CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Sleeker luvva. carlosfandango is on a distinguished road carlosfandango's Avatar
    carlosfandango has donated to the forums!

Default Meguires Show Car Glaze.

http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/images/sp..._Showglaze.gif

I like this product, gives a good glaze, i'm going to give it several applications before i use a regular wax to build up a lustre.

heres pics

Last edited by carlosfandango; 03-20-2005 at 02:11 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous Celica's - 90 185 JDM GT4 - 89 165 UK GT4 - 87 162 UK GT Convertible (nitrous 3SGE)

Now playing with;
    K6 Suzuki GSX1300R K6 Hayabusa. 9 sec qtr.
    RR-V Honda CBR900RR Fireblade.
    06 Mitsibushi L200 Animal. 410nm TQ @ 2,200rpm.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Looks pretty good. I went to the Meguiars USA site and used the "prescription" feature to figure out what I need to do-- it told me to use Gold Class car wash, scratch x, deep crystal polish, and gold class wax. Sounds good so I'm going to go buy the stuff tomorrow and work on this paint some. I have very light swirlmarks/scratches on my passenger side and I think that'll help. If not, I'm going to use this show car glaze and see if it works any wonders.

Jigglypuff

NXT Car Wash might be better. I opted to go with the NXT wash instead of the Gold Class wash since people on the Autopia forums said that the NXT stuff actually helped to reduce water spots (since it's supposed to have water softeners in its formula).

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Yeah I've got on NXT Wash already that I've been using and it's awesome, I've just never tried the Gold Class stuff. I always used deep crystal before. I'll probably just save a few $ and use what I've already got.

I am VERY impressed with the NXT tech wax, I need to try the wash however.

Meguiar's Show Car Glaze is also a good product, though not one of my top choices.

I detailed the car yesterday. Took some pics 5 minutes ago, and only 3 of them actually worked on the puter, ugh! Here's the result from the NXT wax after a wash. Mind you this is 21 year old paint.

Last edited by MoralWarfare; 03-20-2005 at 08:28 PM.
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

Nice shine! Nice rocco too, I almost bought one for $500 last year but it needed a loooot of work and had some rust.

Sleeker luvva. carlosfandango is on a distinguished road carlosfandango's Avatar

the glaze doesnt act as a wax, its a polish, so it wont keep the paint clean, but when it builds up and is waxed over, it should be a very shiny finish.

considering you can paint over it - it must be durable. I havent got swirl marks but just want a protective glaze over the paint to start a good layer of waxes for the summer. I had to remove all other waxes with hot water and a strong ratio of general detergent to remove the wax first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous Celica's - 90 185 JDM GT4 - 89 165 UK GT4 - 87 162 UK GT Convertible (nitrous 3SGE)

Now playing with;

sounds like a cool product. So you have to strip all the other wax off first, makes sense. I may take this route when I do a proper detailing next week.

thanks for the comment Mike. This car gives me nothing but smiles... and some busted knuckles...

Akimbo

Your Scirocco is fantastic!! Wow! Lucky guy.

it's being a bitch and not telling me why it's still not idling smoothly all the time, and I think the right front wheel bearing is bad. Other than that, she's a fantastic girl The list of modifications ain't bad btw.

When I was thinking about buying one, I was researching engine swaps for it. I can't remember what exactly was documented, but isn't there an Audi 2.0L turbo motor that bolts right in?

you can either use an Audi 3A block or VW ABA block on the 8v, or you can swap in a 9A block for the 16v. I will be doing the ABA or 3A swap this summer. Ugh, if I had the money there is a fully rebuilt block with all the goodies to make it work on my car for 600 dollars.

The ABA and 3A swaps give you around 20hp over stock, and can cost as little as 300 dollars to do You can get a very good block for 150 dollars
    Last edited by MoralWarfare; 03-21-2005 at 03:43 PM.

uk's fastest old skool scirroco currently in the UK is a 87 mk2 with the 1.8 block, 2 litre head, quad tb's - runs low 11's. it aint pretty, just a old car bought cheap with the head swapped, runs slicks on the back and is stripped out.

Now playing with;

Very awesome. Make sure you post the project in naturally aspirated when you do it, with pics. This is very interesting to me. My gf's dad owns two Porsche 914's- one is a 73 factory widebody with the engine actually built in the Porsche factory. The other is a 74 with a VW engine. They're both 2.0L I believe, flat 4's. The VW motor is actually quicker and has a more aggressive cam in it. He's contemplating buying a 2.4L 911 flat 6 ad making his white one a 914-6, or doing the Chevy 350 swap (which should make his 0-60 in the area of 3 seconds

he should try the 350 swap hehehehe. I will document my project for you, no worries I'm learning a lot about VW systems currently, it's some interesting stuff .

and carlos, that rocco sounds frickin sweet. I may wind up with ITBs on this one, but I've already got plans for an auto-x car so I doubt I'll have the money to spend on the rocco.

Thread Information