CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    CelicaTech Supporter rizin is on a distinguished road
    rizin has been to an annual Dragon Meet! rizin has donated to the forums!

Images

I would send you the whole thing but I am to lazy. Plus you don't want it it is missing fifth gear and a detent ball and spring.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The disc is gonna wobble a good bit without the splines, but it should be tight/minimum clearance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoda for President

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Dude, you might have ordered the right disk, but that was not it. No way should that have happened.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I'm working with ACT to see what they can do. I'll order a new disc (or get one from them gratis). I'll slide it on the transmission input and see if I have any gap. I hope not. :fingers crossed:
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Like I said... Competition Clutch FTW.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    Like I said... Competition Clutch FTW.
    Word! I have had no problems with CC in the past. Wish I could afford one now but I went Exedy OEM replacement this time. My swap will get a competition clutch.

Good luck Tim! Definitely recommend the ss Techna -fit clutch line. Stuart@ techna-fit(owner/president) went above and beyond as far as customer service when I had a computer failure in the middle of paying. Emailed back a forth and even sent me an invoice direct to Paypal, and gave me free decals. Also shipped out Tuesday and arrived here last night lol.
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Images

Yeah, the folks at comp have always taken good care of me. I've ordered some weird combos and they've always been able to accommodate me.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

That's the first time I've ever seen the splines striped out of a clutch disc. I'd think it must have made a helluva racket...?
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Well they (Comp.Clutch) doesn't have a full face street disc for the 3s-gte. They have a 6puck sprung/unsprung for the 3s-gte though.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

I ran a 6 puck unsprung and it was great.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

I just reached out to them...they dealer I saw was being stubborn and won't sell me just a disc

Her Build thread -->

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

I'd go direct from the site, or call Em. What did act say? You still have proof you ordered the correct disc?(i.e. Reciept with verifiable part numbers?)
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post
    I'd go direct from the site, or call Em. What did act say? You still have proof you ordered the correct disc?(i.e. Reciept with verifiable part numbers?)
    I reached out to CC (no contact yet from them, there's no shopping cart option on their site).

For 'proof', I have my invoice from the vendor I bought it from showing the P/N breakdown in the kit. That's it.

Her Build thread -->

Images

This weekend sucked. I have (had) this Dodge Dynasty sitting in the backyard. The owner finally called a wrecker and sold it. They didn't check with me though and let me know about it until Friday around 3pm that they were going to be out Sunday at 3pm to pick it up. That meant I had to get Jasmine moved somehow (as it was still up on stands with the transmission off).

Saturday comes. I brake clean the crap outta the flywheel and pressure plate to make sure they're purty and squeaky clean. New clutch disc goes in, new OEM throwout bearing, white lithium grease the input shaft for the throwout and pivot ball and throw the transmission on. I call it a day as my back was spasming by the time I finally got it on.

Sunday arrives. Finish bolting up the rest of the transmission (crossmembers, mount, re-install axles etc). I thought my chassis was tweaked a little bit but after talking to Willy and a few others I think the chassis is fine. I did break at least one (maybe 2) of the north/south crossmember nuts (not bolt) when torquing them down to BGB specs. They're still tight, but not as tight as they should be. I need to drop the crossmenber again one of these weekends when I have the welder here. I'll cut the mount area out, weld in new nuts on the backside of the metal and weld it back into the chassis.

Somehow I developed a power steering leak while it was sitting. Don't know how, but its leaking again. I need to get an alignment again and track down the torque steer problem again (I think it's due to the alignment though).

Drove it aorund the block, had a very low clutch engagement again. I bled the system this morning and adjusted the master cylinder throw to raise it just a bit. While driving (I took the kids to/from school in it) the clutch felt better the more I drove it. Gotta give it a couple hundred miles to bed properly before I really get on it.

And I broke the speedo cable somehow (must of gotten bound up somewhere), crushed a small part of the radiator by the turbo compressor housing and ripped out my coolant sensor wires for the prosport gauge :facepalm:

The gauge still works (it held 180*F while driving today). The radiator isn't leaking anything and is still holding pressure (when I realized what happened yesterday I popped the cap off and it burped coolant out so there was no leak). I don't know if it'll hold pressure in the summer, but I'll replace it when I have time (the dealer remembered me and will sell me one for cost). I also replaced the air filter with a better quality unit. My other one was showing it's age.

All taken in, it was a productive weekend. Except for a few setbacks, a thrown out back and my scar from the surgery deciding to open up last night it went alright. The couple drives I took though were incredible. All you hear is motor, turbo and exhaust. No clutch chatter, no TOB squealing, no sounds of the bellhousing getting ready to self-implode. After I adjusted the throw shifts were much easier. I still have a small grind here & there but nothing like before. I'll adjust the throw a bit more and I should be good.

Her Build thread -->

Good to hear some updates Tim. Thanks much and may you recover quickly!
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

CelicaTech Supporter rizin is on a distinguished road
    rizin has been to an annual Dragon Meet! rizin has donated to the forums!

