CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

What's with the torque dip between 4-5k?

It's gotten better, but it's still there.... Seems like it's where the tvis should open but you've pulled that right?
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Hookecho
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Is that an AWD eddy current dyno? That power curve looks great!
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Cool stuff man, I ran out of fuel at the same boost pressure on a Td06 on stock fuel system back when I had the alltrac. The td06 was much more fun at 17psi, and A LOT of fun at 21psi. Congrats on having it running!
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Thanks guys!! Yes definitely fun. Have only really driven it home but definitely can't wait to take it out for a good drive. Might try to hit an autocross event before the end of the year. We'll see.

The torque dip. Can't really explain it. Will take a look at the timing map, maybe something there. TVIS was removed in this round of mods, yes. Previously it was there but controlled by an RPM switch to come on at 3400. So that doesn't even match up.

Dual eddy current, yes. It's a Dyno Dynamics 450DS AWD unit. Not sure on the model # for the 'before' dyno. But it was a Dyno Dynamics as well. Mostly I'm concerned with the tuner first. What dyno they use is not near as important. However having an AWD dyno here was a consideration.

Can't wait to get more boost in it. You can tell it's just getting started. I'll probably go with 1000cc injectors just to be done with it and have plenty of head room, then retune in the spring to a higher boost level...we'll see how it responds but 17 at the low end, 21 at the high end probably.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I had 720cc injectors and they were maxed out at 21psi with the TD06, but that was on E85. 1000cc will give you enough head room for sure.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Looking good Chris. I'm so happy you were able to get everything sorted out and make it in for a tune.

Let me know in the spring when you are planning to book it in for a re-tune and I will book mine in the same day to get tuned. Should make for a fun day! Perhaps we could book the entire day and get a few others interested in just a dyno pull. Make it into a dyno day.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    David Walker
    ------------------

1000CC might be a big much, it can be hard to get a good idle with injectors that big, especially if you run batch fire. An increase in fuel pressure using an inline external pump as well as ~700 cc injectors might work better.

^ true on the injector size, to a point. If you DO go big, some definitely idle better than others. Injector Dynamics are pretty darn good. My ID1000s idle far better than the old widebody 780s I had before.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I've also heard good things about the ID's. I think those would be the ones to go with. I run sequential injection, just like stock on the power fc. Personally I'd also just rather not have to run lines and mount an external pump.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Awesome that you finally made it out there and great to see what you managed to lay down with it.

Well done bro!
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Images

So a little update. Fixed a coolant leak, and finished off the Koni yellow strut install on all 4 corners. A bit of customization required the way I did it, but it works. Not quite as stiff as I'd hoped, sui I might be looking into coilovers or maybe custom springs of some kind. We'll see.

Still have an oil leak to fix from the oil cooler. Hopefully that's the only one. But at least I'm able to drive it. It's a lot of fun even at this power level. Can't wait to see it with a little more boost.

So here's the engine as it sits. Haven't polished the IC pipes or the manifold, but I'm loving how it looks. Have the new heat shield installed too obviously.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379387339734.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	3358

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379387361314.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	3359

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1379387388346.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	3360

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Looks awesome Chris!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    David Walker
    ------------------

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

Very nice

Sent from my Nexus 4
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Images

Thanks guys!

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Images

Took it in its first real extended drive this weekend, drove to Edmonton and back. Car performed flawlessly. Still rich in the partial throttle zones, get some backfiring, but that was expected as my tps plug wouldn't stay connected during tuning. Will just have that dealt with in the spring once I have the larger injectors in.

Got the oil cooler gaskets/ o rings as well to deal with the oil leak, but won't touch that until snow flies.

Here's a pic with my dad's bmw rt1200, taking a pit stop to check oil level and such.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380515686900.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	3364

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Dig it
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Our engine bay is next... It'll be nice to not be embarassed to open the hood :/
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Looking good, nice work man.

Images

You shall not pass.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Images

Clutch died yesterday. Dyno appointment June 24. Always gotta work under pressure!

Back under the knife. Hope I can source an in stock unsprung 6 puck clutch that can get to Canada before week end...

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

I've got an OS Giken Super Single for a 185 (not sure if there's a difference) sitting here if you're stuck.

Images

Managed to get a clutchmasters fx500 that will make it in time, but appreciate it! Going to come out to autocross at Ogopogo this year?

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

Looking great. How is the clutch going?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Images

Pulled about 75% out yesterday. Should have the engine out by Wednesday or Thursday, target Saturday/Sunday to get it running. Dyno in one week.

RacerX fuel rail and injector dynamics 1000's arrived today tho.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    Managed to get a clutchmasters fx500 that will make it in time, but appreciate it! Going to come out to autocross at Ogopogo this year?

I hope so, but the car has been one long string of problems so I'm not committing to anything yet in the hopes that I can sneak up on it and get it to come to the Ogopogo without it knowing what's going on (and therefore not give it a chance to break at the last minute).

Thread Information