CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Distinguished Member johnL is on a distinguished road

My 91 GTS will make 2000lbs and still be "street legal" meaning it will still have all lights, glass and bumpers.

John L.

bl_celica90

u can also cut ur hood supports but ull need hood pins then... also cutting the trunk supports... even the gas door supports... cutting the inside of the door as much as possible... getting rid of cruise control... wipers... and wiper blade motors... thats bout all i can think of that hasnt been covered yet

the fat chick in the pass seat..

Quote Originally Posted by Trance4c
    CelicaGT4 - ounces, well.. you have to start somewhere.

Katamari Damachy
    microscan4g: mine rubbed too. ... hmm.
    microscan4g: we just yanked.
    microscan4g: him from one side and me from the other
    microscan4g: u lubed it up real good right.
    SeanGTS91: I got a buddy coming in a bit, perhaps he'll solve this spacial ability issue
    SeanGTS91: yeah
    SeanGTS91: but does your rub whenyou drive it?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCel
    Katamari Damachy
    Dakamoochi Imbledick
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

i had the feeling that would end the thread...
    Sorry, no picture currently available. Too many users can't take graphic humor.

Ha don't forget about getting rid of orange body kits. J/K

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This thread seems the most relevant to post this information...

While changing my door this weekend I weighed a few parts:

1990 ST/GT/GT-S Front Bumper Cover = 16lbs
    1990-93 ST/GT Front Fender = 9lbs
    1990 Complete ST Door w/o mirror & manual window = ~60lbs (add ~3-5lbs for GT version (courtesy lamp, tweeter, and wiring) and another ~5-7 lbs for premium version(electric windows, door speakers)
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

Yep, I came up with 70lbs last year when I weighed the doors.

John L.

Trying To Learn Something New Each Day caneman is on a distinguished road caneman's Avatar
    caneman has donated to the forums!

Images

Wink

How about that loose nut behind your steering wheel? Probably weighs about 150-175 pounds, right?
    Welcome to the asylum. The inmates are in charge here.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

down to 150 after living at college for the past 4 months! Ramen sucks! put at least my car goes faster now.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Trying To Learn Something New Each Day caneman is on a distinguished road caneman's Avatar
    caneman has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by andy10889
    down to 150 after living at college for the past 4 months! Ramen sucks! put at least my car goes faster now.
    The secret to enjoying Ramen is after following the directions on the wrapper, throw away the soup and eat the wrapper.

By the way, I'm guessing that Lowa, Alabama is right under Uppa, Alabama, right?
    Welcome to the asylum. The inmates are in charge here.

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by COLDAX
    lite weight rims/tires
    Filled with helium
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Quote Originally Posted by MoralWarfare
    Rear seats in a celica (ass pad part and back rest part) weigh about 70 pounds total. It's not just acceleration in a striaght line that you gain with less weight, it's handling capabilities, braking, etc.
    Did you weight this?

The bottom peice weights 10lbs. And the back might weight 15-20lbs. 70lbs, no.

Changing out the driver and passenger electric seats for something lighter is another idea.

There is always CF parts too.

You can get a FRP hood from bulletproof or a CF hood from sebion or the new CS one. There is also a CF hatching coming up.

You can replace glass with lexan as well. This isa huge weight savings.

It all depends on what your car is for. If its daily driving and some track use, I might look at swapping things out for the sake of lighter versions.
    If its an allout race car. Everything goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmleff
    Your kidding right? we took 600 pounds out of the gts. FACT!
    Did you retain factory glass?
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco GRUMPY514 Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. GRUMPY514's Avatar
    GRUMPY514 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Make everything CF if you have the money

Seems like a track car in the mix so make some CF doors/ fenders that will mark off the weight quick.

Buy some polyurethene front fenders.

Originally Posted by Asinine
    The homoerotic undertone in this thread is so thick you could cut it with a butt plug.

Originally Posted by Kaiser
    I'd sell my grandmother into slavery for a night with her.......

Quote Originally Posted by johnL
    My 91 GTS will make 2000lbs and still be "street legal" meaning it will still have all lights, glass and bumpers.

John L.

wow... can i see some pics dude... lol thats amazing... not questioning you at all... but i'm impressed

Bump

HEHE I think its funny this thread still lives on.

John L.

Answer his question f00!!!
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Yeah, I want to find out what all is removed to reduce a gt-2 to 2000lbs. If my alltrac becomes a race only car, I plan on lightening it to 2,600-2,800lbs. Less if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cms-gt4
    Yeah, I want to find out what all is removed to reduce a gt-2 to 2000lbs. If my alltrac becomes a race only car, I plan on lightening it to 2,600-2,800lbs. Less if possible.
    As the car sits in my driveway it's 2395 lbs with factory glass, moonroof, bumpers, hood, and doors. The car is street legal meaning it has all working lights. All the parts mentioned will be replaced with either fiberglass or removed completly. I still have stock GTS rims and stock fuel tank. I will be removing the fuel tank in favor of a 10 gallon fuel cell and some day hope to roll on Volk TE37s.

Picts, I will have to dig some up.

John L.

Quote Originally Posted by Playfortoday
    Answer his question f00!!!
    2nd day back and you jump me

How have you been? The summer is almost gone and I have not been to a celcia meet!!!! Heck, I have not even worked on the GTS this year.

John L.

Quote Originally Posted by jaded_driver
    wow... can i see some pics dude... lol thats amazing... not questioning you at all... but i'm impressed

This was 2 years ago now, the dash has less wires now hehe.

Edit: Triple post? Newbie!!!!!
    John L.
    Last edited by johnL; 07-14-2006 at 05:54 PM.

So all you did was remove the interior to get your weight down?

Did you weight the car before you did the weight reduction?

Pretty much removed everything from the interior except the steering wheel, shifter and replaced seats. The engine bay was stripped of everything except the motor. I did weight the car before I started, 2980 lbs.

John L.

Thread Information