Images

Wow Tim you were able to torque a bolt until it broke. I thought the bolts normally broke you. Good to here you got it back and going.

Quote Originally Posted by rizin View Post
    Wow Tim you were able to torque a bolt until it broke. I thought the bolts normally broke you. Good to here you got it back and going.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thgenceli View Post
    I did break at least one (maybe 2) of the north/south crossmember nuts (not bolt) when torquing them down to BGB specs.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Images

You're terrible at working in a car...

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

Hey we all got our flaws. I'm not a mechanic. Everything I know about cars and mechanical repairs/troubleshooting I've learned from the internet and reading manuals. I'm still thrilled that I successfully performed a 3sgte turbo swap and didn't have it blow up in my face when I started.

I'm actually contemplating buying another Celica and moving the power plant into that one. I thought about MudHoney. Then I found this '87 ST coupe a half hour away. Fresh rebuild, 50k miles. It overheated and they quit driving it. He'll sell it to me for $250.

I'm torn right now on what to do. I need the vehicle to drive around and pick up the kids from the school a day or two a week. We'll be picking up a new vehicle soon so I won't have to try to keep 2 cars from breaking down. Then either at the end of this summer or next summer I'll be getting another vehicle. That'll really take the load off Jasmine (which is what I want to do). I never meant for her to be a daily driver. More of a weekend warrior type car and occasional cruises.

Her Build thread -->

Images

While back I thought I would be kind to teh gentleman hauling an uncovered load by catching a brick. Good news, I was able to swerve and avoid it taking out the intercooler. Bad news, a portion of it smashed the core support, put a small ding in the lower oil pan while a larger potion of it took out part of my fuel line feed/return plastic shield, cold side charge pipe and the driver side sway bar mount (smashed royally).

I ordered the new pipes (I love Global Tech!). Couple quick cuts with a hacksaw, some beading work and hairspray and the piping was repaired. While I was under there I addressed the small problems I had. Rattling from passenger side wheel, turned out the inner wheel bearing dust cover was loose. Quick pop with a screwdriver and it was back on. Checked out the driver side noise when turning, turned out it as the new rubber CV boot squeaking on itself. It seems to of quieted down/stopped after a bit more driving.

She's driving nicely still. No more boost leaks, smooth and gentle driving. Very much so a daily driver. However, when warm she seems to develop a 'death rattle'. Not as bad as when the disc went out, but still there a bit. This has me a bit concerned. It could just be clutch chatter from the disc wearing in (as it didn't do it after I replaced the clutch). This has me thinking about my previous post again. Finding a donor chassis and moving everything over. I've found a few options and need to sit down and figure out financially if it is going to be worthwhile to continue the quest or throw in the towel and sell everything.

Her Build thread -->

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

I say drive it another thousand miles and see if it gets worse... If not its probably just a bit of chatter

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    They call me Chow Chow...

Images

That's what I'm thinking it is. It doesn't rattle when cold, but only after it's warmed up. The last rattle I had was constant regardless of temps. Still nursing it around breaking in the disc though. Can't believe how smooth it runs.

Her Build thread -->

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

So, whats wrong with your chassis? Doesn't seem to be much said on the body issue that warrants a new shell.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Quote Originally Posted by UtahSleeper View Post
    So, whats wrong with your chassis? Doesn't seem to be much said on the body issue that warrants a new shell.
    This. What gives?
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Images

When I moved a few years back my father in-law helped out. We loaded Jasmine on a trailer designed for a sandrail. When she was coming off, the drivers tire slipped off the edge. There wasn't a 'lot' of damage, but some new dents in the undercarriage and a fucked up sway bar mount (the ohm symbol shaped thingy). Just something that irritates me. I thought at first the chassis was a bit tweaked after this last clutch job, turned out though it was some other problems (namely a bad passenger side motor mount that was allowing the motor to move that little bit that caused me the headaches.

I still have a nasty mark on the radiator core support from the brick shrapnel that came down. I could probably live with that. For the north/south crossmember, I may just use a hole saw and cut out openings large enough for a wrench and nut so I can replace those. I don't think that would cause any structure issues with the firewall or core support. If so I can always weld it closed again.

I still have a 'death rattle' from the bellhousing. Before (when the unsprung clutch was installed) I had what I thought was clutch chatter. It was rattling when I was idling in neutral. As soon as I depressed the clutch pedal to go, it would stop. Now, on a cold start (or if I haven't drove it for a while) it is nice & quiet. A little driving, I idle in N and I have a small rattle coming. It's nowhere as fierce or loud as the other rattle was, and the fact that it only occurs when hot leads me to think it's just the clutch still breaking in. Last night I had some spirited driving (6k shifts). When I pulled into the gas station, popped it in N, foot off the clutch and there was no noise. Chances are it's just chatter and it'll work itself out with a full break in (only about 50 miles on the clutch so far).

Her Build thread -->

Thread Information