CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Question 2003 celica awd or rwd

i'm wanting to convert my celica to all wheel drive like a gt4 is... but i'm not sure if it would be possible... i just got the car and none of the models it comes in has awd i have the gt version... i wanted to know if i could hook up the transmission from an awd and just fab up the back to take the rear diff. but i need some help... like how much work would be involved... would i need to cut the trunk out or anything like that ot just fab up a rear suspension... and if you can... could u tell me if it would be better to just switch to rwd? or leave it as it is and tune the motor and turbo it...

In all honestly, the level of fabrication involved as well as the cost make this prohibitive.

Fensport out of the UK did it, but they had a basically unlimited budget and they themselves are master fabricators.

If you wand AWD, buy a car that is AWD straight off. Sorry man.

Welcome to the site!
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

yeah but i love the look of this car and i have done fabrications befor i built a drag car out of a supra and i re done the entire rear suspension with a live axil and a triangulated 4 link... there was a lot of fabbing going on there so thats no problim... i just love the look of this car and i want to be able to drift it....

You want to drift, then go RWD.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

it helps that fensport is out of the uk where they have unlimited access to the awd corollas that they use for the rear end drivetrain. why does everywhere else in the world get all the good cars and we get the shit nobody wants?

Quote Originally Posted by celica1990gts
    it helps that fensport is out of the uk where they have unlimited access to the awd corollas that they use for the rear end drivetrain. why does everywhere else in the world get all the good cars and we get the shit nobody wants?
    Emissions/safety restrictions.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Buy a 350z.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Quote Originally Posted by vip09
    Buy a 350z.
    +1

Celica GT check list
    [x] Buy said Celica
    [x] Make celica run to spec
    [x] Fix celica body work
    [ ] New Suspension
    [ ] Make celica body kit
    [ ] New paint job
    [ ] Fix up interior *custom
    [ ] upgrade forced induction
    [ ] Enter into HIN*, NOPI, SEMA
    [ ] Drive 2 days to Dragon

Pics will be updated when the following is complete.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

buy a 370z

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Thread Information