CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: k.beaty's POS

I'M KILLING IT k.beaty is on a distinguished road
    k.beaty has donated to the forums! k.beaty helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Default k.beaty's POS

Hey guys, I am super bored right now so I figured I'd post up a little build thread for my car. The car is still in storage from the winter, since we get tons of snow and salt that kills cars Oh well, it should be comming home within the next couple of weeks. I have quite the pile of parts kicking around my basement to be installed when it comes home. I am going to be putting on:

Megan Racing Coilovers
    Suspension Techniques Rear Anti-Sway Bar
    Twos'R'Us front and rear endlinks
    Polyurethane front and rear sway bar to chassis bushings
    Ebay Neon Front Strut Brace
    C-One Rear Strut Brace
    Red Sparco Sprint Jr. Driver's seat
    S54 Transmission
    Exedy Stage 1 Clutch kit
    15x8 et 0 Diamond Racing Wheels

:fsjump:

I am still undecided on tires but I am leaning towards some Falken Azenis becuase I can get them for $430 brand new.

I will post pics once I start getting some stuff installed, but for now here are a couple teaser pics of the car sitting in storage. :lolgay:

Last edited by k.beaty; 04-21-2009 at 05:21 PM.
    Kyle

1990 GT-S - Diamond wheel OG

k.beaty has donated to the forums! k.beaty helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

The other day my friend and I went up to my mom's house, where the car is being stored and since it was a nice day, I decided to roll it outside. It fired up first try after sitting for a few months

My friend wanted to take a few pics of our cars together. Heres my car in all its glory, stock form, covered in dust and lovin the sun!

(Sorry for cell phone pics)

Kyle

Nice, looking forward to seeing the install.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

s54 ftw!!! Dude, be sure to post back on how those megan racing coilovers work out. I am planning on getting some this summer.

If you want to spice up the interior, you can take the radio, shift, and cluster bezels and paint them a silver or a color of your choice. It really makes the dash pop and can be done in a weekend.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Quote Originally Posted by joe's gt
    s54 ftw!!! Dude, be sure to post back on how those megan racing coilovers work out. I am planning on getting some this summer.

If you want to spice up the interior, you can take the radio, shift, and cluster bezels and paint them a silver or a color of your choice. It really makes the dash pop and can be done in a weekend.

I'll let you know how the coilovers are. I think I'll pass on painting my interior pieces. Its all gutted so I'll just leave the bezels and stuff stock. Thanks for the imput though!!
    Kyle

Ahaha, those pictures actually turned out pretty good.

I can't wait until she is back home and the installs begin.

UPDATEZ!!!

I finally brought my car home from storage today. I got my seat bracket welded up and my seat mounted today.

My initial thoughts of the seat are that I love it. It fits me perfectly and I personally love the look! Before anyone asks the passenger seat is staying stock unless someone would like to donate one to me

I also started my suspension install today, I got the Megan Racing front coilovers in and at the perfect height. I also installed Twos'r'us front endlinks, and SuperPro front sway bar polyurthane bushings.
    Tomorrow I have to finish up the rears and get the height set up how I like it. Also, I'll be putting in the Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar, Twos'r'us rear end links and C-ONE rear strut tower brace.

I will post more pics once I have the suspension setup all installed but for now heres a little teaser.

Kyle

Ah dope, can't wait

MOAR PICS NAO!

Quick question..

Were you able to mount the brake lines to the strut assembly without any problems?

I read in one of the threads on here that some people had to find a way to mount them with zip ties or something.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

joo has to wait until tomorrow for moar pics.

The brake line mounted up fine for me, I just had to pry open the little spot that it slips into a little bit. other than that, mounted up fine for me.
    Kyle

Sweet! I am thinking I will more than likely have a set of coilovers this summer at some point. I am hoping soon, but that all depends on how many hours i get at work each week.

Your car is coming along great man! looking forward to more pics..
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan
    Sweet! I am thinking I will more than likely have a set of coilovers this summer at some point. I am hoping soon, but that all depends on how many hours i get at work each week.

Your car is coming along great man! looking forward to more pics..

yeah man, for about the same price as koni yellows/ground controls/mounts and everything, coilovers seemed to be a lot better to me. I'll be able to tell for sure once I get them all installed and test drive it.

Thanks for the comments man, I'll be sure to post pics of my progress, My wheels should be here on friday and I have some Falken Azenis in my basement waiting to get mounted up. 15x8 +0 :ohyeah:
    Kyle

Your proect is full of win. Just for the record, I expect a full review of them...
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

MOAR PICS NAO!

Quick question..

Were you able to mount the brake lines to the strut assembly without any problems?

I read in one of the threads on here that some people had to find a way to mount them with zip ties or something.
    i also read that, i think the guy who did it installed the right rear coilover on the left side and the left rear coilover on the right side.

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

?? I guess if it works...

MOAR PICS NAO!

Quick question..

The fronts mount fine.... might need to bend them a little bit.

The rears? No go. Zip ties. The brackets are too thick and the wrong shape to use the stock clips.

sweet! what wheels are you getting ? i saw you wrote 0 offset.
    -16x7 Wedsport Rs-5 Rims
    -Sprint 1.5 lowering Springs
    -Iceman Cai

I'm getting some Diamond Racing wheels. They should be here sometime next week.

I should have pics of ride height and all that good stuff tomorrow and more pics when I get the wheels on!
    Kyle

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I <3 your steering wheel...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey
    I <3 your steering wheel...
    Thanks Joey. I picked it up of my friend for $160. Its pretty much brand new!!!
    Kyle

Cant wait to see more!

Quote Originally Posted by balang_479
    Cant wait to see more!
    Heres some more for you!

Today I got my rear strut tower bar installed, and finally have a ride height that I like. I also cleaned the engine bay a little bit. (It's still nothing special).

Here's a few pics of the ride height

GUTTED!

Rear Strut Bar

Random Engine Bay Shot.

As I was writing this I was interupted by the Delivery man. He dropped off my wheels!!!
    I will probably get the tires installed and balanced tomorrow and depending on how much work my fenders take to get them to fit, I might have pics up tomorrow!!!
    Kyle

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Nice, looks great low!!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light celica91gts is a glorious beacon of light
    celica91gts has donated to the forums!

Images

cant wait to see the wheels on!

--------Shadow's Minion army - member #4---------

Quote Originally Posted by k.beaty
    UPDATEZ!!!

I finally brought my car home from storage today. I got my seat bracket welded up and my seat mounted today.

My initial thoughts of the seat are that I love it. It fits me perfectly and I personally love the look! Before anyone asks the passenger seat is staying stock unless someone would like to donate one to me

I also started my suspension install today, I got the Megan Racing front coilovers in and at the perfect height. I also installed Twos'r'us front endlinks, and SuperPro front sway bar polyurthane bushings.
    Tomorrow I have to finish up the rears and get the height set up how I like it. Also, I'll be putting in the Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar, Twos'r'us rear end links and C-ONE rear strut tower brace.

I will post more pics once I have the suspension setup all installed but for now heres a little teaser.

That is a LOT of camber.

Thread Information