CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Site Suggestions

While I work on the BGBs, use this thread to suggest my next project.
    Suggestions will be discussed with the admin/mod team.
    • BGB: 5th Gen
    • BGB: 4th Gen
    • BGB: 6th Gen
    • BGB: 3rd Gen
    • BGB: other
    • Modifications page
    • Members Rides
    • move edit button away from quote button
    • make donation button more prominent
    • auto-resize COTM images
    Last edited by erstechen; 10-25-2009 at 04:06 AM.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Moving the edit button away from the quote button.

Making the Donation Button more prominent.

Moving my refrigerator closer to my desk.

Wait a minute... One of those you have nothing to do with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoda for President

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

*jedi move*
    Did it work?

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

The place just keeps getting better and better - even in the few months I've been lurking around here I can see that changes are being made in a positive way.

My suggestion for something to be added to the docket would be an enhanced search function.

Currently the search function just seems to return all posts with one or more of the search terms - there is no further way to refine the search, and thus it is necessary to plow through many posts to find what one needs.

It would be nice to be able to first get a "batch" of posts satisfying one broad topic and then be able to search only withing thst set of results for other terms.

As an example - I originally found this site by googling "celica clutch replacement" after buying my STX with a slipping clutch. One of my hits was the post by KoreanJoey with the step-by-step procedure. I was looking for that post last night and had a heck of a time to find it, as any post with "clutch" in it would show up and I had to load each page till I found the one I was looking for. I also tried listing all posts by KoreanJoey - but there's lots of those too!

It would have been nice to be able to find one broad set of results and then "whittle" it down with additional searches operating on that set only.

Quote Originally Posted by klapa View Post
    The place just keeps getting better and better - even in the few months I've been lurking around here I can see that changes are being made in a positive way.

My suggestion for something to be added to the docket would be an enhanced search function.

Currently the search function just seems to return all posts with one or more of the search terms - there is no further way to refine the search, and thus it is necessary to plow through many posts to find what one needs.

It would be nice to be able to first get a "batch" of posts satisfying one broad topic and then be able to search only withing thst set of results for other terms.

As an example - I originally found this site by googling "celica clutch replacement" after buying my STX with a slipping clutch. One of my hits was the post by KoreanJoey with the step-by-step procedure. I was looking for that post last night and had a heck of a time to find it, as any post with "clutch" in it would show up and I had to load each page till I found the one I was looking for. I also tried listing all posts by KoreanJoey - but there's lots of those too!

It would have been nice to be able to find one broad set of results and then "whittle" it down with additional searches operating on that set only.
    Uh... http://www.celicatech.com/forums/search.php

The write up you were looking for is here: http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...ghlight=clutch

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by KM View Post
    Well - doggone! I was using that "search" button at the top that is yellow and never even noticed the advanced one on that tool bar - just goes to show the truth in that old saying - "build 'em a new school - and what do they do? EAT THE TEACHER!".

Dumby me.

I had found that post anyway and linked it.

A map with where everyone lives!

I know, not everyone has their location formatted correct to just reference this, but can we have a location map of where everyone is at?

There are a bunch of services that provide maps and allow for custom layering to mark locations. Maybe it is something us active users can update. It'd be cool for meets, like this massive mythical lizard race you guys keep mentioning, to visualize where people are coming from.

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

We had something like that a while back...
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Make my advertiser ads work
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

WTF they aren't working again?

They havent been in internet explorer for a long time sir.

Remember when you do something, you have to test it in IE and Firefox.

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

I'll jump on it tonight. Old version of PHPMyAds had stopped working, new version doesn't install right.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I only see them on the very very bottom in FF, shouldn't they be at the top?

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Well somethings working caus ads pull to down below. And they always have. Just not above.

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    Well somethings working caus ads pull to down below. And they always have. Just not above.
    I'm pretty sure the top was set so only regular members saw ads......

everyone should see them

Gonna check the code tomorrow and see why it's not Firefox-compliant.
    I now see ads on both the top and the bottom in IE (top ad needs to be moved or centered, though).

Edit: Actually, someone else check if it works in Firefox. I have Ad-block, and it's probably blocking the /advertising/ folder like it does on every other site.

Images

I see ads on top left now.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

I see ads on the top left in IE too. Looks koo.

One last request. Can we move that ad to the top right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Luni View Post
    I see ads on the top left in IE too. Looks koo.

One last request. Can we move that ad to the top right now?
    You're lucky this isn't the admin board. I'd use so many bad words.

Images

Now the ads are showing up in two locations in FF, on the upper left still and then to the immediate right of my 'Welcome, Murgatroy' tag...

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Yeah, I'm keeping it in the navbar. Looks cleaner. But you do see it in FF? I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by KM View Post
    Yeah, I'm keeping it in the navbar. Looks cleaner. But you do see it in FF? I can't.
    Works fine on both Safari and FF on my mac.

I like where its at KM. Thank you.

The link for Red Rocket's store in the ads doesn't work for some reason.
    1990 GT-S

Current Mods:
    D2 Coilover kit, 95 5sfe w/gasket kit head to toe & water pump & oil pump& timing kit, Camry headers, custom CAI, Euro H4 conversion (Autopals), Headlight control mod, Integra wing swap, Cobra Alarm, Hood lock/starter disable, Quick release aftermarket steering wheel, Pioneer p8600-MEH, and Air horn(lol).

Thread Information