CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Question interior fiberglass?

i have an 02 celica gt with a stock interior~ i want to get it fiberglassed black but i don't know where to start or what to do. I also don't know of any shops that do the work or how much it would cost to get my whole interior done? any suggestions?

...wait, why are you fiberglassing?
    Are you doing new contours or putting in speakers?

If you're just aiming for the color, I suggest you pull out everything, clean it up with a nice degreaser, and paint it.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

paint or dye is your best bet i think.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://duplicolor.com/products/vinyl.html

I used this stuff when I redid my interior. It (obviously) is for vinyl and fabric interiors.

I'm just going to point out that you really do need to pull out your entire interior and clean it with a good degreaser or prep wipe, unless you want uneven coats and paint all over your glass.

There shouldn't be a need for fiberglass.

if you want a custom panel then let me know i have done alot of fiberglass its not so hard it just take time
    proud owner of a 1990 celica gt usdm, 1994 celica jdm

i found some pics on the net of celicas with fiberglasses dashes/interiors. i love the way it looks and thats why i wanted to get it done. There's really not a need for it, just really like the look.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...ody/index.html

thanks for the advice!

Geez. They have 4 amps mounted in the headliner.
    I didn't even think that was possible.

its easier then one would think it just takes some time
    proud owner of a 1990 celica gt usdm, 1994 celica jdm

TIME CONSUMING.... but if you just want the interior paneling fiberglassed, its easy.. Once you start doing contours and designs is where it gets hard.

sand paper, primer, paint and clear.... thats about it...

Thread Information