CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gave the celica a second chance

I just bought back my 94 ST from the friend I sold it to. 280k and still alive. Got some things to fix, but I plan on taking much better care of it this time. Time to start prepping for next year's Dragon run.

1994 Celica ST 282k and back in action!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

With the rate of ST cars being prepped, you may want to prep for the 2011 run >.>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

You sold it then bought it back again? That's pretty rare. Why'd you decide to give it another chance? I am at the point where I need to let my celi go, but just don't have the heart to do it.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

^I would suppose gas mileage????? lol. Looks like a nice 6g man!
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

It was my first car and I always regretted selling it. Plus it has ac and you just can't kill it.

Metdeath- I got vip09 to help. It will make the dragon next year and in 14.7 nonetheless.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

For 280k it looks good!
    Still should have kept the SW20 though
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

well hell good to know if treated properly i can queeze another 100k outta this car

am i the only person here with a 6th gen st coupe?
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

no Ryan has one i believe

Edit: his is a hatch

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

^Yup, but I would like to get a coupe and do a curren conversion....
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Well, the ST is broke down!! We were doing a compression test at my house and a piece of the compression tester got stuck in one of the spark plug holes in the head.

Put some red threadlocker on a spark plug and threaded it onto it. Should be ready to come out by morning.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Car is back on the road with some help from red loctite. Compression test was 210-200-210-212. Going to put some B&M Trick Shift in the transmission later. Hopefully that will keep the transmission going a bit longer as it grinds a little.

Car is back down. The crank gear decided it no longer wished to spin with the crank. I bought a junkyard motor and vip09 helped me take it apart to get the crank out of it. I also went ahead and got a transmission too. We took the motor out of it the other night. Pics to come soon.

Sweet. Do a build thread but you need more pics than Bugs. Just because.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Justin there, sitting in one huge fucking mess. Dirrrrty 7AFE!!

These are pictures of the timing gear failure. Look how much it wore down the crankshaft!!! Crazy.

At least my Alltrac has a buddy now!

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Images

When we pulled the transmission, it was discovered that his clutch was TOAST! However, I had an idea and dug up my old 2ZZ clutch from my 7th gen GTS. BAM, bolted right up to the 7A-FE flywheel.. clutch disc slides right onto the transmission splines. Awesome.

Wouldnt let Luni run 14.7 on the dragon renegadex is on a distinguished road renegadex's Avatar
    renegadex has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

You know... I do have a 4AGE just laying around.... Might as well just throw it in there While you have the 7A out. Or swap heads.

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Images

Nah, we don't want to pull the head off so we don't have to buy a head gasket. It's super budget build!

Wouldnt let Luni run 14.7 on the dragon renegadex is on a distinguished road renegadex's Avatar

Images

Just throw the 4A in there the way it is, who cares if it burns a little oil...

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

tim that engine was like 2 days from super explosion! justin lets boost this thing!@

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Quote Originally Posted by andy
    tim that engine was like 2 days from super explosion! justin lets boost this thing!@
    That would probably be a bad ides. The pistons, rings, and head will still have 282k on them lol.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

that poor engine needs some tlc. you should love it long time

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Images

He is loving it long time, he just ordered some parts!

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Images

Did you guys get the motor back together last night?

1985 Cressida
    1992 Cappuccino

Images

Quote Originally Posted by renegadex
    Did you guys get the motor back together last night?
    No, we called it a night early and grabbed some Whataburger.

Images

We ran into a couple road bumps last night.. it turns out that the oil pump is different on the Corolla. It has a spot for a crank angle sensor, and the timing gear has marks for the sensor, which we had to grind down to fit with the Celica oil pump.

Thread Information