CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Painted my interior

What do you think?
    [IMG][/IMG]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

v8's are like tampons.. Every pussy has one.

ummm.......not sure the pictures are blurry but,,, it looks okay.... what type of paint did you use?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

ya it was a cell phone pic. I used rustolium plastic paint for automotive

you gonna do ur vents also?

i dont think so i ran out of paint lol. Next im planning on doing the plastic that surrounds the door handles and lock/window switches

i was thinking of doing this but so many ppl have done it already that it bummed me out, plus i just want an all black interior so if i do it ill find all the pieces and then paint what i cant find. but gl anyways.

Junior Member karl has a spectacular aura about karl has a spectacular aura about karl has a spectacular aura about

the previous owner of my MR2 did the same thing. at first i thought it looked gay and ricey, but over the years it's grown on me to the point where if i ride in someone else's MR2, it seems like something is missing from the interior. i recently refinished it to make the white stuff shinier, but kept the look.

looks good from where i'm sitting

thanks ya i thought it might look stupid but i did it anyways because i have all the spare parts and it turned out looking really good

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

I did mine in red. All vents and surrounds I like it
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Yep, doing my interior too, all black though. Gonna try to do the seats and fabric stuff too, but gotta find a dye that I can use without tearing 'em apart.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

ya eventually going to do the vents i think once i get more paint, then im going to get black carpet and eventually either redone black seats or some racing black and white ones im not sure

ya eventually going to do the vents i think once i get more paint, then im going to get black carpet and eventually either redone black seats or some racing black and white ones im not sure

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Physlis View Post
    Yep, doing my interior too, all black though. Gonna try to do the seats and fabric stuff too, but gotta find a dye that I can use without tearing 'em apart.
    isnt the interior already black/dark gray????

It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......

Anymore it's gray, but I just got new front seats and belts that are black. the plastic is a bit darker than the fabric, but they're showing their age so I revitalized them. I'll put a before/after pic up and you'll see what I mean. Haven't gotten to the front half yet, only pulled everything from the doors back.

Before:

After:

*edit: added pics
    Last edited by Physlis; 05-02-2010 at 05:19 PM.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

looks good. Im gonna have to do more in mine eventually

So i bought more pain and im planning on doing my vents and the area that goes around the clock and other odds and ends tomorrow... I am also debating painting the piece of our door panel where the cloth is. Does it sound like a good idea?

If you think it will look good go for it, haven't gotten that far yet on mine other than pulling the panels. Don't know about yours, but mine are mostly sim-leather though so I'm not sure how paint would hold up, dyeing might be the better option on those. If you paint them I'm interested to see how well it works.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

alright i am waiting for the paint to dry on my vents and stuff now i might do those later since i have an extra set of panels in the shed

Okay so i painted the defroster vent on the dash, the little side vents, The door handle surrounds, and the center vents that go around the clock... No does anyone know how to et the passenger side vent off? I tried to gently pry on it with a screwdriver just like i did all the rest, but it doesnt seem to want to pop off. Is it screwed on from behind?

I cant remember 100% but I do think its anchored on the passenger side for some freakish reason. No idea why clips weren't sturdy enough...

I messed with it for like 20 minutes yesterday then said screw it i undid all the clips i could see... It looks stupid without it i really want to do it but cant figure it out...

I'm going to try and do mine this weekend so if you don't figure it out by then I'll see what I find when I pull the dash. Trying to get some new spray paint I found made for doing fabric and one for the vinyl stuff, no dyeing involved; just spray and done.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

hmmm alright post the results because i would love to do some black in there because I am going for the "stormtrooper" look lol

looks really nice. i started the paint job in my celica as well. red and white

Images

heres mine i didnt do the cluster surround cuz i dont know how to get it off(i do now, but at the time i didnt) and just realized that i never did the vents up by the windshield and now i cant find the paint i used anymore, it has a small metaliac flake in it

Thread Information