CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by schnee View Post
    but nobody's documenting FE/GE upgrades.
    Not true! I am documenting one as we speak. True, you cannot find it. That's because I haven't really written much down in my project thread. I do have an assload of pictures though! They're not posted as I'm too lasy to do it until I'm done.
    Shadow's Minion Army - Storm Trooper

Default Head Engine Rebuild

Alright, so im new to the forum. Im rebuilding my head and upgrading some parts in the process. I drive a 88 celica gt 3sfe.

The Parts I am replacing are: Gasket ofcourse/kit, im porting the head/port match, replacing cams(lil bigger), lighter valves, and valve springs(along with shims for the lifters), better flywheel and hot tanking it. All for sure. Might also put on some headers, shocks, sway bar, bushing set, and LSD.

What do you guys think? Any ideas on anywhere I can get those parts?
    Last edited by mwkappus; 05-02-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: addition

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mwkappus View Post
    Alright, so im new to the forum. Im rebuilding my head and upgrading some parts in the process. I drive a 88 celica gt 3sfe.

The Parts I am replacing are: Gasket ofcourse/kit, im porting the head/port match, replacing cams(lil bigger), lighter valves, and valve springs(along with shims for the lifters), better flywheel and hot tanking it. All for sure. Might also put on some headers, shocks, sway bar, bushing set, and LSD.

What do you guys think? Any ideas on anywhere I can get those parts?
    I'd suggest starting a new thread on this.

There's not a lot of options out for the 3sfe to be honest. The parts that are availble are ecrap (pacesetter).
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

True, I'd start with the header/exhaust as that's the main let-down.
    PM Redrct01 as he knows whats available over there

Default 3SFE upgrade info

update - I recently bought a late model FE head and compared the two.

You will be shocked to see how much better the later heads are
    http://st162.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3971
    Last edited by schnee; 01-27-2011 at 11:45 PM.

could i possibly just buy the exhaust manifold and down pipe? would it bolt up to the rest of the fe exhaust piping? or would i have to get the entire thing... from the manifold all the way back

I'd do the whole thing properly and forget about it for a few years.
    My FE exhaust was a lot smaller than the GE's too

Thread Information