CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Don't buy Fuel Pumps From High Flow Fuel Systems!

So far I'm out $97 bucks I paid for a Walbro fuel pump from them off ebay. Called five times (got an answering machine that says they will call right back). Left several messages and got no response. E-mailed 3 different addresses, got no response... and now I'm going to miss an autocross this weekend because they never shipped the pump which was supposed to take 2-3 days. It's been over two weeks. No response from them at all. Tracking number they gave says they requested a pickup from USPS but it was never shipped. Guess I'll contact eBay and Paypal about getting refunded.

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

My personal opinion, don't use a Walbro. That does suck though, I've had that crap happen to me on ebay before.

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

What's wrong with the Walbro fuel pump?
    -Chase

1990 4Runner SR5
    1990 Celica GT-Four

Theyre cheap and made like crap. Seen more of those fail than anything else out there.

I personally wouldnt go with anything other than OEM. Supra pump for me.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

This isn't the first time I've heard people have issues with the Walbro. The Supra pumps come highly recommended from what I've seen.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac
    This isn't the first time I've heard people have issues with the Walbro. The Supra pumps come highly recommended from what I've seen.
    But at over $300 they tend to make people shy away.

You can't beat OE quality though, I agree.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

I have had very good luck with several Walbro pumps in the past, which is one main reason I bought (or tried to buy anyway) another one. Walbro is a (if not the) major OEM supplier of fuel pumps and fuel systems to several auto manufacturers. I can virtually guarantee that all of you have driven something with a Walbro pump in it at one time or another. I used to work for their parent company, TI Automotive, and I know what they go through to pass through QC and QS9000 standards. I'm sure there are some bad pumps out there, but overall, I trust them to not make junk most of the time. www.walbro.com

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Freshnicity will become famous soon enough

same dudes sent me only the pump.

Didnt send me the butt splices and or anything else, took me a week or so and a dozen phone calls to get my proper hardware.
    92 Toyota Celica ST(Died May 18th, 2009)
    90 Toyota Celica GT(Bertha The Beast)
    89 Toyota MR2 SC(Yet To Be Named)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Makes you wonder how they are still in business.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Don't forget that most of the Walbro pumps on ebay these days are chinese knock-offs.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

That sucks.

I hate when these places have horrible communication like that.

OEM FTW
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Okay I did finally receive the pump today and it looks fine. Got the usual "it was back ordered" excuse, which I would have been completely okay with if he had ever bothered to return any of my emails or calls and tell me that before I went to the trouble of opening a Paypal dispute and posting all this nice info up here. Doesn't help that the USPS never updated their tracking info from the time it was tagged for pickup until it was delivered today. I guess Priority Mail is either 2-3days or maybe 11 days depending.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

glad to hear you got it at least.

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Quote Originally Posted by vip09
    Don't forget that most of the Walbro pumps on ebay these days are chinese knock-offs.
    exactly. search google for the website that shows the differences.
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Captain I wont let Luni drive my WRX on the Dragon Wicked Toys is on a distinguished road Wicked Toys's Avatar
    Wicked Toys has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Wicked Toys helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Had went through 3 pumps on my old GT, went OEM for the final.

Trac has a Supra Pump.

91 GT "8 Years of Enjoyment but Sold"
    86 GT (Gave to Cousin)
    91 Alltrac/GT-Four "For Sale"
    04 WRX "Stage 2 Daily Driver"

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

My Walbro has held up fine for 4 years. :shrug:
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

The recent failures (theyre all over the MR2 forums) might be attributed to cheap ebay knockoffs.

I have a buddy here in UT thats gone through 3 of em. Another buddy in Portland who just blew up his nice ass KO built 3S becuase his wal died on him. Pump was sold by KO, and installed by KO, and Id think KO wouldnt sell chinese knockoff crap.

I just know I wouldnt gamble a 1000+ dollar plus engine with a 100 dollar fuel pump. When I upgrade mine, it will be a supra pump purchased brand new from the toyota dealership, no questions asked.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Luni has dibs... kt is on a distinguished road kt's Avatar
    kt has been to an annual Dragon Meet! kt helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

(bugs)

and i bet ctech is gonna sponsor that pump as well.
    "I wish this was on my tC" ->

Shadow's Minion Army - Morale Captain & Sexy Keeper of Shadow's Sunblock...

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Luni
    The recent failures (theyre all over the MR2 forums) might be attributed to cheap ebay knockoffs.

I have a buddy here in UT thats gone through 3 of em. Another buddy in Portland who just blew up his nice ass KO built 3S becuase his wal died on him. Pump was sold by KO, and installed by KO, and Id think KO wouldnt sell chinese knockoff crap.

I just know I wouldnt gamble a 1000+ dollar plus engine with a 100 dollar fuel pump. When I upgrade mine, it will be a supra pump purchased brand new from the toyota dealership, no questions asked.

Thanks for the tip. Seems to be a recent thing. Will have to make sure to find a trusted retailer if I ever get one again for another car.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Freshnicity will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by joe's gt
    Thanks for the tip. Seems to be a recent thing. Will have to make sure to find a trusted retailer if I ever get one again for another car.

buy mine

$25
    92 Toyota Celica ST(Died May 18th, 2009)
    90 Toyota Celica GT(Bertha The Beast)
    89 Toyota MR2 SC(Yet To Be Named)

Thread Information