CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: welders

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar
    lburner has donated to the forums!

Default welders

lets talk welders! I'm looking into getting a three in one or two in one plasma cutter and tig welder. Does anyone have one off these or im better off getting one of each

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Audi90Quattro is on a distinguished road Audi90Quattro's Avatar
    Audi90Quattro has donated to the forums!

Images

I would stay away from a 2 in 1 unit. Not sure what you'll be using this for,metal thickness, 1 phase or 3 phase but I really like the miller dynasty. You can TIG weld with it which is good for precision or exotic metals (Aluminum,Ti, that sorta thing) and you can also Stick weld with it for larger metal thicknesses.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...ty_200_series/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

let's eat lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner has a spectacular aura about lburner's Avatar

i just need it for 2 project cars so i don't really need anything that good.

Well, aside from buying one used, one that good is about all your going to be able get with out going through a lot of trouble hooking up three phase and such. And unless you have a whole lot of money to blow, getting a plasma cutter for two jobs is not very economical unless you plan on keeping it and using for other things. Besides the plasma cutter, you'll need a very good air compressor to run the plasma. What kinds of things do you need to tig weld? It would probably be better to get a 110v wire welder for body work.

what do you plan on welding on your car that you would need a tig welder?

for the 240 Roll Cage. for the Celica Top Mount Manifold, Intercooler piping and Downpipe. I been using a body of mine Lincoln V205-T but hes moving so i need to get my own now.

Question is, how much are you looking to spend?

humm... $800 - $1500

so your planning on making that stuff out of alum and not steel?

Thread Information