CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default dash gauge light

its not lighting up. and its not because the dim switch is off. anybody know what could be causing this and how to fix it. i'm thinking there's a short in the wiring somewhere but not sure which exact wires would light up the gauge. can somebody with a bgb post up the diagram or tell me where the wire is located. thanks in advance
    Lor

DEAD 93 GT *just got a 94 5sfe 80k miles
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 Celica ST
    91 Celica AllTrac SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AllOutRed90

on the back of the gauge cluster is 3 thick clusters of wires one to middle and one to each of the sides. so whatever light isnt working is prolly to that side or middle. Also it could be one of you lights blow or else a bad clip on the cluster plugs.....all of this is located behind your guage cluster and you will have to take out part of you dash to look behind. I had the same thing happen to me except it was because i took mine off and forgot to replug em in....hope this helps....

AllOutRed90

maybe this reference picture will help, there is 3 plugs ins behind the gauges and then there is the green stem.....you can sort of see....here ya go...

Do your tail lights still work?

Also, I'm betting the dimmer switch went bad.. which is why the gauge lights don't work anymore.

the gauge works, just the illumination doesn't work at all. the lights for seat belt, engine, battery and etc all light up. just no illumination so u can't see the speedometer at nite. yea i was thinkin that something was wrong along the lines of the dim switch, but i need some diagrams.
    Lor

92 Celica ST
    91 Celica AllTrac SOLD

it's nothing with the power lines.. your dim switch is just dead..

Failed Alltrac user InitialD93 is on a distinguished road InitialD93's Avatar
    InitialD93 has been to an annual Dragon Meet! InitialD93 helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! InitialD93 helped get Play's clutch job done.

turn on your lights... and go look to see if you have tail lights... if you do its your dimmer, if you dont its a fuse in the kick pannel under your steering wheel.

if its the kick pannel replace the top right fuse... if that does not make them come on here is what u do to fix it.
    Dustin, Toyota Tech
    1990 All Trac w/ RC bumper, converted to 93 spec
    2010 Toyota Corolla S
    1979 Malibu (more go fast, less suck)
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

thanks for the help Dustin. I'll go try that as soon as I get back home this weekend. I have noticed that if I have my head lights on and then I signal left turn, the signal <- flashes rapidly on and off as if it were dead. but with the headlight off it works regularly. any idea what that means.
    Lor

92 Celica ST
    91 Celica AllTrac SOLD

check to see iif the lights in around your cigerette lighter and inside your ashtray are working. They are attached the dimmer switch too. The idiot lights are seperate.

Thread Information