CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eli's 86 GTS

Default Eli's 86 GTS

I saw this car sitting in a local yard and took pitty on it. I picked it up for $300.00 and it starts/runs. The driver's door is stuck and the pictures do well to convey the shape this thing is in.

The engine burns a bit of oil but at least there is only 110k miles on the ticker.

Wish me luck, this is going to take a while.

I'm going to take it slow.

If anything at all works out with it, I will probably attempt to rebuild the engine at some point, seeing as there isn't too much to mess up at this point...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

nice find, thats a steal for running.

i sell you a parts car for double what you paid for original! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Dude.... do NOTHING to it. Drive it as it. Strip the paint off of it let it develop a nice patina.

Swap a nasty motor into it. PROFIT!

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I no longer have the worst looking forth gen!

You're a good man, when you have any questions you know where to ask.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

The bottem line was I really needed a car to develope those skills that I just don't have right now. I would prefer to mess this girl up then my 90 GT that was my first car and that I could never forgive myself for killing if I messed up a paint job or rebuild.

Since there are virtually no options for upping the power on these Gen 1 3SGE's have have to decide whether to 5SGE, 3SGtE or 5SGTE it.

All the options sound good, I would love the experiance from either slapping the ct26 I have laying around on it, but building a working 5SGE before I go for it on my 5th gen is tempting as well.

I could always turbo the vert, but i'm a little leary of modding it, it would be so damn reliable with a bone stock 3SFE...

I think i'm going to try to paint it flat black or gloss black, and I'm going to go for a two seater with maybe a push button ignition.

Of course I love opinions...

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

being a fellow 4th genner, i would like to see a 5sge. i thought about this for a while, but wont have time or money to do another swap.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

good luck it looks like you got your work cut out for you

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I vote 3rd gen 3S-GE. Joey's was teh sex, I'd love to see one in a fourth gen GT-S.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Thread Information