CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Celica number 2!

so today i found a 1983 celica gt 5speed in a field! got looking at it and the body needs some work but underneath it in really good shape,

Talked to the guy that owned it and asked if it ran and how much?
    he said 400 bucks and handed me the key and it started right up! i also got the original Toyota wheels! so i went to the bank got him his money and drove the old beast home.

its gonna need some new front struts and rear shocks.maybe springs not to sure...also its going to need some brake work done they work but i will feel safer with some new rotors pads and shoes.

The interior is in decent shape also theres only one rip in the drives seat and thats it other than being dirty.

now i have no knowledge on 3rd gen celicas so any wisdom on them would be great anything and everything!

ill get some pics going this weekend hopefully

one thing thats really bothering me is that the speedo dose not work!!! all other gauges work but the speedo

But so far very impressed with the 22RE and it is very fun to drive! :burn:
    R.I.P Mark Faulkner! (Fat Chicken)+1993 Twin Turbo RX-7

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

theres a guy I know on ctech who swears by them..............

factory 300k rwd damn it blah blah blah lol......

but anyways good steal on a reliable car.. post pics!!
    2012 Jeep Wrangler
    1993 Mr2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vangls14
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    just because you want to be "different". Why not just take that mentality a couple steps forward and get yourself a Pontiac Aztek?

yeaa i was busy tonight tryin to fuiger out how to repair the passenger rear panel its pretty rough thinking gonna weld a hole new one in unless theres other ideas??

but i will work on pics tomorrow!
    R.I.P Mark Faulkner! (Fat Chicken)+1993 Twin Turbo RX-7

Quote Originally Posted by burnyd
    theres a guy I know on ctech who swears by them..............

factory 300k rwd damn it blah blah blah lol......

but anyways good steal on a reliable car.. post pics!!
    hes going to be oh so happy! Just think, another member with a 3rd gen, thats gonna get crazy!

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

Nice find. A lil TLC will make it a great ride. Good luck with it.

She's sold
    !

Check out DOA racing and LC Engineering for alot of great 22re stuff. They specialize in the trucks but it's the same engine. I tried the adjustable cam gear from LC and the C270 cam from DOA in an '86 4WD pickup with great success! :burn:
    TWM Short Shifter
    KYB GR-2/GT-S Springs back on again for the dirt!
    Poly sway bar bushings
    K&N filter
    Camry Header
    CM Aluminum Flywheel
    Scheming to swipe my wife's S54
    Stock wires & Iridium plugs
    Hella Vision Plus Headlights
    Coming Soon: Chouteau County Cross Country Rally

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Nice find! Hope it works out good for you!

Thread Information