CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Default Aaron's 1976 RA29 GT

After several months of deliberation as to sell my 1992 Lexus SC300, I came to the conclusion that the SC would need more work than I was willing to put into it.

So, I started hunting. I spent months deciding what to buy. Another Volvo? Some sort of Celica? I didn't know.

Then, I found a first gen Celica. I had been wanting another since I had to part out my 72 due to rust and an electrical fire. The guy that had it told me up and down everything that was wrong with it (which isn't much).

On the day I was originally supposed to go get it, he said it wasn't getting power. So, as a recommendation from Andy, we figured out it was the fusible link.

Then, the car wouldn't start. The guy put a new starter in it, and it ran.

I picked it up tonight; May 14, 2009. When I met the guy, I checked the car over pretty well. The underside of the car has no rust to speak of. And, overall, the car only has a few spots of easy to fix surface rust.

It isn't a Lexus by any means, but its fun to drive and suits my tastes.

So far, the car needs:

---Minor rust work
    ---Carb tuning
    ---Headliner reinstalled
    ---Valve cover gasket
    ---Dash pad
    ---A few minor things

It rides smoothly, shifts great, and is overall a nice car.

I will have pictures this weekend.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

:worthless

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

told you it would work out

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Aaron... keep an eye out for a 1g shell for me, would you? Would prefer a notch.

PICS!!!

I'M KILLING IT k.beaty is on a distinguished road
    k.beaty has donated to the forums! k.beaty helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Pics Nao!!!!
    Kyle

1990 GT-S - Diamond wheel OG

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

It is in great shape. condition > 9000

Quote Originally Posted by Grot
    :worthless

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Im sittinf in the dmv trying to get a tag for mine!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ciento44
    Aaron... keep an eye out for a 1g shell for me, would you? Would prefer a notch.

PICS!!!

You must be joking.....

Do you realize how rare a first gen is east of the Rockies? Especially in the Mighty Midwest!

But check out these classic Toyotas:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/1172916571.html

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/1162630606.html

I'm uploading pics nao
    Last edited by VikingJZ; 05-31-2009 at 06:39 AM.
    --Aaron

Images

After wash and wax:

Last edited by VikingJZ; 05-16-2009 at 03:35 PM.
    --Aaron

Needs moar slamage.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Images

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/16-8-XXR-513-rims-wheels-Gun-Metal-Scion-Xb-Miata-E30_W0QQitemZ290316021549QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item43982eef2d&_ trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A12|3 9%3A1|240%3A1318

Those are the rims I want.

I think they'd look sick.

I have to figure out if they'll fit.

I don't want 15's. Its only an inch bigger than stock.
    --Aaron

Thats a pretty good find!

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

Images

Anyone got any ideas if a 0 offset will fit the car?

What tire size will fit the car well enough?
    --Aaron

should

3rd gen gts/supra wheels are 8 offset to give u an idea and my sportmaxx wheels on my gts are 0 offset
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

Images

Think I'll have to roll the fenders?
    --Aaron

Seems like you lucked out on this car Aaron. Take care of her.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Images

oh you have no idea Mario.

I'm absolutely in love with the damn thing.

I mean, like I've said before, it isn't all bling bling like the SC was, but its worth it.

I had it parked out in front of the store today, and there were kids taking pictures of it on their phones.

Some older people were peeking in the windows too.

Makes me feel good.

I think the 0 offsets are going to fit.

I mean, what I've gathered is that with a +15 you need like a 5mm spacer and longer studs.

Then, there are guys running -8 offsets and you have to roll the fenders.

Addtionally, there are guys running pulled and rolled fenders with -20 offsets.

I think the rim itself will fit fine, I just can't decide on 15's or 16's.

15's are only an inch larger than stock.

hmm...idk.
    --Aaron

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Slider will become famous soon enough Slider will become famous soon enough Slider's Avatar

Images

Hot, looks good man

'90 Celica GT
    '95 Miata

Images

Thanks bro!

I'm just waiting on someone with a first gen to confirm my wheel specs so I don't order something and go "Oh shit..."
    --Aaron

Sweet, that is teh secks right there!
    On the wheels: You will definitely have more tire choices with a 15. I like the look of the third gen wheels on the 1st gens though. As far as changing to longer studs and using spacers. The studs were a pain in teh azz on the 3rd gen front. don't know on the first gens but the 3rd gen involved removing the whole hub.
    Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS! Classic Celica FTW!!!!

Dragon Slayer!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cbarett251
    Sweet, that is teh secks right there!
    On the wheels: You will definitely have more tire choices with a 15. I like the look of the third gen wheels on the 1st gens though. As far as changing to longer studs and using spacers. The studs were a pain in teh azz on the 3rd gen front. don't know on the first gens but the 3rd gen involved removing the whole hub.
    Anyways, CONGRATULATIONS! Classic Celica FTW!!!!
    I hear that.

I found the rims I want though, and that's the 16x8.

Such as the way this car looks here, but I think they're 16X7 judging by the tire size

I think the 8's will fit though
    --Aaron

Images

I have confirmed that a 0 offset will fit the car flush.

The only issue is tire size now.

There's a guy running 205/55/16 on a 16" wheel but I do not know the offset or rim width.

How much of an issue do you all think this is going to present?

I'm trying to go unique with this and not just get third gen GTS rims like most first gen owners.
    --Aaron

Images

UPDATE:

So, I have waxed the car, then used a clay bar, and then waxed immediately after.

But, the hood, roof, and hatch wouldn't come completely clean.

I found this stuff by Meguiar's (name not remembered). Its basically like a color back. I did a few sections and they all came back the same.

It looks HOT

Anyway, here are a few updated shots after the clay bar (not color backed yet).

I am using the rims from Tuner4Life's 85 GTS vert.

I know a few of the pics are similar, but I was messing around with the settings on my mom's camera to see what I liked better.

Enjoy!
    --Aaron

Looking good sir!
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Thread Information