CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Back from the dead.

This is my 91 sx after a truck ran a red light. I love My Celica so Im taking it through the healing process.
    Last edited by Bartman; 05-23-2009 at 01:10 PM.

Time for some fiberglass and new Wheels.

Back from the paint shop.

Out with the old 5sfe in with the 3sgte.

Didn't have to cut one wire just swaped the whole harness from the front cut. Got to love right hand drive. Sorry LHD guys.

Last edited by Bartman; 05-23-2009 at 03:09 PM.

When I swaped my 3sgte in I used the gte flywheel and pressure plate with the old clutch drive plate. (2wd). Can someone tell me if this was the right way to do this?
    Or am I asking for trouble first time i give it a boot full In first?

I would have put in a new clutch disk if I was already in there. Its easier to do it the first time...

Its looking good man.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

wow, that frame was really tweaked. I assume you got that on a frame rack and got that all straightened out??

Build looks great though!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Nice job dude. Looks great. But I must tell you, I put in the 2wd disk as well from ACT and it went out in a year, and I baby my car like no other. Only lasted 15k miles before it started slipping like crazy. If I were you I would have had the company make a clutch disk for the 3sgte but with the s53/s54 splines. SPEC did this for me at no extra charge.

BTW, LOVE YOUR WHEELS. Spoke wheels look so good on a 5th gen.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Bartman
    Back from the paint shop.

You still monster truckin it or you fixed that? :sneak:

Other than that car look GREAT

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

I talked to the people from Exedy about 2wd -3sgte clutch disk all I got was blank looks. Ive been looking for a mr2 box with not much luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Grot

Ive got a steep drive at my house. Grot

Take the engine seats, windows, spare, fuel tank, & exhaust out of your car and give us a look Grot!

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Haha i dont have much room to talk. mine is completely stock and not running.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Grot! You can tell me how fat my mamma is, you tell me my sister is ugly and I won't care!
    But don't spit on my ride hight or I will slap you silly!!! :lolhittin

Thread Information