CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD
    nice! so what made you decide to go with the F20C?
    thanks for the love man......

1. reliability of a NEWER honda engine (dont get me wrong here, toyota engines are the best engines too) just something different out of the ordinary.

2. parts availibility (alternator, water pump, o2 sensor, engine parts...etc)

3. 9000K REDLINE

4. NEWER ENGINE...........

5. daily driving capabilities........ no trailer queen here!!!

6. my second choice of engine would have been a JDM 2jzgte....... :lolhittin
    Last edited by exodus; 05-13-2009 at 02:25 AM.

the 2j would be better but more expensive good work

Quote Originally Posted by celica1990gts
    the 2j would be better but more expensive good work
    2jz would actually be CHEAPER!!!

F20C engine, tranny, engine harness = $3500 + AEM EMS $1300 = $ 4800....

complete 2jzgte swap (cmplete engine, harness, ecu,etc) without tranny = $2500 + $800 for tranny, bell housing and misc things to get it running $3200.......

about $1600 cheaper................. and it will feel like driving a tank!!!!

oh and forgot to add anther reason i went with the f20c... was that i wanted it to have daily driver capabilities........ no trailer queen here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exodus
    2jz would actually be CHEAPER!!!

F20C engine, tranny, engine harness = $3500 + AEM EMS $1300 = $ 4800....

complete 2jzgte swap (cmplete engine, harness, ecu,etc) without tranny = $2500 + $800 for tranny, bell housing and misc things to get it running $3200.......

about $1600 cheaper................. and it will feel like driving a tank!!!!

oh and forgot to add anther reason i went with the f20c... was that i wanted it to have daily driver capabilities........ no trailer queen here!!!
    is that $800 for an automatic or 6sp manual cause everywhere i've found a 6sp for no less than 5k. if you can find a 6sp for $800 then let me know cause my roommate wants a 6sp for his is300.

is that $800 for an automatic or 6sp manual cause everywhere i've found a 6sp for no less than 5k. if you can find a 6sp for $800 then let me know cause my roommate wants a 6sp for his is300.

$800 = jdm 1jz bellhousing with w58/r134 tranny (88-91 supra turbo tranny)

yea getrag 6 speeds are $5000 = will require MASSIVE modification to tranny tunnel to fit that sucka in a old celica.......

ok well keep up the good work

ok well keep up the good work
    yea thanks i will.....

UPDATE: installed camaro rear KYB agx shocks, put rear end up, re intstall brake cables, brake lines

and big thanks to andy, i finally ordered my afco racing radiator on thursday..... so i should be getting it in a week or so... so yea.... can't wait................

just curious why a honda engine n your toyota? The 1jz, or the 2jz wouldn't fit?

Quote Originally Posted by importrcr13
    just curious why a honda engine n your toyota? The 1jz, or the 2jz wouldn't fit?
    1. reliability of a NEWER honda engine (dont get me wrong here, toyota engines are the best engines too) just something different out of the ordinary.

3. 9000K REDLINE

5. daily driving capabilities........ BALANCE....no trailer queen here!!!
    - 2JZ would be too front end heavy.....

I understand parts availability but you should have gone with the 22RE! IMHO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Dragon Slayer!

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

s2k drivetrain is sick! dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by exodus

3. 9000K REDLINE

5. daily driving capabilities........ BALANCE....no trailer queen here!!!
    - 2JZ would be too front end heavy.....

Rofl... sorry one of those read the first, read the last, and reply responses... thanks for not flaming :-P

Celica GT check list
    [x] Buy said Celica
    [x] Make celica run to spec
    [x] Fix celica body work
    [ ] New Suspension
    [ ] Make celica body kit
    [ ] New paint job
    [ ] Fix up interior *custom
    [ ] upgrade forced induction
    [ ] Enter into HIN*, NOPI, SEMA
    [ ] Drive 2 days to Dragon

Pics will be updated when the following is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by tuner4life
    s2k drivetrain is sick! dont let anyone else tell you otherwise.
    THANK YOU!! it is a sick drivetrain.......

here are some pictures of the radiator sitting in the engine bay..........

OMG sick.... what a sight! Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by balang_479
    OMG sick.... what a sight! Beautiful!
    well...... thank you.....

my new wheels teaser..........

a couple of qtr shots......

Thread Information