CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What's the best way to get this off?

This thing seems to be attached to my headlight via some glue.

I don't want to chip away at it for fear of chipping the lens, or cracking it.

What is the best way to remove this and the residue it will undoubtably leave behind?

FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But srsly, try laquer thinner or something like that
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

creamofsomyungguy
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vangls14
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

yes, thinner or maybe 'goof off' and some elbow grease.
    2006 Lotus Elise Type 111R
    No plans to move to the 'new era' of Lotus cars.
    "Adding horsepower makes you fast in the straights, adding lightness makes you fast everywhere." (Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus)

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

tape your cock to it and then look at a picture of me. Itll rip that shit right off! superhardbonerftw.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Just buy a new bulb......

c-4

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

goof off works good from what i've heard. Something that works really well on that tough sticker residue is to put peanut butter on it and let it sit over night. Then it scrapes right off the next day. Might as well try it since its readily available right now.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I agree with the thinner or you could use some reducer. Either....or but the reducer will be a little less aggressive on your hands. If either of these solvents leave a stain on your lens you can polish it with some rubbing compound or I find chrome and mag polish works great. If you have pitted lenses that are dull you can wet sand them with some 1500 grit and polish them with the mag polish. You could be lazy and use a polisher but you will more than likely ruin your pad. It is pretty much the same as color sanding your car for the mirror finish. Hope this helps man.

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78
    Just buy a new bulb......
    They're perfectly good lights other than the rice attached to them... i don't feel like spending $40-$50 for another set.

You could always go to teh darkside of riceyness and hook them up and be a toolsack.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ciento44
    What's the best way to get this off?
    Stroke it slowly and wisper nice things..

Dude, just heat the things with a heat gun and scrape them off.
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Those lights actually looked pretty cool when they were on the car. They put a blue glow in the housing when the headlights were off.

You should be able to just tap them with a screw driver and get them to come off. The glass should be smooth enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tuner4life
    Those lights actually looked pretty cool when they were on the car. They put a blue glow in the housing when the headlights were off.

You should be able to just tap them with a screw driver and get them to come off. The glass should be smooth enough.
    You like... epoxied them on or something buddy... i've tried with a screw driver, and gets me nowhere.

If my headlights are off... my lights are down... O.o

srsly Goo Gone or Ooze off or some such. Pick a citrus cleaner

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

^I will get some tonite and see what i can do about it.

It's getting really aggravating driving around with my high beams on, just aimed low so i don't blind people.

The stalk moves too far away, it's not good for signaling.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 19celica90 is on a distinguished road 19celica90's Avatar

Images

Whats the best way to get this off?? Thats what she said

Quote Originally Posted by ciento44
    They're perfectly good lights other than the rice attached to them... i don't feel like spending $40-$50 for another set.
    What's so special about those?

IIRC they're like $10 - $15 per.....

I've got like 6 sets floating around my garage from my parts cars.

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78
    What's so special about those?

IIRC they're like $10 - $15 per.....

I've got like 6 sets floating around my garage from my parts cars.

I can't find them for cheaper than ~$20 per here.

Nothing's special about them. I'm just cheap and got these for cheap.

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

they're silverstars thats why they're more. usually $20-$25 a piece.

So thats why you put those l.e.d.s on there???? because they were more expensive.. it all makes sense now.......

FAIL.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Images

WTF!

I put the led's on there to put a blue glow on the back of the headlights. It was a neat mod, even you complemented me on it when I put them on. In fact you had them before me stuck under the hood of the q45 somewhere.

If you thought they were dumb, why did you put led's in your new headlights?

So why hate?

I bought actual h4 conversions with an led slot, and I have hyperwhite leds in there.

I had them under the hood for like a week, until I realized they looked ghey.

I love giving you shit
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

Images

U R Ghey

Thread Information