CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Lookin' good brother
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

bro you nothing of my stance, its off the chart.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Aint nobody got time fo dat/
    - Mario

Questions?

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

update!

I swapped my 2jz in about 3 years ago with the stock crossmember and left the suspension and brakes alone also. I wanted more options and better brakes so I decided to see what I could come up with. Also I have a ford 8.8 in the back so I needed to go to 5 lugs up front as well.

Heres the status right now

Pulled engine
    mounted ae86 rack- I have the drawings I used for the drill pattern on the xmember if anyone wants to repeat what Im doing. just line up the old holes and center punch the new ones then bolt it up.

mounted rack and pinion from zenki 86

merged the stock ra29 top column with a 81 starlet bottom half, involved removed bearing carrier and welding to ra firewall plate.

Im currently looking for the proper intermediate shaft-I hope to find one this weekend.

As for the 5 lug.

91 Cressida struts/spindles
    mount the Cressida lower ball joints into the ae86 lca. bolt up.
    -note you must run coilovers or smaller dia springs as the Cressida ones don't fit.

Im also going to run the ae86 sway bar.

As I finish this up Ill post up more pics and instructions.

Anyway heres a parts list and some pics

Rack and Pinion Swap
    86 xmember and R&P
    86 LCA
    81 starlet steering column
    Intermediate shaft TBD

5 Lug
    91 Cressida struts/spindle
    91 Cressida steering knuckles
    91 Cressida lower ball joint

Note-This is a rough draft, the holes are not the same as in the pic, but you get the idea.

This pic shows the A arms
    mx83 ra29 ae86, knuckles mx83 ae86 ra29

This is not fully welded yet, just a test.

If anyone want to buy the old 2jz converted xmember Ill let it go cheap

Images

Heres a few more

my 1988 4runner

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The hell man, are you some kind of mechanical engineer coming up with crap like that?

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Images

Strange I know

Now its engine mount time! again!

Nice work!
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

You'd better get this shit done in 7 months! Hell, you'd better get all your shit done!

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

That is SWEET Andy. Great work.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Images

Finished the steering linkage and gear. Officially have power rack and pinion steering.

Ignore the wiring.

Images

Got the crossmemeber and suspension done.

Images

Been side tracked by this pos. 1993 tw200

Looks like a fun little summer bike. Go play on some trails.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

More photos

On the mounts

Brakes on

Lights painted

Images

So you had a running driving car and you pulled the motor to convert it to a power rack and pinion and to upgrade the suspension, correct?

What are your plans for the inside?
    Last edited by Facime; 04-29-2014 at 07:55 PM.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Images

That's correct, Inside will just get cleaned and put back factory, also new headliner.

I really like this
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Images

I need some wheel ideas for this thing

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

meshies all the way

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Mesh wheels on a 1st gen is sexy.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

Im still working away on this thing. Got it running and driving now. Just a few more things to finish up the front suspension and such.

Formerly itsoktosmokev8s Mr. Babb is on a distinguished road Mr. Babb's Avatar
    Mr. Babb has donated to the forums! Mr. Babb helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Looking good bro! I'm sure it's totally different feel from when I rode in it several years ago!

Thread Information