CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The Morel 8" Damped polymer composite cone from Madisound looks like it would work. I am also wondering if the SEAS Prestige 27TAFNC/G (H1397) 1" Aluminum Dome Tweeters would work as like the neo's. If my car was bigger, I could fit my Polk SDA 1C's in the back seat, just kidding. I am also looking to replace the old System 10 speakers with some newer pieces. I do not really want to do any major modifications though.

I personally modified my tweeter covers to accept the Seas Neo's, many seem uncomfortable doing that. :shrug:

I will see about posting the write-up from my audio site on building pods for the tweeters.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Mario, the 8" woofers are really starting to get bad with increased volume levels. I have been searching the net for a replacement and have been using the past information. The Morels that I was looking at seem to be no longer available. I am now looking at the JL adio, 8Wlv2-4 and the ZR800-CW. What is your take on these for performance and ease of installation. The ZR has a shallower mount but both have a 115 mm magnet width. The ZR is almost twice the price as the 8wlv2. Whats your take on the construction differences and the space that these are going in.

You will want to look at The Captains thread. he listed a decent set of 8" that he modified a bit.

I am off for the day right now, but will post back later on the rest.
    - Mario

Questions?

how do subs hold up in the doors since there originally mid base subs. just a little question
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

I am rocking Pioneer Shallow 8's connected to a 1000w Pioneer amplifier under my driver seat. I had to damper the heck out of the door, but they sound amazing and add the missing bass from the system. The doors, when properly deadened, make decent sub boxes. I had to mount the subs over the door panel because they were too deep to mount in the boxes without hitting the door frame.

If you want to thump the neighborhood, that option sucks because they don't move enough air. Other then that, I like not taking up trunk space and using the speaker space in the door. I get enough punch having them in the front that I feel the music when I want.

Any chance of you posting the model number of the 8" for us?
    - Mario

Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25 View Post
    Any chance of you posting the model number of the 8" for us?
    Chances are good today...

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_1...+shallow&ssi=0

Here is my thread on choosing a shallow door sub:

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44816

Just looking around in the market.. and finding that 8" shallow mount subs are pretty pricey for my budget. i have been looking around am starting to find 6.5" subs that are significantly cheaper. Has anyone tried this yet?

92' Celica GTS

Until I had the $$ saved for a proper amplifier, upgraded high output alternator, wiring and 2 shallow subs; I went with a 6.5inch setup. Cheap-o DUAL speakers running off the head unit. The Head unit had enough power to run them with decent results. Upgrade over the system 10 in terms of clarity, not power.

gohan I have earthquake 6.5 shallow mount subs in my doors. I was on a tight budget also and i pick these up for 95 bucks new off of ebay for the pair. I gotta say i was a little disapointed with them after i installed them but after a little while and ajusting my amp and headunit and considering the specs and price of the subs, i guess im happy with them. i guess u cant expect much from them. they do add noticable bass to my stereo. i wish u could hear them. I have some pics of them installed. I cant figure out how to get the pics on here tho

ok.. ty for the heads up... i just might invest in some of these 6.5" subs.

92' Celica GTS

yea man let me know if you have any questions

I have installed the Morel 8" subs in my doors and the sound is awesome. They are shallow mount and only require a little trimming on the plastic mounts. They are $250 for the pair shipped and are worth the money. They have a really broad frequency response and are well suited for door enclosures. Madisound carries them if you want to spend the money.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

A much cheaper alternative, magnet looks appropriately small though the basket might still be too big.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-098
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Nothing like resurrecting an old thread, I was given a 95 Celica convertible that appears to be only a four speaker setup. I think someone replaced the mirror trim on the doors as I do have the factory amp. Any new info for current available parts? Something I may do is remove the seats, carpet, trim, remove all the factory stereo wiring to run my own. Of course the transmission needs to be rebuilt first.

Quote Originally Posted by Javve View Post
    Nothing like resurrecting an old thread, I was given a 95 Celica convertible that appears to be only a four speaker setup. I think someone replaced the mirror trim on the doors as I do have the factory amp. Any new info for current available parts? Something I may do is remove the seats, carpet, trim, remove all the factory stereo wiring to run my own. Of course the transmission needs to be rebuilt first.
    Does not apply to this thread as it's focused at the 8" door speakers in the 90-93 "System 10"/"Super Live" sound systems. Perhaps make a new thread for increased visibility?

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    Does not apply to this thread as it's focused at the 8" door speakers in the 90-93 "System 10"/"Super Live" sound systems. Perhaps make a new thread for increased visibility?
    I see that now. I must of been really out of it when I replied. I will start a new thread, Thanks.

Thread Information