in.

Sometimes I'll lag about it (when I'm dead ass tired and can barely walk to the car to drive to work) and will forget, but the first couple turns I make I realize I'm flopping around and I'll then snap it in.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I hit always but in hindsight I should change that. I don't put on seatbelts moving cars up from the bay down to the service drive and vice versa. But anytime I go on public roadways and (of course) the track I wear my seatbelt.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Every time. Childhood habit, compounded by seatbelt compliance being higher in Canada than the US.

However, two years as a reporter in Squamish on the highway between Whistler and Vancouver cemented it. If I'm driving, the car doesn't move until everyone's buckled in.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Lifetime Member jsooke is on a distinguished road
    jsooke has donated to the forums!

I learned my lesson ... driving a car with a bench seat ... on a hard right I over corrected and it snapped the rear end out .... really hard to control a car from the right side when your right foot is planted to the floor and you are hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life.

Yes, even in modern cars wear the belt all the time ... been in a few bumps while racing and you really know what belts do then.

Jay

I had friends that never bothered with seat belts, until they rode with my in my Buick with leather interior. I drove my Buick like I drive my Celica, so that'd be why.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

I always wear them, I feel naked if I don't have it on.

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

yes, always. i've seen alot of dead people that could have survived if they had buckled up. on a different note, side impacts right at the door are a whole other story. seatbelts are mainly effective in head on collisions and angle collisions.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

yea i pretty much do the same as some of you guiys said if i'm driving i dont move the car until everyone is strapped in. There's been a few times though where i've been the passenger and i spaced on it..especially when i was in my ex-friends bmw cuz i couldn't find it.... it was in the middle of the backseat instead of by the door.....i love foriegn cars
    Life is gonna happen whether your ready or not. Let it run you over, or take it head on you choice.

ug2

Some people go for ricer,(more of a type of person than car really...) some people go for flash,
    some go for power,
    I'd rather have both
    ..power first though. it may prove more expensive than engine parts though...

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Overflow is running a little low... Blacktrac is on a distinguished road
    Blacktrac has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Never leave home without it!!!
    Paul
    91 Black Celica All-trac
    70 MG Midget 13b/FI Rotary powered;
    SCCA Solo Emod

all the time. i don't even move till everyone else has their seatbelt on.

I have a hard time not putting on my belt even if I'm sitting parked.
    It's not that I think people should be forced into it, or even that it should be illegal, I just don't feel secure and connected to the car without it.

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

I wear mine pretty much all the time, but if I am just driving down the street and not going very fast, sometimes I dont bother.

I am a firm believer in seat belts saving lives, but I also think that it should be up to the discretion of the driver, not the law. It is just something else that the cops can use for revenue.

Thread Information