CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default mac performance CAI install

Just installed the 5sfe CAI mac performance sells on ebay for 45$, it is the worst product ever to install, 1st 3 pipes fit fine tell i got to the last bottom pipe with the air filter. its a 90 deg turn and does not fit a all, it should be straight, going down.

I had to cut out a chunk of metal that sits under the left side of the battery and completey move the coolant resivoir and fuse box, or pipe would be impossible to fit because all that crap is in the way. Also took off bottom plastic protector to make install easier. Only good thing about their intake is that its 2", not 3.

I dont know if they even bothered to test fit it on a auto celica but they are not very smart selling a product that does not even fit when they tell you it does.

Overall, engine is a bit louder when i floor the gas and it of course it did give me a bit more pull them my old short ram since its not sucking hot air.
    This product sucks for fitment, very very bad, all they have to do is make the last pipe straight and there is no problem. I will get pics when i get a chance.

all I could find were CAI's for the 7th gens. . . are you sure you have one that was designed for the 5th gen?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Colossus20v
    ^The years of ninja training helped...

yes look on ebay type 90-93 celica

found it. hum.

I hope to produce a better-fitting product. . .

Originally Posted by Colossus20v
    ^The years of ninja training helped...

i just bought one of these myself, i only have the 1 out 3 pipes installed cuz the others didn't fit, so i basically have a short ram.

picts?
    Jeff

Sounds like your standard "eBay special" parts.

-Dave
    "Mechanical engineers do it with less energy and greater efficiency."

I was just searching on Ebay.. It says in the listing..

"You are looking at a REAL Cold air intake for all 87-90-93-94-99 Celica ST GT GTS, 87-90-93-97 Corolla/ prism all models. (Depending where your coolant resivor or fuse box is located it may be needed to relocate it for proper fitment, easy to do!!)"

That sux though that you got a crappy deal... I HATE EBAY.. not really ebay just some of the sellers.. and their products.. LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

^CLICK THE SIG^

Thread Information