CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: how often do you check your oil level?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every few days

19 18.27%
  • Every week

36 34.62%
  • Every month

15 14.42%
  • When the spirit moves me

20 19.23%
  • You have to check the oil??

0 0%
  • When I change the oil

6 5.77%
  • Right before/right after a long trip

8 7.69%
  • I dont have a car

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

after every race. which is way more often than any scheduled maintenance. i put around 3000 miles a year on the car and change the oil after every rally or drag session. better safe than sorry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

Quote Originally Posted by alistair
    I just check out big the stain is under the car and add oil accordingly.
    That was funny as heck.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

i hardly check it now. it doesnt drip or burn... i use to check when i first had the car but oil levels stays the same even up to 4k miles.. so i dont bother anymore. jus water level.
    -90 Celica turbo All-trac
    -03 Matrix XR

About every 3 days or so. My rear main seal is bad so I need a quart of oil every 3-4 days.

I check mine every time I fill up or wash my car. It has never needed a top up yet.
    1994 Celica GT4
    Power is nothing without control

Member smog7 is on a distinguished road smog7's Avatar

every couple of days...

dented fender, blown struts, leaks oil, she's a beaut!

wait wait wait... these cars use oil??? is that what that big blue plume of smoke is that comes out the side of my car everytime i start it? i guess that would make sense. i should go add a quart and a half to my car right now... but its cold and the oil light goes off so its good for now...

[4thgenceli] I nutswung earlier and left a deposit in the wife's cooter

I try to check it each time I fill up, doesn't always happen though. However, since my 18 Y/O Son threw a rod in his 02 GT, he will be checking the oil every couple of days! That or he will find my boot up his ass! (can you tell I'm the one that paid for the engine and did swap).

i check it when i remember its not a dd and only gets drivin when im bored or not working or working on it. it only leaks when its been driven found that out after not having a puddle in storage but leaving a nice spot of after taking it home. as for the honda. who really cares it was a grand and it survived a bushpoletreeditch thing.
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

It wasnt a poll option but, every time I fill it up. Its just another diagnostic tool like checking your guages to me. Better to see something coming than wait for it to happen.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

^ I do the same thing. Checking all fluids when I gas up.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Holy thread revival, Batman!

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

My 7a surprisingly doesnt burn or leak any oil, so I rarely check it. I only check the condition of the oil when I think its close to time for a change.

Thread Information