CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4a-ge

Default 4a-ge

Just wondering if the 4AGE engines from a 90-95 Corolla has been fitted into a 4thGen or if anyone's done research on this. I think it'd be a cool little swap if many havent done it. Also has anyone ever seen these engines make any power? Thanks in advance.
    -Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The only reason to do it is if you had a 4th gen st. Also, Im not sure what corolla trims here in the states had the 4age. I'm pretty sure most had the 4afe and then the 7afe. Would be cool to put a silvertop in a 4th gen though.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Hasn't been done that I've seen, but would be a simple swap if you already have an A series engine. Get a 20v from Japan though, or a 4AGZE.

-Doc
    -Dr Tweak, Toyota engine swap wiring expert extraordinaire

Junior Member Youds is on a distinguished road

there was an 86 corolla gt-s with a 4age done up to over 300hp in dsport magazine...i almost bought it heh

Quote Originally Posted by Big_PimpN
    The only reason to do it is if you had a 4th gen st. Also, Im not sure what corolla trims here in the states had the 4age. I'm pretty sure most had the 4afe and then the 7afe. Would be cool to put a silvertop in a 4th gen though.
    The 4th gen ST had a 3sfe, or a 2se('86 only). the 4th gen is NOT a mini 5th gen, thank you.

The GT-R (overseas) actually came with a 4age. You would have to change your motor mounts to fit an A-block in your S-block equipped car.

They are high-reving engines, but I'm not so sure they're preferable over the 3sge. If you REALLY want an N/A swap, I would personally go with a BEAMS 3sge. The wiring and ECU will need to come along with it, but it's the same story with a 3sgte, so I don't see an issue with it.

- because we can.

- my site

- my blog

- Texas Coffee Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by blck87gtconv
    The 4th gen ST had a 3sfe, or a 2se('86 only). the 4th gen is NOT a mini 5th gen, thank you.
    Easy there killah. Sorry I was not thinking clearly and I honestly thought it came with a 4afe or something. Now that you say that, I fully understand. They had carbed 4afe's back then anyway.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Thread Information