CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Shadow's How-To Series: Dash removal and Heater Core Installation Write-up

Going to install the new heater core in the AllTrac in the next week or so. There will be pictures. LOTS of pictures.

Figured I may as well do a write-up since there isn't one that details the heater core as well as the entire dash pad.

OUTLINE

0. Tools needed + Book Time (Labor Hours as per shop time)
    1. Removal of Dash
    pad and associated components
    (Don't forget to have some OEM TOYOTA coolant handy)
    2. Installation of Heater Core
    3. Re-Installation of dash pad and associated components
    4. Starting the car and getting the air out of the cooling system

That's it !

- Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Member Flux is on a distinguished road Flux's Avatar

Images

Are you finished with this?
    I could use some help doing mine right now...

Sorry, stuck in limbo due to not receiving the correct heater core TWICE now.

If you want to gimme a call, I'd be happy to walk you through it. PM me for my number if you need it.

-Mario
    - Mario

Questions?

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Is the coolant an issue? i have GM dexcool (Orange) running through mine. Is this a Problem?

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

I'm not sure I understand your question?

For the record though, if the GM DexCool is silicate free, it will be fine.
    - Mario

Questions?

Mustang Crew Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of Grot has much to be proud of
    Grot has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Grot has donated to the forums! Grot helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Grot helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

that answered my question. i will check in the morining.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    And I had a mullet to prove it.

Originally Posted by BabyBear
    Ive decided youre gay.

Good day.

not much help but here's an image from when i changed my heater core

Changing my heater core was a pain in the arse. the above picture brings back memories.....terrible terrible memories. I guess it wasn't that bad of a job, just VERY tedious.
    Trumanpriest - '90 ST185 | '12 Tundra Rock Warrior

Senior Member DudeMan will become famous soon enough DudeMan's Avatar

Wheres the write up?
    -Chase

1990 4Runner SR5
    1990 Celica GT-Four

It never happened due to there not being an available aftermarket HC. Got mine re-cored and installed it back in.
    - Mario

Questions?

Epic sticky

What is this sarcasm you speak of?

Did you need help with this? I would be glad to assist you as much as I am able.
    - Mario

Questions?

Did you actually have to end up taking out the dash or were you able to get away with working under the dash board?

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

The entire dash pad did in fact have to be removed.

Trying to do it any other way is just procrastination and delay of the inevitable.

Once again, if anyone has a question, I am happy to provide my number and walk you through it.

- Mario
    - Mario

Questions?

Oh darn i would have loved a write up... Looks like i'l need to make one. I accidently ruptured my heater core when i was replacing the heater hose coming from the firewall. I yanked when i should have sliced. I guess thats part of living and learning. But i despeatly want it fixed and am not willing to pay a repair shop a grand to do it when i can pull one from a junk yard for probably 40 bucks or so and install it myself..

This is an attempt i am going to make. I will be taking and posting pictures, most likely with my phone but hopefully with something that has a bit more quality.

This is a huge process for me.. Any and ALL help will be appreciated greatly friends.

1990 Celica GT 5SFE

Thread Information