CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

i'll sport your window gear too if you want... not too sure on how much AZ business you'll recieve ... but you never know? Tell me costs and ur paypal addy.

Which one you want? The wiring order form lists the sizes and styles: http://www.phoenixtuning.com/wiring/orderform.pdf

-Doc
    -Dr Tweak, Toyota engine swap wiring expert extraordinaire

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

are you going to use an AEM FIC on this bad boy?
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

If/when I get to that point with it, yeah. It may go up for sale shortly after completion.

-Doc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please post dynos when you're finished with the engine setup (at least first stage) i would like to see the #'s

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Any Bumps Doc?
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

My dumb ass forgot the camera last time I worked on it, should have a good update this weekend though.

-Doc

Engine bolted in:

Wide-angle shot:

Brackets for heat exchanger welded up and installed:

Closeup of the bracket and also one of the cushion clamps holding the silicone line from the pump to the heat exchanger. The two other lines are stainless braided (the ones that you can see )

Stainless braided -12 AN lines and fittings:

More cushion clamps for an ultra-clean look

DAYYYUUUUMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats sweet man! Where did you get the clamps at?
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Several of my suppliers carry them for routing wiring harnesses, stainless lines, and things of that sort. I bought a bag of every size lol

-Doc

Nice! I am going to buy some similar to those for my wires I have all over the place... I think it will make things a bit more organized under the hood...
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Got the engine started yesterday! It coughed a little bit at first but it's running great now. This is how the engine sits now:

I tig-welded up a cold air intake for it. Originally I didn't have the stock BOV recirculated but we found that it was leaking a little vacuum at idle, so out the intake came for a little more modification.

This view shows the route the intake takes along with the two air ports (PCV and IACV). Also visible is the bracket holding the AFM.

Another view showing the AFM and air filter, with the stainless water lines just clearing it. Also visible is the intercooler water pump.

Air filter in a great spot to pick up some cold air. Also you can see the water pump relay that we wired up. It's triggered by the un-used fuel pump circuit on the AFM, so it runs only when the engine is actually running.

Got this a couple weeks ago

We were pretty excited with it running well. While it was warming up the first time I started filling the custom water/air intercooler setup and found a pinhole leak at one of the fittings on the heat exhanger. So after it was warmed up we shut it down to change the oil, fix that hole, and then weld up the fitting to recirculate the BOV. Fired it up the second time and it was running really good, but I noticed that I kept having to fill the intercooler up. At first I attributed it to bleeding air out of the system, but soon it became apparent that there must be another leak somewhere.

This morning I checked it and found the intercooler empty. I had Chris at SCC tear into it and he confirmed my fears, there seems to be an internal leak inside the intercooler itself. I expected that it would be near one of the modifications that I made to it but it seems to be deep inside the core somewhere. I'm going to take a look at it myself tomorrow and see if it can be repaired. With all the time I have into the intercooler I hope that it can... if not, we'll be picking up a new core and making a few changes to the setup.

-Doc

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

nice cold air. watch out for puddles!

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

Yeah there'll be no driving this in the rain in downtown Savannah. We get some MAD flooding here.

Update.... new intercooler welded up. I have the lines done as well now but no pics of that yet.

And finishing fabricating the exhaust last night. I need to take it down and do the final welds on it and then the exhaust will be done.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Looking good!

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

I really need to come down there and have you do that to my exhaust...

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Looks awesome, I havent read much of the thread but is that a watercooled intercooler?

Yeap, sure is

Here's the engine bay as it sits right now. Note water lines are complete (system is functional) and stock BOV is installed, and recirculated back to the intake. Hood closes without touching too

What's the point of putting the AFM so far from the TB?

Well, mostly it was the only place to put it with the cold air intake that I built. You'll note that the battery and cruise control are still in the stock location

I finished welding up the exhaust today and fixed up a couple other little things and finally took it out for a drive! It's still got a few bugs to work out but it's running a LOT better now that has the timing set and right and has some fresh 93 octane it in! Plus it had a good bit of gunk to blow out and since putting about 10 miles on it is feeling much better

-Doc

Great job so far Tweak.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Thread Information