CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Drove the car yesterday.. perfection.

No timing being pulled, very peppy! My buddy with his swap was definitely impressed by the rom tune, he noted he could really feel the difference between it and the JDM ECU.

Still on the pump gas tune. Things are looking good! 15psi AFR's are still in the 10's. I think it will be time eventually to squeeze out those last few pounds of boost. 17psi should definitely be possible.

Thanks ATS for a great rom tune!!!!! This car definitely makes me pleased with how its running.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold

Images

Car is still running like a champ. Couple of changes, retarded exhaust gear to 5 degrees and 1/8th turn boost controller.

Lets see and compare, I see about a 10.3 average afr. Run was great, smooth though 2nd gear went by so fast I hit the rev limiter at 7400. First for me, its fighting for traction once again. Car is just flying.

Images

1/8th turn and exhaust cam adjustment had me go from a 9.5 afr run vs a 10.3 now.

Should be a 1/8th more turn left of boost left in the car to be safe. That should be at 11.0 by those numbers. That would be a nice safe margin. Would be interested to know the exact results of the exhaust cam retard. Basically though, I need my exhaust done!

Images

3rd gear pull. I was about 95% in at first and as soon as I was comfortable with the AFR's I planted it 100% throttle at about 3.5 seconds into the run. This was 4-7K under full load. Car is moving! AFR's were at the highest 11.57 and then 11.27 under full load in the upper RPM's. Good, and safe. The lowest was 11.02. Very happy with this tune.

Made my final boost adjustment, there was just a bit more than 1/8th turn left in it to get the numbers above. Was from 16-16.5psi on my gauges.

I also moved the exhaust cam from 4-> 5 degrees retarded. This has resulted in the feeling that over 6K the car isn't dropping off as much. I'm very satisfied with this current setup. Though, the car does sound like a bike now while at idle. The small adjustment just make it run that much more choppy, but as soon as you touch the gas it is all there. Its just the lobe at idle.

No stumbles, great operation.
    Last edited by Trance4c; 06-30-2009 at 12:42 AM.

I JUST noticed this thread.
    So what exactly was the issue again, your timing belt jumped or your distributor was set incorrectly?
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    I JUST noticed this thread.
    So what exactly was the issue again, your timing belt jumped or your distributor was set incorrectly?

Main problem was distributor rotated and retarded the engine.
    Last edited by Trance4c; 07-17-2009 at 10:59 PM.

i see.
    so now with the timing set correctly, the car still pulls well on just plan pump gas, or is there any race gas in there?

i find it odd that your a/f ratio is so rich. when i tried out your rom tune, my a/f ratio was in the mid 11s on that same ecu. i guess its because you are on a ct27 with the exhaust cam mod, and are able to hit a higher fuel cell forcing the injectors 100% open.

Any plans to put the car on a dynojet and see what it does?
    Last edited by Lagos; 07-07-2009 at 12:26 AM.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images

The car was completely not running right though when you had the ECU.

A/F's seem to be right on par though for the mods, ATS says its 17psi on pump gas, 20 maybe on race gas. So its right in that ballpark.

After the distributor issue, I've been on the pump gas ever since I tried prior to put some race gas in to no major different result. That's basically when I knew something had changed and to step back and do the basics. So far, I actually don't know what the race map does still. Though I can imagine!

I'd like to get on a dyno.. only just a few small things and I plan to. Hardest part is still someone I trust with it on there. Soon I hope, we'll see what it is making exactly.

Go to a shop that lets you do your own run. Thats really the best thing to do.
    The race gas map probably just adds a bunch more timing. You could probably run that with alcohol injection.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Have you tried playing with the intake cam at all?
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Images

Nope, intake cam is 1 degree off (retarded) ATDC from my stock cam lobe. It is on a stock cam gear, I didn't see the need for the intake cam to be adjustable on this setup. Its a known fact that even the GenIII intake cam is retarded 2.5 degrees from the stock GenII intake cam. So this was more than acceptable. I did this on purpose. Sometimes I believe simpler is better.

The main reason for the intake cam is the longer duration, so the engine doesn't have to fight to breath in as much. That was my objective. Tuning the top end of the power curve is done with the exhaust cam.

Hi there, I was just wondering if your GT28RS kit comes with 550's? Also since I'm running a GT4RCwith a slightly different ECU and AFM, will there be issues with a ROM tune? Thanks.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 91GT4RCboy
    Hi there, I was just wondering if your GT28RS kit comes with 550's? Also since I'm running a GT4RCwith a slightly different ECU and AFM, will there be issues with a ROM tune? Thanks.

I would check the ATS website - http://atsracing.net/

Or start another thread exactly to ask, though don't hold your breath as they are on the MR2OC quite a bit more. Best bet is to check the site and try to call Aaron.

Then start another thread to document and talk about your work

thanks for the heads up man, I'm new to this site, but not to to alltracs or the alltrac net scene, it'll just take me awhile to find out how this board works. thanks again for the heads up.

Thread Information