CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: have you ever ran your car out of gas?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope... never even close

24 17.65%
  • Nope, but it's been close a few times

58 42.65%
  • Yes, but only once

26 19.12%
  • Yes, a few times

11 8.09%
  • Yes, I've managed to do that several times...

12 8.82%
  • Yes, but I meant to so I knew my limit

5 3.68%
  • I don't have a car

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Have you ever ran your car out of gas?

have you ever ran your car out of gas?

Member car is on a distinguished road car's Avatar

Images

This is in my bike though; I would be cruising down the road, and all the sudden the bike would die.
    RESERVE TANK!!! I love them so much.
    1990 Toyota Celica GT-S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

''Nope, but it's been close a few times''

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yep, i ran out 2 weeks ago when i was queuing up for the petrol station, was only 1 car away from the pump, lol

NA Celicas Owners/Forum

I'm not dumb enough haha. I know my cars mpg limit on a full tank.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

never have. came DAMN close tho... When i was selling my old duramax i had to take the cluster out to get it repaired. driving home from work i was debating stoping for fuel or not. decided to stop and put in a little over 26 gallons. truck has a 26 gallon tank. im surprised i even made it to the station.

would of sucked.. running a diesel out of fuel is bad news

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Neutered Kittah
    never have. came DAMN close tho... When i was selling my old duramax i had to take the cluster out to get it repaired. driving home from work i was debating stoping for fuel or not. decided to stop and put in a little over 26 gallons. truck has a 26 gallon tank. im surprised i even made it to the station.

would of sucked.. running a diesel out of fuel is bad news
    Must be hard to gauge in a GM (unless recently they fixed it) to tell how much gas you have, with their bouncing needles.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Quote Originally Posted by Cavanagh
    Must be hard to gauge in a GM (unless recently they fixed it) to tell how much gas you have, with their bouncing needles.
    nope. all 3 of my trucks have been spot on.

even my old chevy work truck is accurate

at lunis edit

I do it at least once on every car I own, so I know how far I can go if shit goes down.

Dont hurt a gas car. Dont run a diesel out tho... bad juju.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

my dic tells me how much further i can go before i run out of fuel. no need to test if its right or not

Wife ran the Yaris out of gas though. In her defense, it wasn't too long after we got it, and the digital gauge is a bit tough to figure out and isn't really worth much

I've known I was close before by taking a corner in a spirited fashion and having the engine sputter as the little bit of gas in the tank sloshed away from the pump, heheh.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

yeah ive done that in my 6th gen twice, go around a corner really hard and stubles for a sec

my last truck ran out of gas but it was the 1st time id driven it after i really got it running and got about a block and the seconary barrel opened up and used the last bit of gas
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

I've run my focus below E a couple times, but i was never more than a block from a gas station when it got to this point.

I don't trust the gauge in my celica so I fill it up when it hits half. It has a wonderful habit of going from half to warning light in a day.

Yes, 18RG Celica can burn through a full tank of gas in one day when tracking it. For the record it had dual 44mm Mikuni Sidedraft Carbs.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

You mean to tell me I'm the ONLY one who hasn't even been close?
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

I did it once, cuz my gauge doesn't work. Hauled ass as I went sputtering into a gas station, and everybody was looking at me as I'm flying to the pump on my blown shocks with car bouncing violently up and down cuz the asphalt was in horrible condition.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

every time i think im close i end up having 2-3 gallons still in the tank....nice of toyota to do that for me.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Quote Originally Posted by donteatbugs
    every time i think im close i end up having 2-3 gallons still in the tank....nice of toyota to do that for me.
    i had the exact same thing happen a few days ago

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

In the Celi, I'd find myself riding while orange lighting for a couple days, but I've never run completely out.

I've been pushing it a bit with the 4runner the past week or so though, I might fill up tomorrow.

1991 GT // Sold as Of November 30th, 2009 =(

I did it once in my Thunderbird, right up a hill from a gas station. Didn't have enough gas to get the car onto the hill though, had to get some guys from work to help me out (work was also down said hill).

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Twice in my old GMC truck. I was rolling into the gas station as it happened. I ended up coasting it to the pump as it shut off. The low fuel light would only work sometimes.

The other time I was five miles from home, it was 2:30 in the morning, and I was feeling pretty good to say the least. Pushed it all the way home. I made it home by morning with enough time to spare to take a shower and get to school.

That sucked.

Now, I never let my cars get below a 1/4 tank.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by VikingJZ
    I was rolling into the gas station as it happened.
    Did this. And also ran out at a friends house, didn't even realize I had ran out until I tried to leave and the car wouldn't idle.

Also this.

Quote Originally Posted by VikingJZ
    Now, I never let my cars get below a 1/4 tank.

I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

Citing Cosmo Kramer I knew that there was life past the E. What an exhilirating experience. In those situations I always carried spare gas in the trunk.
    Shadow's Minion Army - Storm Trooper

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

I ran my truck out of gas twice in 2 days. Still swear someone stole my gas tho, i shouldnt use a full tank with no leaks in 26 miles. My gas gauge dont work so i have a little excuse.

Now i always carry a little spare gas.

And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Thread Information