CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Member Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris's Avatar

Default Breakdown Hotline

The purpose of this thread is to give some of our traveling members some help if they get stuck somewhere. I stole the idea (and even the thread title) from supramania.com. I figured it was that good of an idea. So credit goes to those guys.

Mods, if you could sticky this I think that'd be helpful to anyone who needs help in a hurry.

Pretty basic idea here, just post your first name, location, what tools you have, phone number, how much you can do on a car and any other relevant info that you feel will help.

Try to keep the clutter/misc. posts out of this thread. It needs to be as clean as possible for those who need help quickly.

-edit- Good job guys, this thread is turning out pretty well. Just goes to show what kind of community we have here.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-21-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Member Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris is a splendid one to behold Chris's Avatar

Location: South Central Kansas, Wichita/Ark City/Ponca City, Okla. Area
    Name: Chris
    Shop/Work Area: Home, or where ever you're stuck.
    Phone: 785-209-0384
    Tools: Sockets, wrenches, air compressor, battery charger, jack/jack stands and other pretty basic, misc. tools. I don't have access to a shop, but I'll do whatever I can to help.
    Time to call: Anytime, the phone number is my cell. If it's an emergency, burn the line up.
    If I don't answer, just leave a voice mail. Make sure you identify yourself from Celicatech, but if you forget I'll probably still call back, no worries.
    If you call several times and I do not answer, leave a voice mail or text message me, as I may be in class or working.
    Last edited by Chris; 07-21-2008 at 04:06 AM.

Name: Joel
    Shop/Work Area: Home or where ever your stuck
    Phone: 425-931-4042
    Tools: Any and all hand tools that you could ever imagine.
    Time to call: Anytime, of I'm available I'll help. But being military I might not always be home.
    If I don't answer keep calling I'll wake up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90 GTS Swap
    1/4 Mile 13.83 @ 100.73 mph 250hp 244tq

Location: Napa CA. (Northern CA.) I'm about an hour away from most any major Bay Area city. (SAC. SF. Vallejo, Berkely, Oakland, Novato,...)
    Name: Mario
    Shop/Work Area: Home or where ever you're stuck.
    Phone: 707-738-3736
    Tools: Full set of Craftsman hand tools in the back of my Celi, Low-rise racing jack, jackstands, A factory 15" spare tire
    Time to call: Anytime. If I don't answer right away, leave a message or blow it up! Please do let me know you're from C-Tech (user name and real name)
    Last edited by Shadowlife25; 07-21-2008 at 03:39 AM.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Phone #

Name: Bob
    Shop/Work Area: Home or where ever you are stuck at.
    Phone: 865-773-9708
    Tools: Hand tools and the Pull-a-Part. Yours won't be the first Celi I have repaired hundreds of miles from home.
    Time to Call: Whenever, I sleep days though.
    Last edited by Murgatroy; 07-21-2008 at 03:43 AM.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Name: Matt
    Shop/Work Area: Home or side of the road
    Phone: 828-734-4905
    Tools: Anything you need, no really, full machine and welding shop
    Time to Call: Whenever I'm needed
    Just let me know your from C-Tech and I'll do what I can. I also have limited access to a rollback so if we have to tow I could save you a little money.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Name: Chris (You can actually call me CriScO though, my friends do)
    Shop/Work Area: No shop, you can always park by my store/work on it there for a few days if necessary.
    Phone: (303)668-3793
    Tools: Basic hand tools, but many mechanic friends if anything needs to be borrowed.
    Time to call: Afternoon/Evening/Late are always best, but if you're in a jam morning isn't a problem. It is my personal cell. I tend not to answer unknown numbers, but leave a message with who you are and I'll get back as soon as I can, usually within a few minutes.

On a side note, my store is one of the last parts stores before you cross the mountains if you're heading east, and not far from I-70. There's also a Toyota dealership down the road that keeps a decent stock of parts. If anyone needs anything before heading into the rockies let me know!

