CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Diagnostic Tool: 90 celica ST

Howdy, I'm trying to figure out what is wrong with my 90 Celica ST, more info found here http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41897, so I need a diagnostic tool that will give me error codes, but I am having trouble finding the right one.

I've tried searching for "diagnostic tool" and "diagnostic port" but nothing comes up.

Any thing I should definately look for?
    :ohyeah:

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

You won't find a diagnosis tool like you would use under the steering wheel of a 1996(generally)+ car. Those are for OBDII systems.

All you need is a paper clip or short length of wire. Find your Diagnostics Connector in the engine bay, driver side near the firewall. Using your paper clip or wire, connect terminals TE1 and E1. Turn the key on and the check engine light will flash it's codes(if any).

You can read the rest of this http://www.celicatech.com/imagearchi...gnosis4afe.pdf for more details. (Requires Adobe Acrobat or other PDF viewer)

In your other thread you said you couldn't find your MAP sensor.

Should be in the center of the firewall.
    Last edited by 90CelicaST; 06-16-2009 at 03:07 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

Default still can't find the map sensor...

would the diagnostic port still flash me a trouble code even if the the check engine light isn't on?

Thanks for the help with the diagnostic info!!

Still trying to figure out the problem with the hesitation and bucking though

!!
    Last edited by ssantos6981; 06-16-2009 at 04:26 AM.
    :ohyeah:

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Check your timing, mine was bucking like a bitch and fixing my timing stopped it.

If it starts again shortly after a timing belt is in order, as it has stretched and is no longer in time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

B+ and TE1 in the diagnostic port on the driver fender/firewall area needs to be bridged to display the codes.

These will appear on the instrument cluster as the engine icon flashing.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Second the timing idea, mine was too advanced and it'll do really weird things to idle quality and shit. Bridge those terminals, adjust idle to 850 and use a timing light to set timing to 10* BTDC at the crank.

Thread Information