CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Cool My 3sgte Swap Questions

I am strating my project of putting a 2nd gen 3sgte into my USDM 1988 GT. I have a few questions about good reliable shops. I have two picked out for an MR2/ Celica 2nd gen JDM 3sgte; Japan Direct located in Raleigh, NC and Rims and Things from Greenville, SC. Has anybody heard of or had and experience with these suppliers? I am also havin trouble finding wiring diagrams, and dimension of both vehicles (i.e my 88 and the donor mr2 or celica). Can ya help me? I live on Fort Bragg, NC. Fayetville area. Happy motoring James

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

First off.. welcome aboard

2nd.. I'm personally haven't heard of these shops.. I researched for about 2mths lookin for a dealer, and I never came across those 2(then again, I'm in Arizona). What wiring diagrams are you lookin for? Have you checked the BGB here?

From what I've heard/read/seen, try to get the Celica clip. There was something about the MR2 clip that was funky w/ the swap, but I can't quite recall what it was.

Have fun

-Tim
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sleeker luvva. carlosfandango is on a distinguished road carlosfandango's Avatar
    carlosfandango has donated to the forums!

luvinmycel put a 2nd rev 3sgte in a gen 4 vert.

and yeah - try and get the full GT4 clip as you need all the sensors, loom, ecu, etc etc...

Previous Celica's - 90 185 JDM GT4 - 89 165 UK GT4 - 87 162 UK GT Convertible (nitrous 3SGE)

Now playing with;
    K6 Suzuki GSX1300R K6 Hayabusa. 9 sec qtr.
    RR-V Honda CBR900RR Fireblade.
    06 Mitsibushi L200 Animal. 410nm TQ @ 2,200rpm.

Thread Information