CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Ryan's 6th Gen Project

So, it has been a while since I have given an update on my 6th gen.

Today I was working on it quite a bit. I started doing body work on the quarter panel. I got quite a bit done, all thats left is the glaze putty and fine grit sanding, and then priming and painting it.

I also finished up the new drivers side door.

I am going to re-paint the wheels silver, until I can get some new wheels for it.

After that, I am going to paint the underside of the hood, and door jambs.

I also installed an oil catch can, replaced the valve cover gasket, ran some BG intake cleaner through it, finished the red-out of the tail lights, put in some Nokya yellow low beams, and Nokya purple high beams. I also added some mesh to the front bumper, and smoked the side markers and turn signals.

I got the arm rest cover on, and a new shift boot.

In a couple of weeks, we are going to be getting the transmission installed.

Once I finish the quarter panel tomorrow, I am going to snap some pics of it.

-2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

me wanna see pics of the purple high beams, been trying to find good pics of them but i haven't been successful lol, did you use a h4 harness?
    -16x7 Wedsport Rs-5 Rims
    -Sprint 1.5 lowering Springs
    -Iceman Cai

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, the 6th gen uses 9006 and 9005. Ill take pics of them tomorrow.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

you have too much time on your hands. lol.

We want pics. Are you gonna use hvlp to spray it? Trying to blend in the clearcoat is a little tricky.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have too much time on my hands???? lol

We are going to re-paint the whole car. The previous owner did a SHITTY job when they repainted it.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Sounds like you been kicking some ass on getting your cars in order Ryan. Congrats and I can't wait to see some pics.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Yeah, I have been working on them pretty much every spare second I have that it is not nasty outside. I should be finishing the body work up tomorrow if all goes as planned. Once I finish it up, I am going to rattle can it until we get it painted, so it looks halfway decent until then. lol.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

I'M KILLING IT k.beaty is on a distinguished road
    k.beaty has donated to the forums! k.beaty helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

sounds good Ryan, I'm in for some pics.
    Kyle

1990 GT-S - Diamond wheel OG

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

hit me up if you got any problems painting. I by no means know a lot about painting, but I have sprayed my car so I might be able to help if its not too technical.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I have sprayed a couple of different cars myself. I am by no means a professional body man, but I just take my time and make sure everything is prepped properly and that it gets plenty of time to cure and everything.

Thanks joe, I will let you know.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Well, I took a few pics today of some of the progress I have made with it...

Here are the red-out tails.

You can see the mesh here.

Blacked out side markers and turn signals.

E-brake boot I got off an Infiniti.

Shift boot.

The door I got for it.

I will take pics of the headlight sometime when it is dark, so you can see them in their full glory.

Here is the body work I am doing..

It had a nice crease down the quarter panel, and some nice annoying dings here and there.

As you can see, the paint job they did was extremely sketchy. There was NO primer under the black. Just the previous red paint.

I have it completely sanded down now, and am going to prime it when I get up, and rattle can it to make it look halfway decent until we repaint the whole car.

It turned out pretty decent.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Oh yeah, you can see the MASS amounts of tuckage it has going on. It was WAY worse with the steelies.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Good work so far man!
    - Mario

Questions?

Thanks mario!
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Ok, here are some more pics I took today of her.

I need to wash it really bad, its all dusty except where I rattle canned it.

There used to be a NASTY crease all down the quarter panel, I did as best I could. I also filled some dings on the door, and some dings on the quarter.

Here are the pics of the headlights that I promised.

JDM TyTe y0!
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

sweet, thanks for the pics man, gonna get some purple nokya bulbs now. lol
    -16x7 Wedsport Rs-5 Rims
    -Iceman Cai

Yeah, the yellow ones are the brightest that I have tried. It is ridiculous how bright they are.

The second brightest are the purple ones, and the the worst I have had are the blue ones.

Another thing. People have told me that the plastic connector will melt with these bulbs, but I havent seen the slightest sign that they have even gotten close to melting yet, so dont be worried about that.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

yea some people have told me that about the purple ones, because they are rated at over 90 w. Then again, friends have had them for months without problems.

i guess the safest way is to get one of those harness adapters.

yea my bro has yellow ones in his celica and they are nice and bright!!!
    -16x7 Wedsport Rs-5 Rims
    -Iceman Cai

So, yesterday vikingjz, tuner4life, and I went to the local pick-a-part and found two 5sp. corollas. I told my dad about them, and he said we could go get the trans. today.

So, we went this morning and got the trans. pulled, and we are going to be putting it in this coming weekend!

We also got the flywheel so we could get it resurfaced before hand.

All we have left to do now is get the clutch kit for it.

The trans feels really good. There isnt much play at all, and it feels smooth.

Oh, and for those with broken cupholders in their 5th gens, I have found a much better option.

The cupholders in the 7th gen corollas have a much better design, and fit very well. They work the same way as our factory ones, by pushing them to open, but they are built much better.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Lol, nah, I am thinking Exedy. They are reasonable, and pretty good quality.

Oh, and one more thing. I cant remember for the life of me what the rule of thumb is for breaking in a clutch.. I would appreciate it if someone would refresh my memory.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Exedy is good. They are actually owned/made by Daikin Clutches, who are an OEM manufacturer, so no worries on quality.

Usually they tell you to take it easy on it for 500-100 miles.
    - Mario

Questions?

Ok, cool. Thanks mario.

Yeah, I will most likely get one around here so I dont have to wait on it to be delivered. I think carquest caries exedy IIRC.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

So does Kragen.
    - Mario

Questions?

Alright cool. Good to know!
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

500 city, 1500 hwy.
    It sucks babying it for that long hah
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Thread Information