CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: Was this helpful, and easy to follow?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 97.96%
  • No

1 2.04%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

I decided to go ahead and build a new catch can with this style!

Works great! I've had it in the car for about two weeks, though while I don't daily drive my Celica anymore it will take some time, but it has collected virtually nothing, maybe a drop. I'll have some pics eventually, but this has been a great catch can!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Is this for only turbo cars?
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303
    Is this for only turbo cars?
    Nope. It's in mine, ain't it?

The thread was stickied here because of the 3S-GTE specific info, but it can be used on any car.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

I thought tours was turbo ...... My bad. What's the benifit from this on a na car? I never even used one on my turbo Honda

It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

No worries man, I was just joking around. Both of mine still have 3S-FE's, bolt on mods only.

Advantages are slight, but helpful.
    - No oil gets through to gunk up the throttle body/intake manifold. This can also be achieved by putting a straight filter on the valve cover and capping the TB end, but in controlled emissions areas venting the crankcase straight into the atmosphere is kinda frowned upon.
    - The amount of oil gathered can help indicate internal engine wear. For instance, my 221,000 mile old piston rings are obviously letting a lot of oil blow by them. If it gets much worse a rebuild will be in order.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

I will be posting my monthly progress report and photos on Friday, October 10.

If anyone else has pictures of their setup, I again request that you post here. Don't be shy!
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Images

I'm gonna keep doing mine the 19/20th. The next one isn't gonna be pretty...

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

We NEED more people to post their results. I know a few that have posted here have done it by now. I'd really like it if we could see theirs as well.
    - Mario

Questions?

CelicaTech Supporter Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold Trance4c is a splendid one to behold
    Trance4c has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

Images

Well.. I would imagine I have about 500 miles on my 3S now...

Just barely any, the sponge in the bottom is not moist though you can tell there is some moisture in. Really nothing at this point.

That's okay, post pics and mileage anyhow. We need everyone to show how it's doing in their application.

-Mario
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

I'm gonna be sourcing these parts hopefully this comming week for my 5s will post when I get them. Btw where did you all find your stuff at?

Images

I'm gonna be sourcing these parts hopefully this comming week for my 5s will post when I get them. Btw where did you all find your stuff at?
    If there's a Home Depot in your area, just go there first. They all carry the filters. Don't end up going to twenty different places like me.

For the hose, clamps, and vaccum caps, any parts store will do. You should have Murray's in Ohio, right? CSK O'Reilly owns them, so I'm biased being an employee...

Mario used filter material from Home Depot, I cut up a crankcase breather filter from my store. So you can get that part at either place. Same with the teflon tape.

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

Images

Thanks yeah we have like 4 hd in my city(Toledo) with in like 10 miles of each other and 2 murrays and 8 or 9 autozones. I hope I can get everything and install it easily ill re read the begining of this post to make sure I get every thing. The more I think about this mod its kinds cool and wish I knew about them before lol thanks criscO

Sorry for the delay. Pics will be up tomorrow.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

Hey shadow..I got my stuff to install this mod but the container is plastic not glass is that gonna be a problem ? Due to the heat of the engine bay

Not a problem at all. If it holds up in my engine bay with the 3s-gte, it will be fine.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

One more question. Where can I find the vaccum cap ? Hd didn't know what I was talking about. Is it necessary to have it the drain cock closes on mine

Images

One more question. Where can I find the vaccum cap ? Hd didn't know what I was talking about. Is it necessary to have it the drain cock closes on mine
    It is. For one it can cause a vaccum leak, it can also cause it to drip oil all over if engine vibration shakes it open.

Any auto parts store should have vaccum caps.

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

Images

Found one earlier thank you though

Found one earlier thank you though
    So did you do this yet? If so, please post pics mileage and a quick description of difficulty level (1-5).

-Mario
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

Yes I actually just got done. It was very easy like a 1.5. One question though? On mine there is an arrow on the top oh the black part that shows you which way to install in on the compressor(what it is designed for) so you get the correct air flow. I installed mine so the arrow is facing the engine so the line from the motor drips the oil down the. Center where the filter should be ( reverse of what it tells for the correct usage of the filter ). Should I reverse it or leave it? Ill post pics tomorow or later tonight. Miliege is 125130

Glad you got it done!

The arrow should be facing the intake side, away from the engine. That arrow is meant to show which direction the air flows OUT. Hope this helps.

-Mario
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

Thanks Mario. I figured that's what the arrow is for but cuz we aren't using the housing for the intended ourpose , I wasn't sure if it mattered in our application. I flipped it around though. Will get more daytime pics tomorow

Images

Yes I actually just got done.
    Sweet!

I totally forgot to take my camera when I left the house today, and even then it didn't matter because my mother ended up having to borrow the coupe all day(she's picking up her new car tomorrow)...

Anyway, I'll take my update pics sometime tomorrow.

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

Images

Ugh...

The Coupe:
    The Hatch:

Thread Information