CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: how often do you check your oil level?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every few days

19 18.27%
  • Every week

36 34.62%
  • Every month

15 14.42%
  • When the spirit moves me

20 19.23%
  • You have to check the oil??

0 0%
  • When I change the oil

6 5.77%
  • Right before/right after a long trip

8 7.69%
  • I dont have a car

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How often do you check your oil level?

how often do you check your oil level?

i went for when the spirit moves me. only check it when i get a wild hair up my ass to see how black it is. and trust me. its fucking black

Last edited by Neutered Kittah; 10-17-2009 at 05:28 PM.

Every week, when im done washing my car

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

i never remember to check it, and i burn or leak 2 or my 5 quarts every 3k miles

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Every few days since the motor is wearing out and burning oil.

I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

majority of my vehicles ive had have had between near 150,000 to over 200,000 miles so i check every 2-3 days outta habit

i check my pops every week, and his cr isnt even broke in yet
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Generally when I get gas
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

CelicaTech Supporter rizin is on a distinguished road
    rizin has been to an annual Dragon Meet! rizin has donated to the forums!

Images

Most of the time I know how many mile to add a half quart. I drive the same all the time unless the wife and kids are with. Since I travel all the time for my job now I have certian fuel up points I add oil.

speaking of this. when i was getting fuel today, the truck said i have 4% oil life left. how ever the hell far that is.

Images

Well doesen't everyone know that? J/k So if 3000 is your normal oil change interval would be 120 miles left before a oil change.
    Last edited by Neutered Kittah; 10-18-2009 at 10:04 PM.

oops. hit edit on your post instead of quote

I go 5000+ which is about typical for what most diesel guys do. and i beleive on my old dirtymax the onboard change your shit timer would kick on at 5000 as well.

and fuck off. i suck at math.. especially percentages :thefinger

I usually go for once every 2 weeks on the celi, and the truck seein how i just got her i check it once every couple days...
    then my bros pile van is once a month if i remeber ( hes useless and doesnt do ANNNYY routine checks) and numerous times theres been no oil on the dipstick..on that note im gunna go check it haha

Everytime I fill up.

Images

God isn't a cat with no balls not supose to be so tempermental. J/J don't get mad so with 5000 take .04 times 5000=200miles.

Typically I go a month between checking the oil levels. That's timed on gut instinct and familiarity with the car.

Engine's nearly at 175k right now, burns about 1 quart for every 1,500 - 2,000 miles.

Monkey with a screwdriver kungFUBAR is on a distinguished road kungFUBAR's Avatar
    kungFUBAR has been to an annual Dragon Meet! kungFUBAR has donated to the forums!

Images

I check the oil in my truck before I drive it at all. Where's that option?

Too many sudden MAJOR leaks have made me paranoid.
    Remember kids, speed kills. So do forks.

It's a work in progress...Dragon 2011 2012?

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I don't... I change the oil once a month regardless of mileage (except that week where I changed it 3 times... stupid Dragon).

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

I'm kinda bad for not checking my oil too often, usually when I'm changing it.

But then the other day I checked the GTS and there was zero oil on the dipstick and I had to give myself a smack in the head. From now on I'll be checking every few days, not sure if its burning oil or leaking though.

My level stays the same between changes.

I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Mine uses about a quarter in 3000 miles. I try to think and check every two weeks though.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

my 33 year old 20r doesnt leak or burn any oil (not to say it didnt when i got it). its nice. does leak a lil water around the pump tho.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

My Celi is/was bullet proof and I just had faith that the oil level was fine till I changed it. It's gone 6 years with that kind of maintenance, so uhh, thank god for no leaks. =p

1991 GT // Sold as Of November 30th, 2009 =(

Wouldnt let Luni run 14.7 on the dragon renegadex is on a distinguished road renegadex's Avatar
    renegadex has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

My level also stays the same between changes, however I still check it at least once a week.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Freshnicity will become famous soon enough

I check it every morning. Mine loves to gobble it up.
    92 Toyota Celica ST(Died May 18th, 2009)
    90 Toyota Celica GT(Bertha The Beast)
    89 Toyota MR2 SC(Yet To Be Named)

I just check out big the stain is under the car and add oil accordingly.

Thread Information