Great idea, stolen or not!

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Name: Aaron
    Shop/Work Area: Home. Can bring stuff.
    Tools: Hand tools, assorted air tools/compressor, etc.
    Time to Call: Days essentially. I sleep nights and generally put my phone on silent for bed time. I also have AAA and unlimited towing.

#: 574-248-1191
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

Member car is on a distinguished road car's Avatar

Images

Name: Caleb
    Shop/Work Area: Wherever you happen to be stuck if you're close by
    Tools: Not much, just basic tools and I might know some people
    Time to Call: whenever, cell: 260-388-3407
    Last edited by car; 08-18-2011 at 07:30 AM.
    1990 Toyota Celica GT-S

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes is a splendid one to behold geebes's Avatar

Images

Name: Matt
    Shop: My apartment carport
    Tools: Pretty basic at this point
    Number: 509-844-5923...I don't answer strange numbers so please leave a message
    Time: Whenever, preferably before midnight.
    Right, Brilliant, Cheers!

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

name: Jason
    phone: (574) 248 0773
    When: Call anytime, although I work 8-4 in mishawaka, but try anyways. If I dont answer, keep calling I will eventually hear it.
    tools: most any hand tools.
    shop: No shop, but I will try to help either on the side of the road, or at home.

I dont post a lot anywhere anymore....but some people have helped me out too much not to lend a hand.

Location: RI...its too damn small to give anyone a reason to not travel to either end
    name: Chris
    phone: (401) 374-0964
    When: Call anytime....I do work M-F 8-5 though...so if you call me during those hours you might have to wait a bit.....
    tools: Mostly hand tools, but I do have a truck and a driveway.....where theres a will theres a way...we can always get the car to my house for ease of repair. Currently have shop manuals for the 90 celica on hand. Also Alltracman78 is usually only a phone call away....who needs a shop with backing like that?
    shop: No Shop access, but there are a handful of shops in my immediate area (North Providence)

In my area I do have a handful of auto part stores including napa and autozone. My current money pit is a 90 Celica Alltrac, so if something turbo 3s related is your issue I'll be more than helpful in coming to a resolution.

Puts the skillz to the extreme! extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz will become famous soon enough extremeskillz's Avatar
    extremeskillz has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RIalltrac
    I dont post a lot anywhere anymore....but some people have helped me out too much not to lend a hand.

Location: RI...its too damn small to give anyone a reason to not travel to either end
    name: Chris
    phone: (401) 374-0964
    When: Call anytime....I do work M-F 8-5 though...so if you call me during those hours you might have to wait a bit.....
    tools: Mostly hand tools, but I do have a truck and a driveway.....where theres a will theres a way...we can always get the car to my house for ease of repair. Currently have shop manuals for the 90 celica on hand. Also Alltracman78 is usually only a phone call away....who needs a shop with backing like that?
    shop: No Shop access, but there are a handful of shops in my immediate area (North Providence)

In my area I do have a handful of auto part stores including napa and autozone. My current money pit is a 90 Celica Alltrac, so if something turbo 3s related is your issue I'll be more than helpful in coming to a resolution.
    Name: Carlos
    Phone: 401-787-6931 (use wisely)
    When: call anytime but i do work 8-5 M-F and have School M-W all night. So I might be you second choice from Chris as far as availability.
    Tool: Got ratchets, air tools, hand tools, etc.
    As Chris said there a shit load of parts stores in a small area so really not an issue to go out and get some parts needed for repair.

She's sold
    !

Not that anyone will be passing through S'toon...

