CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Okay, maybe there's something I'm not aware of, but why don't you go to an AWD dyno?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Has more to do with the right tuner. The tuner I want to use has two 2WD dynos. One mustang dyno and one dyno dynamics. AWD dyno's are not very common, would require travel. There may be 1 in my city but not paired with a tuner I'd like to use.
    Last edited by ChrisD; 07-14-2009 at 10:27 PM.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Ah, makes sense. There's plenty around here because of the massive amounts of Subarus/DSMs. I didn't consider the tuner thing. *smacks self*

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

No worries. I actually lied. Theres 2 or 3 here. But the shops are pretty particular, there's only a couple that are willing to work on the Power FC and even less that I'd let tune my car.

Made up the CF top panel today, aluminum and CF are currently clamped together while the adhesive seats.

1994 ST205 WRC

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD
    Made up the CF top panel today, aluminum and CF are currently clamped together while the adhesive seats.
    ME WANT SEE (in brutish caveman speak)
    Shadow's Minion Army - Storm Trooper

Images

pics coming soon

dyno postponed as the tuner got his schedule mixed up. hope to get it this week yet.

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

CF panel pics

Panel cut and adhered to aluminum backing for rigidity:

Test fitted in engine bay:

Installed, following the formula:

CF panels = fast
    Stickers = OMG
    CF + Stickers = EEKOMGKRZYFST

1994 ST205 WRC

beautiful!

Images

After a crazy day, dyno tuning done. Had issues with the water injection line not staying in, so had to disable.

On the dyno dynamics managed 234whp @ 6200rpm - read a bit on the low side which would work out to 265-270whp on a dynojet equivalent. The car is definitely faster than when I dyno'd 236whp on a Mustang dyno.

Overall very happy with the tune. Powerband is so much smoother, car is finally drivable after 2 years of having a standalone installed. YAY!!!!!

Anyways off to bed. Will get the dyno charts up tomorrow.

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

btw car performed just great in 2WD mode!

1994 ST205 WRC

Wicked!! ..... I need another ride in it Chris!

Your car is becoming rather drool worthy. I love 165s.

.. JDM and Euro import cars / parts direct from Japan
    '91 ST185H RC - Current Project
    '93 ST185H - Current Commuter
    '94 ST205 WRC - Current Toy
    '92 ST185H RC - Sold to GT4RC
    '89 ST162 GTS - Sold to RyanD
    '88 ST165 GTI 4WD Turbo - Sold
    '88 ST165 - Sold to ChrisD

Images

Definitely. I think you'll like it.

Here's the graph, and a pic of the car on the dyno. No vid as I was too busy watching & learning about the tuning. Plus there was just me and the tuner there.

1994 ST205 WRC

Great Job Chris. Car looks amazing.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Thsi whole thread blows..................

............just thought I'd play devil's advocate.

Images

lol!

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

OK, so I ordered a new fitting for the water injection pump. $5 part. The hose kept blowing out on the dyno so the dyno runs are without the WI. I will activate that and retune on the street myself. Will be very small differences, maybe a degree or two of timing, and maybe an extra psi of boost depending on how the engine responds.

Here's the peice:

http://www.howertonengineering.com/a...t%20parts.html

Also clayton has convinced me to get an adjustable cam gear and retard the exhaust cam a tad. Could net an additional 15whp, so why not. I don't think that will go in before the Ogopogo meet though. WI will be done.

1994 ST205 WRC

Do tell when you get the WI back online. I'd like to know what kind of difference it makes by itself.

Images

So I've got 1 week to the big meet. Lots to do. The big stuff is body work. Going to fix some of the patch work that I did last year.

In the mean time I have to replace the wheel bearings in my 3rd car - '04 Mazda 3 GT. It turns out that Ford is responsible for supplying my wheel bearings which have lasted a whole 4 years and 90,000 km's. There's a comment in here about quality I'm sure....oh well, car will be for sale after I do this job. $400 in parts, dealer wanted $600+ for the install...guess who will be busy then!

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

Ahh!

I have a pinhole in the upper rad hose. Long weekend, need the part by thursday. hopefully toyota can overnight it for me.

also, wheel bearings done on the mazda and now started on some bodywork touchups. keeping rust under control.

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

water injection back online tho.

1994 ST205 WRC

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Chris, what did you use to cut the carbon fiber as you did for the top?

I'm not sure if I'll use CF or not, but it was a great material for the front end splitter I made, maybe later. I am getting to this project, I've already finished most of my mock up work. Next weekend is a track day in Gainesville so I'm going to be done by then. Just curious as that S shape probably wasn't easy to make.

Great job, I cant believe I missed this thread.

Question, whats with the red tubing on the left? Are those your ac lines just covered with colored plastic? Id personally ditch that red stuff and just show the stock lines. I think it would look a lot cleaner. Just my .2psi.

Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Trance4c
    Chris, what did you use to cut the carbon fiber as you did for the top?

I'm not sure if I'll use CF or not, but it was a great material for the front end splitter I made, maybe later. I am getting to this project, I've already finished most of my mock up work. Next weekend is a track day in Gainesville so I'm going to be done by then. Just curious as that S shape probably wasn't easy to make.
    Dremel - cutting wheel to get the basic shape, then a sanding fitting to make it nice.

The tough stuff to cut was the aluminum. It is pretty thick and was hell to cut the hole for the air filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    Great job, I cant believe I missed this thread.

Question, whats with the red tubing on the left? Are those your ac lines just covered with colored plastic? Id personally ditch that red stuff and just show the stock lines. I think it would look a lot cleaner. Just my .2psi.
    No, it's some wiring for various things I've added in such as the water injection and possibly some stuff I did for the swap...not sure, it's been a while.

1994 ST205 WRC

Images

So winter projects include:

-custom intake manifold
    -fidanza cam gear
    -clean up and refinish various parts
    -Custom hood vent - unless someone actually pulls through on a CF hood?

Thinking about pulling the A/C...would let me add some large fans to the rad. Thoughts? It hasn't worked in years...but I do love a/c...

1994 ST205 WRC

Well Chris......is your car a race car? If not, keep the AC. Fix it and use it as the car was intended. There's no point in motoring in style if your balls are on fire. If it is a race car, then go for it.

Thread Information