CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Car shuts off after gasing up

Hey guys,
    Lately whenever I gas up my 00 Celica GTS when I turn the car back on it wants to shut off and die unless I keep on the gas. Any ideas what the problem might be?
    Thanks

bad o2 sensor?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Celica GT check list
    [x] Buy said Celica
    [x] Make celica run to spec
    [x] Fix celica body work
    [ ] New Suspension
    [ ] Make celica body kit
    [ ] New paint job
    [ ] Fix up interior *custom
    [ ] upgrade forced induction
    [ ] Enter into HIN*, NOPI, SEMA
    [ ] Drive 2 days to Dragon

Pics will be updated when the following is complete.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

do you buy gas from the same station every time?

You may be getting some gas that has water in it.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Is the CEL coming on? If so, check it.

If it is, I'm guessing it's throwing an EVAP system leak code. If that ends up being the case, get a new gas cap.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Quote Originally Posted by CriScO
    Is the CEL coming on? If so, check it.

If it is, I'm guessing it's throwing an EVAP system leak code. If that ends up being the case, get a new gas cap.
    I dont know if that's it.. i had an 03 with a crack in the gas cap... i drove it like that for almost a year... then emissions came and i had to get a new one... ( i know i'm a cheap bastard )

Just a thought :-x ( ju culd b right tho ) :x

Celica GT check list
    [x] Buy said Celica
    [x] Make celica run to spec
    [x] Fix celica body work
    [ ] New Suspension
    [ ] Make celica body kit
    [ ] New paint job
    [ ] Fix up interior *custom
    [ ] upgrade forced induction
    [ ] Enter into HIN*, NOPI, SEMA
    [ ] Drive 2 days to Dragon

Pics will be updated when the following is complete.

He's got a CEL.
    Check that first, no point in doing anything else 'til you've got the code.

How do you check the CEL

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Most auto parts stores will check it for free.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanW
    How do you check the CEL
    Did you not bother reading your other post RIGHT below this one in which I answered that already?

The answer isn't going to change no matter how many times you ask it.

Thread Information