CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: SSII Celica

What I've been up to in the weekend

thats just after putting the teins in when we pulled of the other wheel it was just off the ground, as you see lots of clearance
    comparing the 2

weight standard 8.6kg & the are tein 7.9kg I'm pretty sure

thats the wheel just off the ground.

thats it on the ground

using the 7gc rims for the moment until I'm happy with the ride hieght, and I dont ruin the 6spoke rims

then later that day

weight for Teins 6.9kg factory was 9.2kg

weather was ok, sunny and hot, butwith big storm clouds on the way, Tein where all installed & went inside for a break. The it starts pissing down

manage to get all the tools etc out if the rain, after 5 minutes it stops and we carried on

Cant have the fronts too low, due to some big speed bumps, & I dont want to 'crab' it everwhere.
    maybe not the best example heres before tein

Put the dampner on the hardest setting, VERY bumpy. driving along, but braking is just so good, got the dampnering setting on 12 (I think thats what tein recommends aswell)

still too bumpy, so its on 0 or 1 (I think your also suppose to have them on a low number to run them in??) & have all the white rims on now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

just a couple of updated shoots, drives more nicely now

update time

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I already miss my ST205 wheels...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

opps I never showed you what was in those boxes...sorry guys
    It was a HKS Silent hi-power exhaust & silencer and HKS camgears (will dig up photos)

Did you use to have the facelift rims aswell?

My recent shopping.
    Genuine TRD Carbon Fiber Guage Cluster set & the TRD Carbon Fiber Dash Panel Kit (They are discountinued.)

Installed photos: (they dont do justice)

Cant get that last vent in lol

looks really good

91T MR2 830whp 635wtq
    92 Celica WIP

Hey, its been a while since I've been on here, I was looking around for something and thought I'd update this thread.

Tom's SS brakelines

Spree led kit
    really happy with how they came out, brightness, coverage etc, the CC unit still looks a bit green, down the line I'll need to adjust the position of that led I think

(dirty from roadworks)

Also installed ZZE123 Corolla clear side markers from my friend TRDGT4, the other clear ones I had were changing colour and the rubber was starting to fall apart :/

I've also installed the TRD spoiler

Picked up a TRD LSD mechanical clutch type - to be installed soon

Installed Tom's TECH II ECU - a stock ECU reflashed by Tom's

What the engine bay currently looks like

Dang, that car is beautiful. So clean.

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco BlueDragon will become famous soon enough BlueDragon's Avatar

Images

Wow! The carbon fiber interior looks amazing! It all looks amazing actually! Nice work.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Beautiful car, and beautiful work done to it.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Great work. Love the 6th gens.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Wow, so nice!!!

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Thanks for the comments guys.

Should have some more updates Mid March.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

my heads gonna explode that looks so nice

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Recently got this

The rain guards are for friends

Clutch cover, Clutch disc, Clutch release bearing, Flywheel bolts (as I'm going to get the flywheel lightened & balanced.) diff bearings, gearbox gasket, TRD LSD oil for the LSD

Radiator top cover & gasket
    Painting the intake manifold a silver & the valve cover is going anodised red so got gaskets valve head inner & outer ACIS manifold & TB
    Engine Bay Gold Heat Reflective tape (for under the ACIS intake manifold)
    Front engine mount, rear engine mount

New rotors all round, with EBC Red front pads.

always feels good to get a stack of parts haha. nice looking celica bud

Sorry haven't been active on this site for a while, so I'm sharing the updates..

Old Clutch line & new Jspeed line

Installing the new TRD clutch sports disc & cover.

Old vs new

New disc

All on & torqued

While the gearbox was out I had it sodablastered to clean it up.

Thin bar = Open diff
    Thick bar = Helical LSD
    No bar = TRD clutch type LSD

Today was the day of reinstalling the transmission. Put new hitemp grease on the clutch fork & realase bearing shaft. It took us a couple of goes to get it on, damn subframe lol. Also on the new SS clutch line we found it wouldn't let us move it into line holder, so we filed just a tidy bit off the line on one section, the other section wasn't affected so could still use spanner on it to help tighten it up.

All that's left is everything else, axles, engine mounts, connecting the shifter cables & the clutch assembly - and bleed that too, etc.

Forgot to mention before that we did the rear main seal while gearbox was out.

Finished up the last of the jobs today & she starts & drives sweet.

Most recent shots of the ST202

Dyno results:

Year: 1996
    Model: ST202 SS-II
    Engine: 3S-GE
    Significant mods: Cold Airbox, TRD leads, HKS Catback Exhaust, Tom's TEC II ECU
    Octane: BP 98

@ Wheels
    123Kw = 165HP

@ Engine
    141Kw= 189HP

Also I can't remember if I've done a list on whats been done, so here's it is..

Performance sort of..
    Tom's TECS II ECU
    Cone K&N airfilter
    TRD cold airbox - that I made
    TRD spark plug leads
    Denso Iriduim spark plugs
    TRD sports Oil Filter
    Exhaust Heat Wrap (Extrators)
    HKS Hi-Power Exhaust

Drivetrain
    Jun lightweight flywheel
    TRD Disc
    TRD Cover
    JSpeed Clutch line
    TRD Clutch type LSD
    TRD LSD Oil
    Sodablastered S54-06A

Suspension
    TRD 3point Front Strut Brace
    ST202/ST205 Rear Strut Brace
    Tein Super Street Coilovers (with 32 way adjustable damper)
    Tom's Racing SS Brakelines
    EBC Pads Red (Front)
    Powdercoated Artic White 6GC GT-Four Rims (16" 7.5)
    Toyo Proxes T1R 225/45/R16

Exterior
    Projector Low Beams
    Projector High Beams
    Projector style front indicators
    Crystal Clear side indicators
    SS-III Front Grille
    SS-III aero kit (Front Splitters, Side Skirts & Rear Splitters)
    Custom SS-II Badge
    TRD rear wing

Interior
    Climate control system
    Hyper Sport CELICA floor mats
    Tom's Racing Pedal set
    TRD T20# Quick Shifter set
    TRD shift Knob
    TRD Guage set
    TRD Dash kit
    White LED guage lights (Spree)
    Complete interior LED kit (Spree)

More info
    TRD N Type Radiator cap
    TRD silver Oil cap
    Beatrush/Laile cooling panel

Looking great!! Keep up the great work!

Project Ava

Thread Information