CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Joe's Other Beater

heres the basics, sold my old truck, family wanted me to obtain another truck with a auto, got this gem for 800 dollars, month later some bolts on the timing cover backed out and a lil starvation gave me a slight rod knock.

so the plan is to put a used mid milage engine i got in and fix other stuff while its sitting.

the other stuff includes to fix or replace the following on this list

2 rear wheels have a slight lip bend(enough that im loosing air over the course of a week)
    kickdown cable
    carpet
    mirrors
    corner lights and bumper lights
    bumper
    swap guage clusters
    redo stereo
    interior redo (in progress)

the truck came with

the truck is already lowered 3inches all around
    18x 7.5 centerlines
    redicoulsly loud flowmaster exaust, i plan to eventaully make it quieter
    power steering and frost bite a/c

i work on the truck when theres not much to do with the celica or corolla.
    Last edited by Colossus20v; 06-15-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: requested title change
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

i should have a engine i paid to much for here shortly and i may pick up a webber 34/34 i see on craigslist

alright on 6/6/09 heres where im at

sent money to P.O. for duplicate title, due to the previous title got misplaced by my folks before i got to switch it over.

i have the donor engine that is currently fuel injected but im going to convert it to carb, and replace nessasary seals and gaskets.

worked a lil on the interior.

1st i had no carpet and bare metal floor so, 30 dollars later i had house floor insulation and 30 or so feet of indoor/outdoor gray carpet. heres how it looks as of now with my spare 3rd gen seats.

bare floor

house floor insulation, also used this as a template to cut the carpet.

carpet

carpet and gt-s seat

infinity refs

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Lookin good!

Is that just regular household carpet?

I may look into that for the Celica.
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

yes, low pile gray indoor/outdoor carpet so its made to withstand extream temps and moisture

plus with all that carpet and insulation should make a quiet cab

got a call from the P.O. today i should have a title at my door by this week

as far as the interor goes i was debating putting 6x9s in the doors for midbass purposes like i did on my last truck. because i picked up some never used explode 3 or 4 ways that i may use for that. also i think im going to mount a 8 inch, self powered bazoka tube between the seats and mabye do a custom armrest around it. ive figured out several simple ways to do it. Tthe simplest was to have the tube between the seats upside down so that the flat part is pointed up, then just find a padded armrest from a car or truck and mount it via hinges.
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 08-23-2010 at 06:09 AM.

Speakers look good in there. How do they sound?
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

sounded good for the short time i was testing them, i was given a alpline 4 ch amp i may atach to the audio or the old kenwood 4 ch i have

im workin on getting parts back from my previous truck all for 100 bucks, that list is....
    weber 2bbl carb
    pannisonic hu with cd/mp3 and aux outs
    heavy duty floor mats
    clear bumper lights.

id have to give the guy 100 dollars plus swap out my stuff which is a fair trade.

interior is 75% done, just got to bolt the seats in , put in the sr5 cluster, get a amp kit (i want to have the wire ran under the carpet so i dont have to pull it back up.) get some 6x9 spacers and install the amp and im done with the inside.

prob tint the windows myself

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

can i have that steering wheel? it would look great in my 1st gen.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

for 200 dollars yes

i love that wheel

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

awwwwwwwww come on now! its only 150 new!

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

but then id havta buy a new wheel

the one on my 6th gen is 100 new from discount/advance

do what i did, go on ebay. one on my 6th gen was only 25 shipped

Looking really good man! Keep it up!
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

YES!, my title came today WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt know virginia was a commonwelth

alright now on to finishing said truck so i can have a back up vehicle.

getting engine hopefully tomarrow and putting it on a stand before work

won a amp kit off ebay for 27 bucks but i think i may put it in the celica, i may just get a walmart kit due to im just going to be powering a 250ish rms amp to drive my bass tube and 6x9s

got the engine today, im glad i won that timing chain kit off ebay cause one of the guides is busted, luckily the chain didnt eat though the cover, so the only extra parts i need are a headgasket and bolts

ill take a pic with the engine on the stand later in the week

i love how cheap these old toyotas are to build

clicky

now my list of parts i need is dwindling and is near 10 or less and its all mostly small stuff

kickdown cable
    crank seal
    rear main seal
    clear turn signals
    rtv
    ppx intake gasket
    stage 2 270/430 cam AND ITS SO CHEAP
    and get the 2 rear wheels fixed
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 07-31-2009 at 01:07 AM.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Ya, that is cheap! I wish.

and people wonder why i love r series

well more death occured today

2 dirt dobber nests were distroyed as the fell off the bottom of the truck and i smashed em

my everstart maxx battery crapped out and wont hold a charge, but its still withing the free warrenty replacement period so tomarrow im going to exchange it.

rod knock motor died due to running outta gas, all i was trying to do was turn it around so i could work on the pavement finishing the interior which should only take me a hour at the most.

oh well glad i only gotta do a 7 hour work day later

pulling head from doner engine in the next 72 hours, almost done with the interior , going to get a quote in the next week or 2 to get the 2 rear wheels fixed.

gonna get the head checked and the vavle stem seals replaced.

going to move the wiring for my horn so i can just press the button like normal.

the interior i just gotta bolt the seats in and go get a gray door panel, also i need to get some wire to run door speakers.

also going to try and get a kickdown cable from a v6 truck to work, if not im going to a bike shop and have them fab me a new cable.

hopefully i can have it road worthy by sibiling rivalry

i found a complete engine for 50 bucks with either a BHG or chain guides broke, i have 3 spare heads and a broken timing chain guide engine kit with all new seals and gaskets

the other motor i bought looks like the rings are worn and so is the cylinder bore.

i did get another set of wheels with 205/50/16s because the 2 of the 18s are cracked.

also i have a full center console, a header, weber 32/36 and some other goodies as well.

missed that engine but bought a 22re with 125k on it for $175

also got a 3 row radiator , kickdown cable, and a header

looking to have the truck mobile by the end of august

UPDATE: heres what ive aquired from ebay, junkyards, and salvaged from the quad runner

chrome window cranks
    center console
    seat belt recepticals (need those for bucket seat conversion)
    put the extra gts seats in it
    sr5 cluster, it has temp, tach, oil pressure, volltage and trip odometer
    new speakers
    amp and wiring
    clear corners, clear bumper lights, clear tails, now with 100% less amber lights
    rear bumper
    weber 32/36
    header
    rare factory console floor shifter
    magnaflow muffler
    set of mustang 5 spoke 16s
    floor mats
    factory window rain guards
    chrome mirrors
    nice full carpeted oem door panels, those cost me and i had to trade my old ones for them
    chrome tailgate handle

And for next week

the 125k 22r motor i got will be freshened up at toyota by a friend so it'll be good as new

then ill get a kickdown cable for the trans

week after that

front chrome bumper and lower valence

oh its going to be a sweet ride here in about a month
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 02-21-2011 at 02:55 AM.

engine was dropped off today

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Nice. One thing I noticed, you seem to be good at finding things cheap, but for this truck it seems like you spent alot getting busted motors. Hope you dont have to worry about it again

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Thread Information