CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member CelicaGT4 will become famous soon enough

Default 3sgte swap fuel pump? 5sfe FP=bad

ok, so I've been running my 93 GT with my 3sgte swap alot lately with my stock 5sfe fuel pump. It's in stock form for a few more days until I get my t04e on there. Haven't got on it much because I'm still breaking it in. I have a Walbro 255lhp fuel pump sitting in my closet ready for installation. Except I'm to damn lazy. Well, I talked to a buddy of mine about it and he told me it was a REALLY bad ideah to run a stock 5sfe FP on a 3sgte, I then said "but I'm running stock boost and everything is stock".....he then showed me this graph. http://www.wolfkatz.com/DreamweaverD...g%20Report.pdf

Check out page 2 of that thing, 5sfe FP = orange line at the bottom. It only supplies enough fuel for about 1000 rpm then you'll be running lean. I guess what I'm after is how many of you swappers are still running the 5sfe Fuel pump? If so, I'd think it over and change it quick. I know I am going to in the next 2 days. Good luck, and let us know how your car runs with the stock pump and if you're running lean?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

at 8psi your stock injectors (if wide open) require 105L/h + something must return for the FPR. At that pressure the 5sfe can flow ~100L/h...so yeah its a pretty dangerous idea to run the stock pump.

Keep the revs down, don't go WOT, and you'll be fine.

here's the graph

1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

from personal experience. I ran 10psi on my 5sfte, with an 8:1 FMU on the stock 5sfe pump.

That's maybe 180hp (i didn't have an intercooler so i'm being conservative here).
    And that's about 100psi rail pressure.

and my a/f ratio was still decent at that point but that is by no means safe. so yeah you're ok but you're standing on a high cliff with a really high mph wind and you're wondering how likely it is that you're going to fall down.

The fuel pump swap takes 15-40 minutes at MOST. Get off your lazy ass and install it : ) .

15 minutes of time , vs having to rebuild your 3sgte ? i think it's obvious that the time you spent making your post, and reading mine ... you should've spent installing your pump.

Back seat out ... a few minutes
    around 6 screws ... 5 minutes ? at most.
    another 5-10 screws ...and you're in your gas tank

pump assembly out, disconnect wires, disconnect fuel line.
    and then backtrack
    2005 C200 Kompressor sport
    K&N Filter, HKS 2.5" throttle pipe, Apexi WS2 Muffler, DIY Voltage Stabilizer, Intrax lowering springs, H&R rear 19mm sway bar, EBC redstuff pads, EBC 13" front rotors, Stop Tech front brake lines, VDO Boost gauge @ 7psi, Greddy Iridium Plugs, Sprintbooster
    On the way:HKS FCD's (12psi), Remus testpipe (2ndary cat), vortech 2:1 FMU

my blog:

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Werd. It's not like you have to drop the tank like us alltrac mofos.

Even then i can do it in an hour.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

I thought it would take about 2 hours or so...ok ok, i'll do it tomorrow.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I dont know, I've been running fine for about 4 years now at various boost levels. I plan on upgrading pumps after i get all my final stereo equipment together. Since my fuel pump is buried underneath a mountain of amps....

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

What pump model should ppl get?
    microscan4g: mine rubbed too. ... hmm.
    microscan4g: we just yanked.
    microscan4g: him from one side and me from the other
    microscan4g: u lubed it up real good right.
    SeanGTS91: I got a buddy coming in a bit, perhaps he'll solve this spacial ability issue
    SeanGTS91: yeah
    SeanGTS91: but does your rub whenyou drive it?

walbro 255lph or stock Supra 2jz fuel pumps.

model# on the walbro? like for the ebay search they're like 93 bucks, but they state for diff cars.
    microscan4g: mine rubbed too. ... hmm.
    microscan4g: we just yanked.
    microscan4g: him from one side and me from the other
    microscan4g: u lubed it up real good right.
    SeanGTS91: I got a buddy coming in a bit, perhaps he'll solve this spacial ability issue
    SeanGTS91: yeah
    SeanGTS91: but does your rub whenyou drive it?

Blowing Stereotypes, ya heard? Snafu Vanilla Ice gets more respect.. Snafu's Avatar
    Snafu has donated to the forums! Snafu helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

They're all the same. Doesn't really matter as long as it is for a yota.
    1988 CRX DX - Drag Car
    Vitara/TT rod Z6 - Sinktrap Manifold - GM9 turbo

www.mydragcar.com/snafu

It doesn't really matter if it's for a toyota or not, most the fuel pumps are similar and will do the job.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean has a brilliant future Sean's Avatar
    Sean has donated to the forums! Sean helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! Sean helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon Sean helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Bought my walbro TT pump today

Turbo 1990 Celica T3/T4 57 trim
    2007 Toyota Tundra DBL SR5 5.7 TRD
    2010 Lexus ISF PPE Headers JOE Z Exhaust K40 Radar
    2007 Range Rover Sport HSE

the walbro for the supra will come with the correct filter and install kit for our car.

whatever you do, do NOT use electrical tape when connecting the pump. i did, and my fllter got really dirty and the pump made lots of noise. ended up going for a super quiet oem supra pump and really like the lack of whine that was once there with the walbro.
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Thread Information