CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

Default 93 GT-S Gen4 3SGTE Swap

7/12/09 The day i got the car after putting my wheels on. I drove all the way to Connecticut bought it from a fellow member (VenomHP).

Pulling the motor

motor out

The engine bay.....obviously had a terrible power steering leak haha

After i striped it and a hour of scrubbing/pressure washing

My harness fresh from Dr. Tweak

My "stage 1" Exedy clutch set

The day i got my parts car. The closest one is my parts car, next is my bothers car,third is his wife's, and forth is mine!
    Last edited by Tecker184; 09-05-2009 at 07:20 AM.

Images

the new steering rack

New Ball joints, tie rod ends and sway bar links

POR15 Great stuff

Painted
    Last edited by Tecker184; 09-18-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Awesome man! Please keep us updated!
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

memories..... haha.. nice job, looks really clean. keep us posted with updates..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Nice work. Where did you get your steering rack from? Toyota or aftermarket?
    I will be doing the same thing but with a Gen 3 with in the year hopefully
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Images

ebay 160 shipped cheapest i could find. Im putting the engine in today. I removed the abs using the non-abs lines from my parts car. Over all im happy with the way things are panning out.

Images

so im in the process of setting the motor. I split the trans to put in the new clutch and this is what i found

it says trd 1C21

This cant be stock

Images

ok so bad news bears.....I go to put on my exedy 3sgte clutch and its too big. The clutch disk goes on the input shaft, but the pressure plate does not line up. The clutch that came off car is visibly smaller. My exedy disk is bigger than the old pressure plate. My guess this is basically a beefed up s53. So conclusion i need to buy a flywheel. A little bump in the road i suppose just gives me a reason to buy the Fidanza light weight flywheel i have been eyeballing. Maybe later i will get a hair up my ass and pull the tranny off my 5sfe and see if it bolts up
    Last edited by Tecker184; 08-14-2009 at 05:11 AM.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

What transmission are you using? The one that came with the clip? Isn't that an AWD trans?

Should be a 4th gen 3S-GTE pressure plate that came on the engine with the mated flywheel on the 4th gen.

Images

My swap came with a FWD tranny. Its a E-150F identical to a S53. The old pressure plate wont even fit over my new clutch disc

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold

Images

Gotcha.. if your just using the same transmission and engine, is the clutch in bad shape? You could just use the stuff in there, for now.

Images

Well i could but i wanna do it right. Im gonna put the engine in minus the transmission and order a flywheel next week. The hood is just going to have to be put on hold thats all.

wow...you werent kidding when you said you had a lot of plans for that thing, looks good

updates????

Images

well hopefully tomorrow im picking up an alltrac hood and a speed sensor. If not im ordering a flywheel.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Won't you need a cs style hood with that swap due to the wta ic?
    Or is that ata ? I always thought Gen3 and Gen4 were wta
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

I would try for a stronger tranny like an E153; if it will work with that motor.

Keep us posted.
    1993 GT Coupe w/JDM Mines chipped 3SGTE & Camry V6 Quaife E153; 1990 All-Trac SCCA Racer
    2011 Tire Rack SCCA Southern States Champion SMF Class
    2011 Region 7 SCCA STX Champion
    2010 Region 7 SCCA STX Champion
    2010 Tire Rack SCCA Pro Solo T13 Season Points STX Class
    2009 Tire Rack SCCA Tri-State National Tour STX Champion
    2009 Tire Rack SCCA Pro Solo T10 Season Points STX Class

Images

For some reason the gen4 is A2A so i need an alltrac hood. Im using The fwd trans that came with the swap its E-150F part of the E family.
    check it out
    http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_200...WMZZ_3301.html

I don't know anything about that one, but if it came on there; and has obvioulsy been modified; it surely should handle the load.

My concerns would be getting axles for it and if it has any LSD capability.
    1993 GT Coupe w/JDM Mines chipped 3SGTE & Camry V6 Quaife E153; 1990 All-Trac SCCA Racer
    2011 Tire Rack SCCA Southern States Champion SMF Class
    2011 Region 7 SCCA STX Champion
    2010 Region 7 SCCA STX Champion
    2010 Tire Rack SCCA Pro Solo T13 Season Points STX Class
    2009 Tire Rack SCCA Tri-State National Tour STX Champion
    2009 Tire Rack SCCA Pro Solo T10 Season Points STX Class

oh.. btw tecker, the alltrac hood will not fit the caldina top mount. the top mount is a 3 inch core if im correct and is too thick to fit under the alltrac hood. but a fmic will fit fine.. haha.. another reason to upgrade..

Images

Ya, I would like to know more about that E-150F. I'd run what you got and see what you think, its modded and intended for it!

Images

Alltrac hood $150 Stock Flywheel $20 the look on my face when i get this thing together....priceless

Images

Well engine is in and running great. Only problem is the axles I have to either buy a set of alltrac outers new or get them from someone. Does anyone have a set of alltrac outers? I will post pics tomorrow.
    Last edited by Tecker184; 08-28-2009 at 05:46 AM.

Nice work so far.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

nice... i got my alltrac outer axles for 70bucks a piece from pepboys... $50 plus $70 a piece. but if you bring in core exchange, you'll get your $50 back for each axle. it doesn't matter what axles, as long as its a pair of axles. btw, cant wait to see pictures.

Thread Information