Name: Conrad
    Shop/Work Area: Everything minus machining equipment
    Phone: 306.652.4362 (home/shop), however I have a day job as well
    Tools: Everything
    Time to call: Anytime

Name: Dr Tweak
    Shop/Work Area: Full Service Shop
    Phone: 404-474-4573, 912-856-3771 (cell, please be responsible), 912-961-9222
    Tools: Everything
    Time to call: Anytime
    -Dr Tweak, Toyota engine swap wiring expert extraordinaire

Name: Nick or Honeycutt
    Shop: Home, AVG. Automotive, or whereever your stuck at
    Phone:828-381-0177
    Tools: Sockets, wreches, portable air compressor, batt. charger, jack and stands, etc.
    Time to call: anytime
    1993 Toyota Celica GT-S
    SRI
    35% TINT
    4-2-1 HEADER
    2 inch MEGAN RACING LOWERING SPRINGS
    CAT-BACK EXHAUST

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Name: Joey
    Shop: Your area, my area, or parts to Titus Will Toyota
    Phone:253-318-8480
    Tools: A lot and have access to EVERYTHING
    Time to Call: Anytime(Txt is better)

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Name: Ted
    Shop: My garage in fort collins, my parents place in denver for quick fixes.
    Phone: 720-284-9669
    Tools: if i don't have it, i would be VERY suprised
    Time to Call: Anytime, but if you leave me a voicemail, call back a few times till you get me cause i get sidetracked easily (my avatar says it all)
    ^Ted^

Name: Patrick
    Shop/Work Area: Just at the house, possibly breakdown location
    Phone: 740-649-2837
    Tools: Generic stuff, but it gets the job done in most any case
    Time to call: Any time, I dont care

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

If you are stuck in south alabama/gulf coast area, the Alabama crew has got you covered!

Name: Ryan
    Shop/Work Area: My back yard / side of road / parking lot
    Phone: 251-510-0565
    Tools: Air tools, hand tools, torch, saws, press.. just about anything
    Time to call: Anytime, I have unlimited TEXT messaging, so if you call and don't get an answer, just leave a voicemail or TEXT me.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Name: Just call me Berg. Or Adam. Either way.
    Shop/work area: Wherever it needs done. Will have a garage soon enough.
    Phone: Currently 719-568-4027. I will edit when I change. Also leave a message as I also do not answer unidentified calls.
    Tools: Basic hand tools, jumper cables, and my roommate has tons. Don't even know what all he has. We can get a hold of whatever is necessary.
    Time to call: Don't care. Phone is on all the time. Also have unlimited long distance and texts and such.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Hmm, nobody seems to be in my area...

Name: Bobby
    Shop/work area: Have garage that is usually in use, can work wherever.
    Phone: 518-307-6106
    Tools: Basic hand tools, jacks, limited selection of air tools. Not too experienced but happy to help, have manuals for 5th gen Celica and some experience. Also more than happy to do roadside help if needed... quick repairs, jump start, spare tire, whatever.
    Time to call: Anytime, though I probably won't answer. Will check voicemail when I can, but sending a text message is preferable and quicker.

Name: Brigid
    Shop/Work area: my garage
    Phone: 862-354-4084
    Tools: Basic hand tools, and a few air tools, battery charger, jack and jack stands, ramps, spare parts. I know a lot about a few things, but i work for a dealership so parts and towing are easy for me to get cheap.
    Time to call: Any time. If i dont answer leave me a message. this is my cell.

Where: Atlanta, GA
    Name: John
    Place: My garage-mahal.
    Phone: four,zero,four-964-five,eight,five,five
    Tools: Anything needed to fully dismantle, reassemble a Celica.
    I'm out of town for my job a lot. If I'm here and I can help, I'll be there.
    Last edited by gt4rcdude; 04-23-2009 at 05:27 AM.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Where: Minneapolis, MN
    Name: Clyde
    Place: My garage.
    Phone: 763-772-6484
    Tools: you name it, i've probably got it...
    i'm available pretty much anytime.
    YARRR!

'92 GT - Auto, Second OwnerSOLD
    !
    '93 GT - S54 Trans, Megan Racing 2" coils, SOLD
    !

Thread Information