CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar
    joe's gt has donated to the forums!

Default ATS Purchase issue: RESOLVED

I cracked my head due to a coolant hose bursting. I immediately started looking for a head and someone informed me of a head available at ATS. So I contacted them and talked to Aaron who said he had a head available for me. His exact words were that it "had a recent valve job and was ready to bolt right on." This is what I received:

I mistakenly thought this was a head with a fresh valve job so I was quite disappointed. I realize now that a "recent valve job" meant a used head. That was a misunderstanding. I admit that.

Upon cleaning I discovered badly pitted valves:

Aaron actually told me that these valves were fine and the head was USABLE AS IS.

Quote Originally Posted by joe's gt
    Hey Aaron, here are some pics of more pitted valves. Mostly the one on the right. Just want to know if these are usable?

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b...gt/IMG_0373.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ATSAaron
    That is fine. They don't seal or flow on that side.

Aaron
    And again:
    It wasn't perfect and it wasn't reconditioned by ATS, but it was EXACTLY what you asked and paid for: USEABLE.
    Every other member on this board told me the head needed to be rebuilt. The fact that he would actually allow me to believe that this is OK to put back on my car is actually just flat out insulting to me and completely wrong. These valves may last a year, may last a month, may not even last a day, who knows, but this is in no way acceptable to use as is.

Not only that, but I was insulted in the process
    If you wanted a fully reconditioned head then you should have asked for one and paid for one. Instead you asked for the cheapest solution possible and now you are whining because it's not new or perfect.
    I never asked for perfect or cheapest, I asked for a useable, ready to bolt on head. Cheapest doesn't involve buying a head for 300 then paying that again to rebuild it.

Bottom line:
    I paid for a used fully functional head that was ready to bolt right on per Aaron's exact words. Not only was it not ready to bolt on, but I have to get it completely rebuilt which is going to cost the price of the head itself.

And the worst part:
    He REFUSED to compensate me for the extra cost involved in rebuilding it despite the fact that he misrepresented the head in the first place.

I'll admit this is the first time i've taken a head off and done a purchase of this magnitude. As a result, my lack of experience was maliciously taken advantage of and has caused an enormous inconvenience and heartache. Unfortunately the transaction was done over the phone, so I have no written evidence. I also did not receive an invoice or receipt for the transaction.

I will never do business with ATS again and advise everyone not to as well if u want to avoid the horrible experience that I have gone through.
    - Shadow's Minion Army - Grand Inquisitor -

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Again, how much was the purchase of this used head?

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Trance4c
    Again, how much was the purchase of this used head?

it was 5 dollars, why would it matter? if he was gaurenteed a head that would bolt right on and work that day then who cares what he paid, I dont think it has to do with the money its more likely the principle.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

I think he said he paid $375 or somewhere near that.... You could get one from a junkyard in just as good condition for a fraction of that if you could find one, and it would leave you extra money to have it rebuilt...
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Price has NOTHING to do with anything in this scenario. He was promised a head in bolt on ready to use condition. He didn't receive it, and the communication throughout the transaction was very un-professional in my opinion at least.

^true, I understand that for sure.

I would think that aaron would want to keep his reputation clean...
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

wow 375 are you serious!?!?!? I can pull my head off my motor that is blown(bottom end) And check it out to see what is wrong with it if you are really interested and you still need a head I can sell it to you for 1/3 of that price. Ill have to check it out first though.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Lifetime Member joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt is a glorious beacon of light joe's gt's Avatar

i paid $315.

This has been the best and most frustrating experience of my life. I thank my dad for all the help he has given me in this rare restoration. Now that the car is done, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Close enough..lol.
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R

So Aaron made it right. He compensated me for rebuilding the head so all is well. Although I urged u not to buy from ATS, but after Aaron did the honorable thing, I think u can feel confidence in purchasing from ATS and know they will do the right thing if something is wrong.

not to rip on ATS because i dont have any ill feling towards them, but let shops take this as a warning, the internet will hurt your reputation. a few years ago i was totally wronged by XS Engineering in CA. after posting the story on NC.org they never sold another celica turbo kit. all they had to do was rebuild the turbo they destroyed. but no, so they opened the wrath.

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthre...ight=nightmare

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthre...ight=nightmare
    2001 Celica GT-S Turbo 2ZZ-GTE
    1997 Supra TT 6 speed 2JZ-GTE
    1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ V6 hybrid
    1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE

Thread Information