CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: Help me Remodel!

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the kit, paint it white, go on with the original plan.

20 35.09%
  • Ditch the kit, go stock body with the 92/93 update.

12 21.05%
  • Ditch the kit, go RC style.

25 43.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Default Help me Remodel!

I know for sure I want the car in white - though I have the painful dilemma now:

Do I keep the bodykit, or do I ditch it?

This day has long been coming, to say it was never my cup of tea is exactly that, but it worked for the purpose at the time.

The car Currently:

What it will look like in white:

Just some quick photoshop work. Now, I like the car with the kit, its still very unique but at the same time, its more work than its worth a lot of the time. It also does not always give the appropriate vibe, most people see a kitted car and think 'rice'. For the most part, that doesn't bother me, but sometimes it does. Even at certain angles, I'm still not very pleased with it. Though, I can't say that isn't true about the stock body (even RC setup) Celica. There are particular angles of the car that just do not work.

If I do go back to a stock body I don't think I would do an RC bumper. Instead, I would rather use a 92/93 updated:
    ala like Gary's car use to be -

If I were to get rid of the kit it might not even be possible and a new shell might be necessary. To say I have the money for this would be true, but this is not what I'm interested in dumping my money into at this point in my life. Though, a rolling shell shouldn't be to expensive and I think very possible.

So.. I'm leaving the input up to you all:

1. Yes keep the kit, go on with the white
    2. Ditch the kit, go the 92/93 updated version
    3. Ditch the kit, go RC style

VOTE!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Body kit in white's a reasonable compromise -- the colour would no longer scream for attention while the body continues to make waves.

However, thought about just reverting the bumper and keeping the rest of the kit? Aside from the swoopy nose, it's not particularly extreme. Bring that underbody lip over to the reverted bumper and it should flow (hard to say for certain from pictures, of course).
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Have you thought about going pink?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

His girl would have to find another matching dress.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold

Images

Na, I wouldn't change just a bumper. Its either all or nothing.

Images

Lol!

CelicaTech Supporter 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST has too many green lights. 90CelicaST's Avatar
    90CelicaST has donated to the forums! 90CelicaST helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. 90CelicaST helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Seriously though, after you did that lower lip mod thing, it looks a whole lot better, not to mention the uniquness of it, so I would keep it. I just wish there was a way you could cut the very top portion out of the bumper and put a faux carbon fiber piece back in where it should be. I also thing you should find a spoiler for it. I've never liked the look of any 5th gen without a spoiler, stock or otherwise. But, it's your car, so good luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

That is why my friends are all on the interwebz. That way when I don't feel like being sociable, I just close the window.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I like the white, however I still think you need to mold something in to fill the gap from where you cut the nosepiece up.

White with Kit.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I like the white, however I still think you need to mold something in to fill the gap from where you cut the nosepiece up.

White with Kit.
    ??
    Its all carbon fiber in there.

I know you can't see it all well, but here is a pic you can see the carbon fiber a bit better, one of those angles though I hate:

Images

Don't laugh at my Photoshop skills(or lack of), but I think it would look better with that bottom portion painted, and the second carbon fiber trim piece back.

I don't like people.

I don't like going out.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The part I circled. Then black it all out or pain it bodycolor to match.

I am not nitpicking, but that has bothered me since you did the change. I like the new front, but IMO it looks unfinished/halfassed with that section just cut and left empty. That is why I have harped on it since you did it.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

White is so lame compared to the orange you already have.

People are odd. What makes you want to change the color now?
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

the pink is hawt....

save your money make it fast it looks good to me.
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

Originally Posted by vangls14
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Luni
    What makes you want to change the color now?
    I've been wanting to change the color now for a few years. I'm tired of the orange man. I'm going to have the seat redone in black leather first. Then the only thing left is basically what do I want to do with the exterior.

I am not normally a fan of white, but I do kind of like it. Someone good with photoshop check some other colors.. I wonder how SMG or a shade of midnight blue would look?
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈrĉʃənlˌaɪz, ˈrĉʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

I like the orange...you live in flordia the orange suits the car keep it its unique. There are tons of with celicas lol. My vote is keep the orange and get a oem rc hood or the vis cf version of it
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

White** sorry typo
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon
    I am not normally a fan of white, but I do kind of like it. Someone good with photoshop check some other colors.. I wonder how SMG or a shade of midnight blue would look?
    +1 to SMG.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

either this kit or the CS kit

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Although I'm not a fan of the kit originally, the white definitely tones it down and makes it look so much better. I vote white all the way.

And do you bastards have any idea how hard it is to turn orange into blue? Here's the best I could do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5MB.jpg‎  

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Quote Originally Posted by Luni
    White is so lame compared to the orange you already have.

People are odd. What makes you want to change the color now?
    I agree, I really like the orange, it does well with the kit you selected. The orange makes it pop, the white...who cares?

Images

Alright, I'm still leaning toward keeping the kit and going white. Its true its a unique car, would be a shame to ruin that.

Thanks for the pointer Murg, I'll see what I can do. I understand exactly what your talking about.

I am tired of the bright orange though personally, that has to go.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

I'm a big fan of the blue with black bottom, having an invader kit on my celica too, I've thought about that same design a lot. The oem medium red pearl is gorgeous though.

Honestly I liked your idea of the white from the beginning. I would lean to one of the metallic pearl whites though if I were you. Especially from one of Cadillac's. They have very nice pearls that don't show off dirt.

Having a pearl white car also I can say it's a pain to keep clean. BUT it looks fantastic when it is. So my vote is definately for the white. Keep the kit. Your's looks great.

Images

Its alright, I keep my XB all day in polar white pretty damn clean and its not in the best place to be resting! Tree sap just sucks.

The Celica will be in the garage for the rest of its life for the most part.

My photoshop skills of madness lol, see what you think:

I am with philly on this one. The pearl white on the cadillacs is amazing. Although it is expensive, it would look awesome and would be one of a kind. Although I do like the look of the blue too...
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Thread Information