CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Get the E153 out of a V6 Camry. It has stronger cycros and I think the range is a little taller.

Or, get a Quaife from Dr. Tweak and do the one you have.

I did both and love it.
    1993 GT Coupe w/JDM Mines chipped 3SGTE & Camry V6 Quaife E153; 1990 All-Trac SCCA Racer
    2011 Tire Rack SCCA Southern States Champion SMF Class
    2011 Region 7 SCCA STX Champion
    2010 Region 7 SCCA STX Champion
    2010 Tire Rack SCCA Pro Solo T13 Season Points STX Class
    2009 Tire Rack SCCA Tri-State National Tour STX Champion
    2009 Tire Rack SCCA Pro Solo T10 Season Points STX Class

how does this one shift?? me and my little bro are looking at getting a whole fwd 4th gen 3sgte package for his mr2 turbo. the 2nd gen 3s in it has been nothing but overheating problems. so the trade off is that i will pick up and use this trans while we swap in the 4th gen into his sw20. i wonder how this transmission holds up to the power of the 3s?

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ccsouls View Post
    Get the E153 out of a V6 Camry. It has stronger cycros and I think the range is a little taller.

Or, get a Quaife from Dr. Tweak and do the one you have.

I did both and love it.
    yes, i would love the lsd but what is really buggin me is the cruising speed. i daily drive my st184 and it gets annoying hearing the engine rev at 4k all the time. if anything, i should be looking into changing out gear ratios.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

This trans is the one that came with this engine in the caldina. So i have no worries about it holding up. It shifts smooth and has been handling launches with drag radials. I recommend you get this trans possibly confirm that it is factory lsd.

what was your axle setup again?? mr2 non lsd inners or mr2 lsd inners?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images

non lsd inners

how about the clutch setup? i have the stock 3sgte flywheel, clutch disk, and pressure plate. would this setup work? only thing that gets me is that my 3s pressure plate will scratch the trans housing.

Images

im running a 3sgte clutch and fly wheel with no issues. I dont know why the factory clutch was soo small. You should be ok, this trans looks just like a camry v6 trans.

ok... which pressure plate are you using? i want to be sure before i jump into it because i just changed the clutch about 3000 miles ago.

Images

Im using a regular 3sgte clutch and fly wheel.

Images

Been a long time since i updated.

Over the winter we got alot of snow one night and my car port caved in. The poles punctured my windshield rear glass and dented the roof. I looked everywhere for rear glass no one had one. I ended up driving to new jersey and bought a white 90 gt-s and swapped the hatch off that.

I have had problems left and right lately, mostly ignition related. When i got all those sorted out i didn't drive it but a few weeks when another problem arose. I was getting alot of blow-by, my air filter was soaked in oil. I did a lot of searching to find that i must have a bad ring. I did a compression test and sure enough cylinder #4 90 psi. If it wasn't for all the blow-by i wouldn't even have known, it runs great. So when i get some funds together i will be putting my spare engine in. With a new timing belt water pump and idlers, I will update with how that turns out.

Images

New motor is in, had a few set backs but its running smooth. Its never idled so smooth the whole time i have had it swapped. Its also quieter with the cut out open too. When i swapped the fuel rail and injectors the isolators were dry rotted and cracked. So consequently when i started it for the first time it had a massive vacuum leak. The isolators can be had at Toyota part # 23291‑41010.

I think my first engine was a bit unhealthy and or was beat on. I never had compression results for that one. It had a TRD clutch in it when i pulled it apart which leads be to believe that it was modified at one point. Oh well that's why i bought too in the first place.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hey Tecker...think you can re-host the video? Trying to get an idea of how loud it is as a straight dump (guess who's planning to start their swap finally lmao).
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

I will have one for you tonight

Images

finally have a video its the only one i could find of the cutout open on my g/f's computer. Are camera was dropped a while back, so this is the best i have.

Check It Out

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I'm sorry, but every time I heard you grab 2nd gear and the tires slip, I LOL'd hard.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Images

You cant help it, EVERY time it comes into boost in second gear it blows the tires off. I have to granny threw 1st and 2nd around town so people don't give me dirty looks lol. Even with the cutout closed and the stock exhaust i have tire spin. I will see if i can get a camera and do a video clutching it in second its ridiculous lmao. Your in for a real treat when you drive yours for the first time.

Images

Me and my buddy screwing around.

http://youtu.be/WP67x3WpeRI

90 alltrac st215 swapped
    94 corolla 5sfe 5 lug swapped
    02 tacoma soon to be 2uzfe swapped
    10 KTM duke 690 pipe sprocket remap

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tecker184 View Post

Full of win.

Her Build thread -->

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Eric Barrera is on a distinguished road

Images

How much boost are you running!?? Holy crap

Originally Posted by Mafix
    2 step that bitch when he walks around back!

Images

20lbs thats starting off in second

Here's another video of me up at the car show Lake George NY tires were hot was like my 4th burnout lol

http://youtu.be/UGylKrAaTlo

90 alltrac st215 swapped

Images

Is 20lb stock?

Do you have any other supporting mods to reach 20lbs? I'm guessing it's a daily driver car for you at that boost?

Her Build thread -->

Images

Stock is like 16lbs, I daily drive it at 20lbs and I have for a year. The only mods i have done are the ones I posted here. Runs good pulls like hell, it also helps that I have a 3" downpipe that dumps onto the ground. With the cutout open its a whole different animal.

Next mod is water injection pre-turbo. I have a AEM water injection kit just waiting till after winter to install it, getting cold i dont want the water to freeze.

90 alltrac st215 swapped

Quote Originally Posted by Tecker184 View Post

hot fuckin damn! that was sick! i know what swap im doing if i ever do one

Project Ava

Sorry if I missed it, but what did you do to get that boost level? Mine's all stock RC drivetrain, maybe hits 10 pounds.
    '92 ST185 All trac
    '92 AE95 wagon x2
    '72 TE27

Images

This is a gen 4 3sgte, it has a larger turbo, improved intake manifold, and coil on plug stock. I have a st205 w2a intercooler, large heat ex-changer, pump running constant, and a 3" downpipe with a cutout. Stock boost is 16lbs so with a mbc its not hard to achieve 20lbs. When its real cold out i hit boost cut, but on days above 50 degrees pulls hard all the way to red line.

The gen 4 turbo is about the size as an evo 8 turbo give or take. My buddy has an evo 8 and he ran 20 lbs daily and 25 on high boost.

90 alltrac st215 swapped

Thread Information