CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

View Poll Results: Was this helpful, and easy to follow?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 97.96%
  • No

1 2.04%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I love mine. Not a drop of oil in mine

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Just installed one in our 165 with the help of Luni and Babybear
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I had one on my ae86 forever. Works great.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Yea, I'm hoping that it'll stop the oil coming out of the BOV. Or at least help it
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Woot! I still have mine in the 'Trac too. Works just as it should.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

I just picked up most of the parts today before work, Canadian style.
    Yes, you can get stuff for cheaper on eBay, but I'm all about trying my own way, especially when it comes to my own car.
    I made two stops today before work (Lordco & Home Depot), but I probably could have gotten everything at Home Depot.

Total spent: ~$29 after tax

Home Depot:
    Air Compressor Filter
    1/4" vacuum tube cap
    Teflon Tape
    1/4" Tube clamp

Lordco:
    2 x Barb Fitting pipes (3/8" Hose fitting, 1/4" Male NPT ends)

I forgot to buy the filter material itself, so it'll probably cost an extra few dollars.

I then had to use a flat-head screwdriver to keep the valve from opening in towards the tube itself when putting the 1/4" vacuum tube cap on.

And I pushed down the cap as best as I could.

Voila

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

What the heck, why is your Home Depot so much better than mine? They want $29 just for the filter here.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Not sure. They should have a price matching policy as I recall from walking past the cash register. Is $29 the price that's listed on HD's website?

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/s...partial&s=true

Prices paid:
    Air compressor filter - $19.99
    Teflon tape - $0.74
    Hose clamp - $0.94
    Vacuum hose cap - $0.25

At Lordco:
    Barbed pipe fittings - $3.14 (for 2pcs)

Not quite sure what kinda filter to get though. What exactly am I looking for? I'll peruse around the store today before I head into work.

Nicely done.
    - Mario

Questions?

Heyo,

Just finally getting to installing the oil catch can, as my car is almost ready to be on the road.
    I'm not quite sure which hose I'm supposed to attach it to on my '94 GT-Four.
    #1 or #2?
    Also, just for confirmation, I want the airway to flow towards my air intake hose, correct?

Cheers!

You want to use whichever line is your PCV.

The arrow should be facing the intake side, away from the engine. That arrow is meant to show which direction the air flows OUT. Hope this helps.

-Mario
    - Mario

Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
    Heyo,

Just finally getting to installing the oil catch can, as my car is almost ready to be on the road.
    I'm not quite sure which hose I'm supposed to attach it to on my '94 GT-Four.
    #1 or #2?
    Also, just for confirmation, I want the airway to flow towards my air intake hose, correct?

Cheers!
    At least on my ST185, one of those hoses goes to the idle air control valve. I think the first one in the intake stream.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

Yes #1 is the one you want to use, FYI that black box by the intercooler is a stock oil catch can

Sent from my Nexus 4
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Quote Originally Posted by jaydog82 View Post
    Yes #1 is the one you want to use, FYI that black box by the intercooler is a stock oil catch can

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Are you seriousl? Haha. I had no clue. I've never read through my research that the GT-Four had a stock oil catch can. *Doh!* I'm sure there's people out there who've still done this mod on their GT-Four though. Oie, I feel a little silly for doing all this now.

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

It would still be nice to see how much blow buy you are getting.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

This was what I discovered when I first got my car and took off the mushroom filter. I may just install it regardless!

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

I finally got around to making mine today after I got sick of seeing blue puffs. I got the same filter as Jeebus, but I have two questions:

1) Do I need to add a vacuum cap with that little press to open bit at the bottom? I probably will for peace of mind but I'm assuming it'll stay closed just fine so long as nothing is pressing up on it
    2) Is there anything wrong with using the filter material that came with it?

I ended up with smaller barbed fittings but everything seems to be sealed up okay, I just had to crank down the clamp on the heater hose a bit tighter.

The addition of the vacuum cap is to prevent the thing leaking out all over your engine bay as there is a small purge valve built in to the filter.

The filter material that mine came with was a porous stone type. I suppose you could use it. Just bear in mind that it is not designed for use with oil and may well break down and get powdery/muddy and work it's way into your system.
    So if you are asking my opinion on it, I would avoid it and just use some filter material as seen throughout the thread here.

Hope this helps and best of luck.
    - Mario

Questions?

Makes sense, thanks. One other question, I can't remember if you have to mount the can so it's lower than the PCV outlet, or if it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Makes sense, thanks. One other question, I can't remember if you have to mount the can so it's lower than the PCV outlet, or if it doesn't matter.
    You don't have to, no. I only did because it was the simplest arrangement.
    - Mario

Questions?

Thread Information